Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cardio equipment

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
    I had lymphatic drainage earlier and physio with another PT. At first she told me that I need MUA but after she had worked on the knee for a few minutes I could bend at 90 degrees without pain she was a bit more optimistic. I will do a session a day with her and maybe another one with the PhysioTerrorist. We'll see.

The PT who works with th OS told me that I can walk on the treadmill as long as I'm not in any pain. He says that it's my knee and that I need to feel when it has had enough. As far as an inflammation of the tissues around the bionic knee is concerned he doesn't believe there is one (or my knee would be much warmer). I will start taking the Celebrex anyway, it might help reduce the swelling.

So far I did 20 min Kinetec, walked 15 minutes to the PT's practice and back (longer strides) and did 2 sessions of physio. Knee is tight and swollen. I'm gonna ice it and take it easy until the next session of Kinetec.

PS: I also worked the arms.
    Sounds encouraging. I'm convinced you are going in the right direction. I did not have drainage done. I am very interested in that procedure and your results. A rest day may be in order for you. I also think doing your upper body with some regularity will be good for you mentally as well as physically.
    1 0

There is no substitute for experience
    Reply With Quote   Cardio equipment Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_n_blood View Post
    Sounds encouraging. I'm convinced you are going in the right direction. I did not have drainage done. I am very interested in that procedure and your results. A rest day may be in order for you. I also think doing your upper body with some regularity will be good for you mentally as well as physically.
    Thank you. Telling me to work the upper body really helped me take my attention off of the knee pain and realize that I'm not completely crippled.

Yes I'd love a rest day. The first one will be Saturday. In the meantime I work with two PT's without them knowing there is another one who takes care of that knee. One mobilizes the knee and does lymphatic drainage (well it's actually two high boots connected to a machine that do the job), the other massages the knee and let me do what I want for a change (he used to push me around before my neighbor made him realize that he might be causing so much pain that my brain told my knee "fuck it, I'm not doing this".

Glad the PT working with the OS agrees that the treadmill is actually good for me (the PhysioTerrorist told me not to do more than 5 minutes).
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    This is the part I don't like, when you get differing opinions fro the pros. That's why I have tended to experiment and see what works for me. I suppose I've been lucky
    2 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    This is the part I don't like, when you get differing opinions fro the pros. That's why I have tended to experiment and see what works for me. I suppose I've been lucky
    I hate that too because it is all confusing and it doesn't help at all.

An American doctor at my home board told me that I know enough about lifting and workouts to be my own PT lol. He also advised me to stay away from nsaids right now.

I will experiment more too and I also appreciate your help. I trust you more than the PT who comes to my place.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I was so happy this morning when all went well during physio. I could do wall squats, isometric contractions, going up and down a step, doing leg extensions. PT said that I was doing really great. I added 18 min treadmill and all of a sudden my knee swole up like a balloon and said "stop, give me a break". I was supposed to do another session of Kinetec but did a few stretches instead.

I have sent iced it, elevated my leg and I just took a Celebrex or I won't sleep tonight.

I have two PT sessions tomorrow and 30 min lymphatic drainage. We'll see how that goes.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Update -- physio went well today. I had to lay on my belly and flex the knee or at least try to. It gave PT an idea of how much I could actually bend that knee. I never thought I would be able to bend at all but she said that I gained 5 degrees which is good I guess. Pain was OK -- only the inner compartment of the knee is always bothering me. She also made me use the step and put more weight on the knee. I also did 3 sets of squats (not deep but as deep as I could with a swollen knee). Tomorrow is a holiday and my next session is on Thursday morning. Not sure yet what I will do but I have to keep moving. I might walk on the treadmill and do some heel slides, mini squats, mini lunges. What do you think M_B?
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I think you are doing fine. You are farthere along than I was at your stage of the game.
    1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I think you are doing fine. You are farthere along than I was at your stage of the game.
    Thank you M_B

I wish I could bend that stiff knee more and ride the stationary bike or stop walking like a pirate (I can bend rit after physio but as soon as I sit for too long it's back to square one).
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Thank you M_B

I wish I could bend that stiff knee more and ride the stationary bike or stop walking like a pirate (I can bend rit after physio but as soon as I sit for too long it's back to square one).
    Sounds familiar. Are you doing your step ups? I found them to be more helpful than lunges.
    Get on the stationary bike a few times a week when your knee isn't at its worst. Put the seat as far back as you can. See how close you can come to a full revolution. Challenge yourself a little, but don't force it. One day it will go all the way around, and that will be a huge success.
    1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I hate that too because it is all confusing and it doesn't help at all.

An American doctor at my home board told me that I know enough about lifting and workouts to be my own PT lol. He also advised me to stay away from nsaids right now.

I will experiment more too and I also appreciate your help. I trust you more than the PT who comes to my place.
    Well, advice in fitness is individualistic.

You know that there is no "one size fits all" approach. Most things will work if followed strictly.

Yet regimens, diet plans, etc. all vary depending on a persons current physical state, experience, and dedication.

I'm sure you already have a pretty good idea of what to do. You've been around these boards longer than I.

No question is a bad question (for the most part) and the advice it brings is relative the experience of the person giving it.

We all live and learn... and some do it the hard and expensive way...
    1 0

"Knowledge... grounded on accuracy, aided by labour, and promoted by perseverance will finally overcome all obstacles, raise ignorance from despair, and establish happiness in the paths of science."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast