Thread: Metabolism reset

1. #1 Metabolism reset 
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Hey guys,

Long time lifter, first time poster..

Anywho to start I am 41 5'5 male , about 15 percent body fat and I have been lifting weights for about 20 years . I have good size, not looking to get huge but my issue is with getting lean again at 140 pounds . Currently at 183

My question is about metabolism reset. At one point I trained and dieted down to about 5 percent body fat and looked muscular and absolutely shredded for about a year...then the downward spiral started...could not maintain the leanness so I ate less and trained harder to no avail..long story short this went on for about 4 years and I think I destroyed my metabolism.

I started a 'metabolism reset' by eating a tonne more and the fat just piled on....I gained about 30 pounds of fat in 2 months of just basically eating 3000 cal a day....

My question is how long does this reset take as it's extremely uncomfortable carrying the extra fat and anyone else with the same type of history and success story?

Also I never used peds before but going to try test and anavar to see if that can help with a metabolism kickstart
    0 0

Reply With Quote   Metabolism reset Send PM  

Rampaging Hulk
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigswede View Post
    Hey guys,

Long time lifter, first time poster..

Anywho to start I am 41 5'5 male , about 15 percent body fat and I have been lifting weights for about 20 years . I have good size, not looking to get huge but my issue is with getting lean again at 140 pounds . Currently at 183

My question is about metabolism reset. At one point I trained and dieted down to about 5 percent body fat and looked muscular and absolutely shredded for about a year...then the downward spiral started...could not maintain the leanness so I ate less and trained harder to no avail..long story short this went on for about 4 years and I think I destroyed my metabolism.

I started a 'metabolism reset' by eating a tonne more and the fat just piled on....I gained about 30 pounds of fat in 2 months of just basically eating 3000 cal a day....

My question is how long does this reset take as it's extremely uncomfortable carrying the extra fat and anyone else with the same type of history and success story?

Also I never used peds before but going to try test and anavar to see if that can help with a metabolism kickstart
    The "reset" doesnt happen by itself, you must do it by priming your metabolismo.

You need cut very slowly And then reverse diet And repeat this process several Times until you get where you want to be.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankauskas View Post
    The "reset" doesnt happen by itself, you must do it by priming your metabolismo.

You need cut very slowly And then reverse diet And repeat this process several Times until you get where you want to be.
    Fuck a bunch of complicated bullshit. Just get on a proper food program and stay on it. Keep training hard. Your metabolism will take care of itself. It may not happen overnight, but it will.
    3 0

There is no substitute for experience

Hard As FU*K HULK!!! rhynoplanet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_n_blood View Post
    Fuck a bunch of complicated bullshit. Just get on a proper food program and stay on it. Keep training hard. Your metabolism will take care of itself. It may not happen overnight, but it will.
    This exactly. Design a good meal plan and train hard. Stick to it and you will end up where you want to be. Thatís it thatís all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0 0

ISYMFS. Be strong and CONQUER all. Old man strength.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Thanks guys ..when you mean design a good meal plan do you mean a good meal plan at increased calories ? Ie 3000. I account for macros etc ..

Sorry for the clarification just want to be sure .

Im anticipating this could take 1-2 years as I really feel I trashed my metabolism with undereating for so long and why the weight just exploded on me literally overnight when I decided to increase calories (mainly carbs).
    Last edited by Bigswede; 11-24-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    0 0

Hard As FU*K HULK!!! rhynoplanet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Yes, find your maintenance calories and then pick a macro breakdown that works for you and dependant on your goals. Getting a little fluffy is ok to put some size on but I would try to stay under 15% bodyfat. So try only going about 200 calories over maintenance for a few weeks and see how you respond. If getting too fat then cut it back and adjust your macro breakdown. Some people cant eat many carbs at all and do well on high protein and fat. Some people do really well on high carbs and protein but low fat. It is individual and you have to figure that part out. Honestly at your stats I would first try cutting 250 calories from your maintenance amount and see how you respond after 6-8 weeks. So if 3000 is your maintenance then eat 2750 a day for 6-8 weeks but I would start with high protein and lower carbs and middle fat. Adjust from there based on you look and feel.
    1 0

ISYMFS. Be strong and CONQUER all. Old man strength.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Thanks rhyno appreciate it
    1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigswede View Post
    Thanks guys ..when you mean design a good meal plan do you mean a good meal plan at increased calories ? Ie 3000. I account for macros etc ..

Sorry for the clarification just want to be sure .

Im anticipating this could take 1-2 years as I really feel I trashed my metabolism with undereating for so long and why the weight just exploded on me literally overnight when I decided to increase calories (mainly carbs).
    It will not take that long. Your body will amaze you when you simply start giving it plenty of what it needs, and very little of what it doesn't
    0 0

There is no substitute for experience

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    if i may add, i think the science concludes the best way to raise metabolism is heavy resistance training and high intensity interval training. imo, the 2 together are an unstoppable force.
    i believe very recent science concludes that calorie restriction is a poor way to permanently reduce body fat because of the effect on metabolism. i tell people , to look like and athlete you have to eat and train like one, there really is not short cuts other that, strong drugs and surgery
    2 0

Its Ripping Time

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Reverse dieting shouldn't be jump to 3000. Find maintenance cals, add 100 to daily total, keep an eye on composition and scale, add another 100 after every week or 2 if warranted. Once back up a few hundred cals, add a couple HIIT a week, add another 100 cals and so on.
    0 0

Flesh...Aroooo !