Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bicep tendon pain?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Bicep tendon pain? 
    Moderator 66Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Great Wide Open
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes (Given)
    339
    Likes (Received)
    1140
    Dislikes (Given)
    22
    Dislikes (Received)
    8
    Hey guys,

    The last few weeks my bicep tendon (at inside of elbow) has been bugging me when I train back and biceps. Looking for some quick tips to get things back on track and pain free. Thanks.
    0 0
     
     
    Discipline and dedication yeilds results. Consistency is key.

    "You look like shit, you're fat with little muscle and your diet is shit and you're on all that gear?!?! The fuck is wrong with you??? " - xpac2 referring to n00b.
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  2. #2  
    Hardcore To The Motherfu*kin' MAX Hulk! No ego lifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,366
    Likes (Given)
    280
    Likes (Received)
    527
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    5
    I'll go ahead and state the obvious... Don't train back and biceps for a while.

    As for what you're actually looking for, doing very slow negatives has been used to treat tendonitis since the 80s. Past that, ice and ibuprofen.

    Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  3. #3  
    Vet St's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ottawa
    Posts
    3,207
    Likes (Given)
    260
    Likes (Received)
    48
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Ice for 3 days, then use a magic bean bag to help blood get in there to help.

    You can always go get a deep massage or active release.

    If your still worried go see a sports doctor.
    0 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  4. #4  
    Moderator 66Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Great Wide Open
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes (Given)
    339
    Likes (Received)
    1140
    Dislikes (Given)
    22
    Dislikes (Received)
    8
    Ok, good advice. Thanks guys
    0 0
     
     
    Discipline and dedication yeilds results. Consistency is key.

    "You look like shit, you're fat with little muscle and your diet is shit and you're on all that gear?!?! The fuck is wrong with you??? " - xpac2 referring to n00b.
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  5. #5  
    Hard As Nails Hulk Stingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    701
    Likes (Given)
    174
    Likes (Received)
    26
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    1
    Hey Chev, I get this too pretty often. I just lay down and rest a barbell (sleeve) on the part that's tight. If I need a bit more pressure I'll put my leg on it to weigh it down. Ice and Voltaren too.

    Since Donny Thompson started coming out with tempering I've been trying it and it works great. Just be selective of the weights you use for each bodypart.
    Last edited by Stingy; 12-07-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  6. #6  
    Hardcore CJM ELDER Testbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,923
    Likes (Given)
    1147
    Likes (Received)
    1624
    Dislikes (Given)
    20
    Dislikes (Received)
    8
    Overspeed eccentrics with bands for tendon and connective tissue health. I like sets of 50-100 really quick for banded triceps pushdown. Keeps elbows feeling nice and get a good pump. Can do the same for curls. If it's not too much pain if superset both exercises for high reps and get a lot of blood in there

    I do banded wrist curls for high reps and speed when my wrists are beat up from work. Get a big pump. Works like magic
    Last edited by Testbear; 12-07-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    0 0
     
     
    If I offend you
    1) I am sorry
    2) It won't happen again
    3) #1 and 2 are lies
    4) You're a pussy
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  7. #7  
    Hardcore To The Motherfu*kin' MAX Hulk! No ego lifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,366
    Likes (Given)
    280
    Likes (Received)
    527
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Testbear View Post
    Overspeed eccentrics with bands for tendon and connective tissue health. I like sets of 50-100 really quick for banded triceps pushdown. Keeps elbows feeling nice and get a good pump. Can do the same for curls. If it's not too much pain if superset both exercises for high reps and get a lot of blood in there

    I do banded wrist curls for high reps and speed when my wrists are beat up from work. Get a big pump. Works like magic
    Interesting. My physio has told me to do the exact opposite for tendonitis.

    Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  8. #8  
    Vet king56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,745
    Likes (Given)
    223
    Likes (Received)
    487
    Dislikes (Given)
    14
    Dislikes (Received)
    4
    The best advice is always the one we hate to hear ....rest it, ice it, mod use of anti inflammaties. The inflammation takes time to come alleviate and pushing through it often leads to constant pain. After several days off, just ensure you really warm up the joint before lifting and avoid exercise thst aggregate it.

    That is the best advice, advice I need to not just give out but actually follow myself quite often
    Days or a week off the gym is a fucking nightmare for guys like us
    2 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  9. #9  
    Mizz Monster millenium girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    934
    Likes (Given)
    140
    Likes (Received)
    189
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 66Chevy View Post
    Hey guys,

    The last few weeks my bicep tendon (at inside of elbow) has been bugging me when I train back and biceps. Looking for some quick tips to get things back on track and pain free. Thanks.
    Isn't that pain called golfer's elbow? I hope for you it is not a tendonitis because if it is you're gonna need rest (or at least avoid any exercise that triggers the pain).
    0 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

  10. #10  
    Vet Veteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,448
    Likes (Given)
    698
    Likes (Received)
    848
    Dislikes (Given)
    6
    Dislikes (Received)
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by king56 View Post
    The best advice is always the one we hate to hear ....rest it, ice it, mod use of anti inflammaties. The inflammation takes time to come alleviate and pushing through it often leads to constant pain. After several days off, just ensure you really warm up the joint before lifting and avoid exercise thst aggregate it.

    That is the best advice, advice I need to not just give out but actually follow myself quite often
    Days or a week off the gym is a fucking nightmare for guys like us
    I agree.. not the advice you want to hear but need to follow. Time off, ice and Ibuprofen. Continuing to work through it only makes it worse for me.

    Thread is a bit old, any relief yet ?
    0 0
     
     
    ​"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens"
    Reply With Quote   Bicep tendon pain? Send PM  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •