Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Colin Kaepernick: What Y'all Think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by xpac2 View Post
    Wrote up a long reply but this article I feel says it best and much more eloquently than I could
    https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ur-racist.html

I had had a big long write up to start with too.....

but it all I can say is

barf

for fuck sucks I wish people would wake the fuck up.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    -- Interesting replies. Firstly, I don't think it's a good thing to ever mix sports with politics. Ever. Through the ages we've seen various forms of protest in the Olympics and it definitely detracts from the overall sense of sportsmanship it's supposed to represent. After all, you are the chosen ambassador for your country to represent them in the best possible light. In my opinion win a gold medal first and then go home and stand up for whatever cause you wish (What's that. No? Ah, you don't want to now as that gold medal equals paycheques from endorsements). Not only will you have more clout now that you're a gold medalist but you'll also not be tarnishing an international sporting spectacle that's supposed to be solely about garnering goodwill between nations and a platform onto which athletes can perform to see how they measure up against the world's best.

So now we have Colin Kaepernick choosing to use his place in the NFL to protest against the powers that be. Many argue it's his given right as an American to protest and I'll agree with that. However, only in the proper context. Basically this means on his own bloody time. When he dons a 49'ers jersey he then represents a team. When he represents a team he represents the owner of the team and the city he plays for. I believe that unless the 49'ers owner gave him permission to lodge a personal protest, the owner should have the right to penalize him however he sees fit. Sit him, trade him, fine him, etc. The owner is the boss and by proxy he's the one that makes the rules and the one that takes all the risks and brings professional football to the city, and thus, a valuable asset. In my eyes Colin's selfish antics are a rude snub toward the owner, the 49'ers, and the city of San Francisco. You wanna protest? Then win some rings, build up your image and respect, and then speak and protest all you want after you retire. Until then, serve the team, the city, and your boss.
    3 0

Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...imilation.html
    Read about my Incarceration (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ice-loose.html
    Read about the History of CJM (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...%3D%3D%3D.html

"People prefer to follow those that help them, not those who intimidate them."

-- Dr Juice

Hulking UP
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I dont think using the NFL stage is the appropriate place to be doing the demonstration. He can use his social media, youtube, or other means to voice his opinion. I also wish he would do away with the fro, its hard to take him seriously when he looks like a simpsons character. He is going to land himself in hot water with his message. Police are already saying they dont want to provide security for the 49ers games, those socks depicting cops as pigs is gonna lead to a gun being found in his car on a random stop
    1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Wrong place, wrong time. I think he can kiss his career goodbye

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I am a American living in Canada and the my flag represents the sacrifices great men and women have made to serve and protect our country and others in the world and this very disrespectful to them. If you want to protest and make a difference do something not say something. He has a freedom to do so and I respect that freedom but my personal opinion is he is a SUPER DOUCHE BAG!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by meatman777; 09-09-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    1 0

CJM Spawn
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by prariefire View Post
    Does he have a right, yes. Is he the right person to be making this protest, I dont think so. For a guy that was raised by well to do white parents and makes millions of dollars I just dont think he really knows the "opression." I think this was more a publicity stunt that has been working wonders. Lots of athletes have condemned him and now other no-name athletes are doing the same. I think there was a smarter way to go about it.
    Kaepernick has been harassed for being black in the past so of course he has seen oppression. He's a light skin black guy covered in tattoos, similar to myself. The fact he was adopted is neither here nor there. Also, plenty of black athletes have supported Kaepernick since he started his protest. White athletes, no, but a wealth of black athletes have. This means his message resonates with them and with the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM2% View Post
    I dont think using the NFL stage is the appropriate place to be doing the demonstration. He can use his social media, youtube, or other means to voice his opinion. I also wish he would do away with the fro, its hard to take him seriously when he looks like a simpsons character. He is going to land himself in hot water with his message. Police are already saying they dont want to provide security for the 49ers games, those socks depicting cops as pigs is gonna lead to a gun being found in his car on a random stop
    Th NFL is a great place to get the message across. Also, Kaepernick is not the only athlete to sport an afro. Plenty of black and mixed athletes across sports wear afros. In soccer there's Luiz, Willian, Fellani, Ben Wallace from the Pistons used to wear one, etc. I guess blacks look like Simpon characters to white people when we wear our hair. But when whites wear their greasy hair it's OK lol. Kaepernick has millions of dollars. He'll be OK.
    Last edited by beyonder; 11-28-2016 at 07:51 PM.
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Yes and his subsequent wearing of pig cartoon Police socks to practice was to do what? So not only is he painting the entire fabric of the country with the same brush but making sure he throws the entire profession of Policing into his masterpiece too, despite the fact the vast majority of the Police do a fine job INCLUDING many Officers of colour. That wasn't even close to a social statement. That was simply to garner personal attention.

Are black people oppressed and harassed? Sure they are. But it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be. And why do you suppose that is? Maybe because we are gradually moving away from being divisive as a society? We are raising our kids to treat colour as nothing more than just that, colour. Now we have this misplaced soap boxing and the "black lives matter" movement. When you suggest that one colour of life matters, you are reversing the good trend by creating division from the other side. It is serving to accomplish exactly the opposite of its alleged intended purpose.
    1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by beyonder View Post
    Kaepernick has been harassed for being black in the past so of course he has seen oppression. He's a light skin black guy covered in tattoos, similar to myself. The fact he was adopted is neither here nor there. Also, plenty of black athletes have supported Kaepernick since he started his protest. White athletes, no, but a wealth of black athletes have. This means his message resonates with them and with the NFL.

Th NFL is a great place to get the message across. Also, Kaepernick is not the only athlete to sport an afro. Plenty of black and mixed athletes across sports wear afros. In soccer there's Luiz, Willian, Fellani, Ben Wallace from the Pistons used to wear one, etc. I guess blacks look like Simpon characters to white people when we wear our hair. But when whites wear their greasy hair it's OK lol. Kaepernick has millions of dollars. He'll be OK.

More shallow points of view that tell one side of the story and gross generalizations.

laughable to anyone with half a brain.

its too bad this issue has to be clouded with so much nonsense and bullshit. If it wasn't maybe we could actually work towards getting things where the should be and could be.
    0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12