Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Herniated disc, pinched sciatic nerve creating leg pain and numb toes/top of foot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    That sucks, but if it comes downto it, I'd consider a shot maybe not to sure, but the C is upper spine I'd imagine that would be bothersome
    0 0

One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching
    Reply With Quote   Herniated disc, pinched sciatic nerve creating leg pain and numb toes/top of foot Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Some of the numbness has disapated Which is good but still weak in my left leg. Tried to skate on the ice for a hockey clinic yesterday that I was part of and had a hard time pushing off on my heel. I had my MRI today so I guess I'll hear from the Dr soon and he can let me know wtf is going on.
    0 0

Reply With Quote   Herniated disc, pinched sciatic nerve creating leg pain and numb toes/top of foot Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Update for you guys, I have a ruptured disc causing pinched sciatic nerve on both legs but I only feel it in my left. Dr says I'm in for weeks of recovery ahead of me FUCK! Biggest let down ever. I can tell you this it def wasn't the gym, it was my labourous job that has fucked me over. I'm dying to get back in the gym, hoping my physio therapist who I start to go see this week will allow me to do certain workouts but I guess we shall see.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I may also need surgery if the numbness won't go away.
    Last edited by BAZ; 10-07-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    0 0

Gamma Radiation Affected
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    BE VERY CAREFUL WHATEVER YOU DO. DOING NOTHING IS ALSO SOMETHING THAT MIGHT BE IMPORTANT TO KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES.
    I LOW IMPACT AND LEAN DIET IS FOR SURE OK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaSuDQh5kY

that vid helped me. aplly that posture as best as you can

what i said about circulation is also for sure legit.

I would recomend crunches on your belly, like backwards ones. (dont quote me on that) and leg mobility on your back, flexibility. that helped me. also, be as lean as possible, and low impact cardio.

get a spungy puzzle peice matt, and do light cardio joggin on the spot in the morning barefoot.

this was really affective for me. be careful with certain exercises too.

if you hurt it, you may not feel the fluid from the disc leaking onto your nerve, if thats whats happening until weeks later.

acupresure, and acupuncture will help alot too if thats whats up. " but i had a good doctor for that in china"

circulation is key in the ankle too.

dont stay seated too long, i would avoid sitting in regular chairs at all costs. "this is true man"

use a zero gravity chair, use a heating pad. stay circulated. eat clean "this is also true"

I feel that juice might help me fix the imbalance of muscles, as my sciatica may be from imbalance. but if anyone has thoughts on this, i am hopeing to get someones input on weather or not they think test would possibly help me balance my muscles , get leaner and have more muscle, and strenghten core.
    Last edited by pip3586; 04-13-2015 at 09:38 AM.
    0 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by pip3586 View Post
    I would recomend crunches on your belly, like backwards ones. and leg mobility on your back, flexibility. that helped me. also, be as lean as possible, and low impact cardio.

get a spungy puzzle peice matt, and do light cardio joggin on the spot in the morning barefoot.

this was really affective for me. be careful with certain exercises too.

if you hurt it, you may not feel the fluid from the disc leaking onto your nerve, if thats whats happening until weeks later.

acupresure, and acupuncture will help alot too if thats whats up.

circulation is key in the ankle too.

dont stay seated too long, i would avoid sitting in regular chairs at all costs.

use a zero gravity chair, use a heating pad. stay circulated. eat clean

I feel that juice might help me fix the imbalance of muscles, as my sciatica may be from imbalance. but if anyone has thoughts on this, i am hopeing to get someones input on weather or not they think test would possibly help me balance my muscles , get leaner and have more muscle, and strenghten core.
    Without knowing your creditionals I would advise against your advice.
    Until a exact diagnosis is determine, I would be very hesitant to do what you wrote. You can aggravate the injury.
    Best suggestion is wait for MRI and consult with PT (Physiotherapist) to determine what you can do.
    0 0

Gamma Radiation Affected
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
    Without knowing your creditionals I would advise against your advice.
    Until a exact diagnosis is determine, I would be very hesitant to do what you wrote. You can aggravate the injury.
    Best suggestion is wait for MRI and consult with PT (Physiotherapist) to determine what you can do.
    THANK YOU KULL WARRIOR, YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT. I HAVE ALOT TO LEARN.

to be honest dependsing on where you are and who your doctor is.
    There is probably a great deal you can learn and do, pretty much on your own, even without an mri. "but definately seek a doctor, or acupuncturist if you can"

its said that if this doesnt go away within 6 weeks, theres a good chance your fuckered

the chinese acupuncturist in beijing gave me the most releif, even without an mri.

for me knowing what kind of bulge i had was easy, but i didnt have confidence until after my mri.

i will however stress that doing nothing, is another big decision

that was the worst decision i made in this, i listened to a doctor that really wasnt on the ball

i would say, that looking to yourself and yoru body is something that you shouldnt completely overlook. listen closely to what your body is telling you mabee.

hope this helps.

p.s

research
    bpc 157

hgrp-6
    mod grf-129
    tb-500
    menace growth factor

peptides
    Last edited by pip3586; 04-19-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    0 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAZ View Post
    Well guys woke up in a lot of pain down my left leg with a numb big toe and top of foot. Went to the Drs he says I probably have a herniated disc that is now pinched my sciatic nerve. No work or gym for me for 3 weeks and a MRI is also in order. Anyone experience this at all? Weirdest pain ever because my back really doesn't hurt too much just the odd move.
    Old post but I wanted to say thanks for posting this. 6 months ago I woke up with pain and couldn't even walk. Doctor said it was sciatic pain and i should get rest and relaxation and give it time. I was getting better but now the pain is back. Had to wait 7 weeks for MRI but it's tomorrow. It's been driving me crazy not being able to work out.

Someone old me there is homeopathy treatment for sciatic pain. Does anyone have any experience with this as a solution?
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I have just recovered 100% from two bulged discs and a nerve impingement without surgery. I was fortunate enough to work with Dr. Stu McGill. I would highly recommend reading a book that Dr. McGill and powerlifter Brian Carroll just released last autumn called "The Gift of Injury" Another great book from Dr. McGill is "The Back Mechanic". Both excellent resources.

Back Pain Exercises, Injury Prevention & Rehabilitation - BackFitPro.com

I went through eight weeks of no lifting with an exercise protocol and slowly started to squat again with light loading progressions. I squatted 825 last weekend without any pain whatsoever. I would avoid surgery if possible. If you want to fix your back and keep it fixed and make it stronger and more resilient to injury... read his book and apply his methods.
    3 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    I have just recovered 100% from two bulged discs and a nerve impingement without surgery. I was fortunate enough to work with Dr. Stu McGill. I would highly recommend reading a book that Dr. McGill and powerlifter Brian Carroll just released last autumn called "The Gift of Injury" Another great book from Dr. McGill is "The Back Mechanic". Both excellent resources.

Back Pain Exercises, Injury Prevention & Rehabilitation - BackFitPro.com

I went through eight weeks of no lifting with an exercise protocol and slowly started to squat again with light loading progressions. I squatted 825 last weekend without any pain whatsoever. I would avoid surgery if possible. If you want to fix your back and keep it fixed and make it stronger and more resilient to injury... read his book and apply his methods.
    Thanks. I'll read those books. My MRI showed I have a pinched nerve in my lower back. It still hurts but I'm now looking for a physio who knows sports medicine in Mississauga or GTA to get me back into the gym.
    0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12