Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: osgood schlatters disease

1. #1 osgood schlatters disease 
    CJM Spawn
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Any members here with osgood schlatters disease? When i was 14 (im in my mid 20s now) I first noticed it on both my knees. More prominent on the right one.
    Usually it doesnt cause me discomfort but running and certain movements such as heavy squats and leg presses tend to aggravate it.
    Anyways my point is, have anyone of you had surgery or know of any other methods to alleviate/cure it?
    Cheers!
    0 0

Reply With Quote   osgood schlatters disease Send PM  

CJM Spawn
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidious View Post
    Any members here with osgood schlatters disease? When i was 14 (im in my mid 20s now) I first noticed it on both my knees. More prominent on the right one.
    Usually it doesnt cause me discomfort but running and certain movements such as heavy squats and leg presses tend to aggravate it.
    Anyways my point is, have anyone of you had surgery or know of any other methods to alleviate/cure it?
    Cheers!

yep, I have had that bullshit since I was a kid. came on at age 11. I was offered the surgery when i was a teenager (35 now) and I sure wish I had done it. but when you are 12 or 13, a 6 month recovery is impossible to accept because at that age 6 months is the rest of your life. the bumps on my knees are quite prominent, not noticeable with my legs straight of course, but when my knee is bent they're out there pretty good. they have never given me problems with working out, but as I'm sure you know, kneeling or putting any pressure on them is out of the question.

if you want my 2 cents, get the surgery if you are able to get a referral to a surgeon who is willing to do it. the recovery will suck, but it will be worth it for sure. getting it fixed would be one of those things that you will never look back on and think 'shit, I wish I wouldn't have done that.'
    1 0

Hardcore To The Motherfu*kin' MAX Hulk! No ego lifting's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I have this. Hurts like a bitch cycling 50km+ (bicycle, you addicts) and doing pretty much any quad exercise. The only thing I've found helpful is SBD knee sleeves. I don't think surgery for OS was even a thing when I was diagnosed, but my pediatrician was a prick so who knows.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by No ego lifting; 04-16-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    0 0

Berserker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Had it since I was 14. Strengthen my quads and it hasn’t bothered me in years. I’m 38 now.

Quote Originally Posted by sidious View Post
    Cheers!
    0 0