Thread: Food for recovery

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Hardcore Motherfu*kin' Hulk Mnemonic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
    Yummy that sounds tasty. I'm gonna try that recipe for sure. I like pineapple a lot but cannot eat a whole one all by myself. A smoothie is ideal.

I've been eating cantaloupe for the last three days. I need a change lol.
    Lol, we usually buy a bunch and spread them out into servings to freeze, so they are cold and last longer.
    She's got a bunch of bags in the freezer ready to toss into the blender.

Also for most veggies/fruits, they are the freshest when they are frozen for the grocery store.
    May not taste the best or even ripe sometimes, but pre-chopped/frozen in bags from the store is also good.
    1 0

"You know what they say, measure something... Then just cut it."
    Reply With Quote   Food for recovery Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic View Post
    Lol, we usually buy a bunch and spread them out into servings to freeze, so they are cold and last longer.
    She's got a bunch of bags in the freezer ready to toss into the blender.

Also for most veggies/fruits, they are the freshest when they are frozen for the grocery store.
    May not taste the best or even ripe sometimes, but pre-chopped/frozen in bags from the store is also good.

Until last week I had no freezer. I bought a mini one for my cold packs lol. And my fridge is too small to stock up on different veggies and fruit. I usually buy baby romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, ginger, olives, apples, raspberries and an avocado or two.

Pre-chopped -- great idea. I avoid staying on my feet for too long or my knee swells up like a balloon.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I tried brown rice and beans for lunch. That fills you up. I hadn't eaten rice since I was a kid and don't really like the taste but if you recommend it I can have rice and beans once a week. I added tahin and wasabi for taste lol.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I tried brown rice and beans for lunch. That fills you up. I hadn't eaten rice since I was a kid and don't really like the taste but if you recommend it I can have rice and beans once a week. I added tahin and wasabi for taste lol.
    Did you try the quinoa and beans? As fa as the taste, make a rice and bean soup and spice it how you want.Personally, I like screaming hot/spicy soups.
    1 0

There is no substitute for experience

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_n_blood View Post
    Did you try the quinoa and beans? As fa as the taste, make a rice and bean soup and spice it how you want.Personally, I like screaming hot/spicy soups.
    I bought quinoa yesterday and haven't tried quinoa and bean yet. I also bought seaweed lol.

I like the idea of having soups, they are easy on my digestive system. The last few days have been a bit hectic. With two physio sessions a day I didn't eat what I was supposed to. I added veggies like Mnemonic told me but lunch was basically smoothies or home made spread on toasted Ezekiel bread with a slice of cheese or cottage cheese. Breakfast is my favorite meal. I'm always hungry first thing in the morning and stomach accepts more food than it does during the day.

M_B you know me too well already, you knew I wasn't eating what I'm supposed to lol. I double scooped my breakfast shakes like you told me. I mix the protein powder with Greek yogurt, Alpro On or cottage cheese and a handful pecan nuts and ginger. I guess Breakfast is OK but I definitely need more protein at lunch and dinner time. I hate going to bed with a full stomach because I have reflux and this isn't helping. I might have a protein shake or an omelet for supper if you think it will help but I will eat early.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I bought quinoa yesterday and haven't tried quinoa and bean yet. I also bought seaweed lol.

I like the idea of having soups, they are easy on my digestive system. The last few days have been a bit hectic. With two physio sessions a day I didn't eat what I was supposed to. I added veggies like Mnemonic told me but lunch was basically smoothies or home made spread on toasted Ezekiel bread with a slice of cheese or cottage cheese. Breakfast is my favorite meal. I'm always hungry first thing in the morning and stomach accepts more food than it does during the day.

M_B you know me too well already, you knew I wasn't eating what I'm supposed to lol. I double scooped my breakfast shakes like you told me. I mix the protein powder with Greek yogurt, Alpro On or cottage cheese and a handful pecan nuts and ginger. I guess Breakfast is OK but I definitely need more protein at lunch and dinner time. I hate going to bed with a full stomach because I have reflux and this isn't helping. I might have a protein shake or an omelet for supper if you think it will help but I will eat early.
    Nothing wrong with that. I just want you to get your macros in. You have to feed your body to recover.
    1 0

Hardcore Motherfu*kin' Hulk Mnemonic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    If you need some help with acid reflux, try some apple cider vinegar.
    Your diet doesn't change your body overnight, so your stomach acid likely needs some help.

Personally, I take 6 tbsp a day split into 3, morning, afternoon and before dinner. Dilute in water or it may make you feel a bit uncomfortable.
    It helps to make the stomach acid more acidic. Honestly I haven't had reflux since I started, even on big time cheat meals.
    1 0

"You know what they say, measure something... Then just cut it."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic View Post
    If you need some help with acid reflux, try some apple cider vinegar.
    Your diet doesn't change your body overnight, so your stomach acid likely needs some help.

Personally, I take 6 tbsp a day split into 3, morning, afternoon and before dinner. Dilute in water or it may make you feel a bit uncomfortable.
    It helps to make the stomach acid more acidic. Honestly I haven't had reflux since I started, even on big time cheat meals.
    Cool. Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna buy organic apple cider vinegar. I'm willing to try anything because this is really annoying.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I made a soup of fresh organic tomatoes and quinoa earlier. Tastier than brown rice and beans. I also bought Edamame beans. I might try and eat them with quinoa or brown rice. Just looking for more ideas.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I made a soup of fresh organic tomatoes and quinoa earlier. Tastier than brown rice and beans. I also bought Edamame beans. I might try and eat them with quinoa or brown rice. Just looking for more ideas.
    Tomatoes adn quinoa might be tastier for you, but lack the protein in the beans. I'll have to check the protein content of edamame. I didn't like them when I tried them, but plenty of people do.
    1 0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast