Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Opinion on frequency?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    only weights would be 1-4 times weekly (legs for instance get killed with any deads or squat variation) but if you add other activities like swimming and rowing I can hit the same muscle up to 6 times in a week.

Depends on what I'm working on.

To answer your question, though, I think it doesn't matter that much in the long run. I think what matters more is accumulated volume during the week (and weekends ).
    1 0

Team Alpha
    Reply With Quote   Send PM  

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I don't think swimming or walking counts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdave View Post
    I don't think swimming or walking counts....

Please tell me how you can manage to swim by expending so little energy? I am drained after 30 minutes of treading water or even anything over 200m crawl lol and I don't think I am below average as far as fitness goes...
    1 0

Team Alpha

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samwall View Post
    Please tell me how you can manage to swim by expending so little energy? I am drained after 30 minutes of treading water or even anything over 200m crawl lol and I don't think I am below average as far as fitness goes...
    I guess to me swimming would be more like low impact cardio. It will work your muscles but it's not breaking them down. I don't think it counts as weights tho. Which you eluded to as well. Just think it's a complication trying to account for them as part of muscle frequency

0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Your question was about training frequency and not volume that's why I answered that way.
    I don't count HIIT or LISS type workouts in my volume but do consider it in my overall weekly split (if this makes sense).
    0 0

Team Alpha

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samwall View Post
    Your question was about training frequency and not volume that's why I answered that way.
    I don't count HIIT or LISS type workouts in my volume but do consider it in my overall weekly split (if this makes sense).
    That's understandable - I don't count LISS or cardio as part of the split. I just pick something that's not gunna be taxing on the muscle but good for endurance and respiratory and whether that's the rower or the treadmill I don't count it towards frequency

1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    PPSL (Push,Pull,Shoulders,Legs) ill add a dedicated arm day every other week and take rests only when i feel my body needs it.

im about to try another spit tho in a couple weeks with lower frequency, my intent is to focus much more on the muscle being trained

Push/Pull (geared more towards hypertrophy)
    Posterior Chain (with back squat)
    Shoulders/arms
    Pull (with dead lift)
    Push
    Quads (front squat)
    Rest
    Last edited by AceTrentura; 06-26-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    1 0

CJM's Experimental Minion to Monster Project S2KG's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    I'm actually increasing my frequency. Pull, Push, Legs, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat or take an off day. I want to increase the frequency and intensity in which I hit my Back & Chest whilst decreasing how often I hit delts / arms. Hoping this will bring up my weaker body groups making me more proportionate.

I've been in your shoes on many occasions... You can ask everybody what works for them, or you can just TRY different things and see what works best for you!
    I've been doing Back, Chest, Legs, Delts/Arms, Off for just over a year now with good results. I now want to try PPL for a while and see how I grow in comparison.
    2 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by S2KG View Post
    I'm actually increasing my frequency. Pull, Push, Legs, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat or take an off day. I want to increase the frequency and intensity in which I hit my Back & Chest whilst decreasing how often I hit delts / arms. Hoping this will bring up my weaker body groups making me more proportionate.

I've been in your shoes on many occasions... You can ask everybody what works for them, or you can just TRY different things and see what works best for you!
    I've been doing Back, Chest, Legs, Delts/Arms, Off for just over a year now with good results. I now want to try PPL for a while and see how I grow in comparison.
    I've been trying to find the sweet spot. I think intensity, frequency and volume all play a part now.
    I decided to stick to twice a week because I looked through my log books and realized I made good progress on it. What I need to do is change / decrease frequency and/or volume when I increase intensity the week before. Basically less autopilot and more intuitive training. Listen to my body more. See what I did the week before or figure out what I want the week after

0 0

CJM's Experimental Minion to Monster Project S2KG's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdave View Post
    I've been trying to find the sweet spot. I think intensity, frequency and volume all play a part now.
    I decided to stick to twice a week because I looked through my log books and realized I made good progress on it. What I need to do is change / decrease frequency and/or volume when I increase intensity the week before. Basically less autopilot and more intuitive training. Listen to my body more. See what I did the week before or figure out what I want the week after

Training should be an art form. Not clashing steel plates together. You want to listen to your body and lift based on feel, not ego. (Something I'm trying desperately to learn) I've always responded best to pyramiding the weight (Just moved back to doing this) Warm up, Working set, Harder set, Max effort heavy set. Go to failure and beyond your last set, stop 1-2 reps shy of failure on your harder set, leave more in the tank during your warm up / working set. The 3 prior sets are simply for volume, its the max heavy set that will stimulate the growth your after.
    1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12