Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cardio equipment

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_n_blood View Post
    Sounds familiar. Are you doing your step ups? I found them to be more helpful than lunges.
    Get on the stationary bike a few times a week when your knee isn't at its worst. Put the seat as far back as you can. See how close you can come to a full revolution. Challenge yourself a little, but don't force it. One day it will go all the way around, and that will be a huge success.
    I even had to use an aerobic stepper at the end of my physiotherapy session yesterday. That said it is not easy to do step ups with a stiff/swollen knee.
    I got rid of the recumbent bike that I was renting because I couldn't use it. I will have a stationary bike delivered later this week and will try and see how far I can go first thing in the morning when knee is "normal".

Eazy -- I'm glad M_B who had the same surgery helps me and tells me what to do or not based on the pictures that I take of my knee. I might have been at the boards for a very long time I'm not a physiotherapist. I had the bad habit of working out around injuries which I knew was stupid and was making things worse but I did it anyway. We are all persistent and stubborn iron addicts ... and make some injuries much worse in the process.

What I like about this board is the support that I get regarding injury rehab, diet, everything. Thank you all
    0 0

Reply With Quote   Cardio equipment Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    My stationary bike has arrived. I cannot ride it yet but I do like I was told and sit on it (saddle at its highest) and push the pedal as far as I can. I believe that it helped with the physio earlier. I could actually bend more, did some squats and step lunges with the knee at 90 degrees.

Pic is sideways, sorry about that.
    Cardio equipment Attached Images
    1 0

Reply With Quote   Cardio equipment Send PM  

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910