Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ladies, you're killing me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbate View Post
    You looked really good. Never get upset you are not as ripped now. Think of all the woman out there that have never looked like that no matter what age.
    Thank you Sorbate. You always find the right words to make me feel better. I have what a psychiatrist calls a distorted body image. When I look in the mirror I see a fat woman. I always wanted to be skinny and that lead me to anorexia when I was a teenager and again in my early 30's. Sometimes I don't feel like doing cardio but I have to burn a max of calories and I get up at 3:30 or 4am to get the cardio in before heading to work (even when I'm injured or not well ....). If I don't I feel terribly guilty and barely eat.
    1 0

Reply With Quote   Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
    Thank you Sorbate. You always find the right words to make me feel better. I have what a psychiatrist calls a distorted body image. When I look in the mirror I see a fat woman. I always wanted to be skinny and that lead me to anorexia when I was a teenager and again in my early 30's. Sometimes I don't feel like doing cardio but I have to burn a max of calories and I get up at 3:30 or 4am to get the cardio in before heading to work (even when I'm injured or not well ....). If I don't I feel terribly guilty and barely eat.
    My wife is now 54 she fucking hates it. She hates the tiny wrinkles on her chest, you know the little signs of getting older.
    This is what I tell her.
    Look around at the woman your age. In comparison to them, you are fucking hot. That's all that counts.

MG you need to do the same thing. Don't waste your time in the past. Look around at the woman your age.
    Please understand there is nothing wrong with looking back and seeing how you looked (and you looked great btw, I would have been flirting, chasing you around, lol) but don't get stuck in it.

Don't starve yourself. Dont feel guilty. Take an honest look around at the other woman your age. If you are kicking their asses, that's all that counts. Now please don't go and find that one that perfect and ... well you know we're I'm going with this. Look at the average moo moo wearing fatty and you'll notice you look pretty hot in comparison. Plus a tiny little bit fat under the skin, keeps it looking smoother as you get older, lol.

Btw anyone that trains gas a distorted body image, or we wouldn't train to try to change it.
    2 0

Any monkey can lift weights, it's the eating part that's hard.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Thank you Sorbate. You rock!

I just talked to a couple of tenants in my building and both said that I should be proud of my body and that I look 10 years younger than my age. That and your posts made my day
    1 0

Reply With Quote   Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
    Thank you Sorbate. You rock!

I just talked to a couple of tenants in my building and both said that I should be proud of my body and that I look 10 years younger than my age. That and your posts made my day
    Thank you for the compliment. But honestly anytime you feel bad about yourself just look around. It will make you feel a lot better. Plus finding that right lighting in the bathroom helps, lol.
    1 0

Any monkey can lift weights, it's the eating part that's hard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123