Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Suppose You Were Granted A Wish . . .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    -- Some great eloquent points made by you guys! By no means am I discouraging any gents here to not grow a beard, but I did want to put some of my personal observations to print. It's a new generation coming up and now being 46 years old I've had to come to terms with passing the goblet on, if you will, to the young males of today. I suppose I'm feeling no different than my father and his father before him, and so on and so on. I think as we age we grow surprisingly susceptible in being highly critical of the younger male counterparts that surround us and perhaps the problem is less about the newer generation, but instead more about our perceived observations. If things aren't done the way we experienced them than it causes uncomfortableness. We get stuck in our ways and find change a hard idea to adapt to. Dear Lord, I think it's called becoming an old curmudgeon, lol.

All joking aside though. As uncomfortable it is to accept change and embrace a younger, and seemingly much different generation, maybe things are on the right track? Maybe this is all just natural progression in the right direction? When all my generation was worried about was sinking entire paychecks into building up their beater cars and cruising for chicks, or going to the clubs and getting wasted to then fight, then perhaps this new generation is getting it right. If they want to do things differently and instead create social change, fight for the environment, or invent new technologies and media platforms, then who are we to discourage them? Even if it means we have to sit next to a twenty-something bespectacled hipster with a patchy neck beard, hoop earrings, green hair, and an open laptop at the local Tim Hortons.

Oh, and just to be clear . . . action heroes of my day were clean shaven. Not a beard in sight. Just sayin'
    0 0

Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...imilation.html
    Read about my Incarceration (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ice-loose.html
    Read about the History of CJM (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...%3D%3D%3D.html

"People prefer to follow those that help them, not those who intimidate them."

-- Dr Juice
    Reply With Quote   Send PM  

Gamma Radiation Affected marm2017's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dr Juice~ View Post
    -- Some great eloquent points made by you guys! By no means am I discouraging any gents here to not grow a beard, but I did want to put some of my personal observations to print. It's a new generation coming up and now being 46 years old I've had to come to terms with passing the goblet on, if you will, to the young males of today. I suppose I'm feeling no different than my father and his father before him, and so on and so on. I think as we age we grow surprisingly susceptible in being highly critical of the younger male counterparts that surround us and perhaps the problem is less about the newer generation, but instead more about our perceived observations. If things aren't done the way we experienced them than it causes uncomfortableness. We get stuck in our ways and find change a hard idea to adapt to. Dear Lord, I think it's called becoming an old curmudgeon, lol.

All joking aside though. As uncomfortable it is to accept change and embrace a younger, and seemingly much different generation, maybe things are on the right track? Maybe this is all just natural progression in the right direction? When all my generation was worried about was sinking entire paychecks into building up their beater cars and cruising for chicks, or going to the clubs and getting wasted to then fight, then perhaps this new generation is getting it right. If they want to do things differently and instead create social change, fight for the environment, or invent new technologies and media platforms, then who are we to discourage them? Even if it means we have to sit next to a twenty-something bespectacled hipster with a patchy neck beard, hoop earrings, green hair, and an open laptop at the local Tim Hortons.

Oh, and just to be clear . . . action heroes of my day were clean shaven. Not a beard in sight. Just sayin'
    Here, here Dr. J.

My two cents?

Bring back the generational work ethic of Don Draper's day. If you don't know what this means, speak to your grandparents. They slugged, slogged and never stuck their hand out for free anything. What has happened to North America since then?

Today's generational crew of whiners, snap chat gurus and bar stool critics bemoan military service, hard work and civic duty while checking their phones for the latest text message. Have you seen this generation walk and text down the sidewalk? What priorities do they really have?

Sure, they are looking for leadership, leadership that tells them they can have it all for free while the rest of us support a free loading, spoiled generation living in the basement. Is this the future of western democracy?

Scottee, beam me back to Mad Men, Episode 1. But, before that, a crew cut and a shave please.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I'm thinking all you older and maybe not so older fellas that are anti beard likely adopted that from your father and or grandfather being they likely were involved in ww1 and or ww2 and I beleive that the policy was clean shavin in the military.

Facial hair is natural after all no shame there. AND the best part about going all natural is you don't have to trim your nose hair anymore just let it grow and blend into your mustache.
    1 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaunt View Post
    I'm thinking all you older and maybe not so older fellas that are anti beard likely adopted that from your father and or grandfather being they likely were involved in ww1 and or ww2 and I beleive that the policy was clean shavin in the military.

Facial hair is natural after all no shame there. AND the best part about going all natural is you don't have to trim your nose hair anymore just let it grow and blend into your mustache.
    Lol @ nose hair

I'm not anti beard but it feels gross. I never get used to it on my face. And the hipster beard culture around it is annoying. So much "beard pride" for something as useless as facial hair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234