Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ((( Official 2017 MR OLYMPIA Thread , Sept. 14th - 17th )))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 ((( Official 2017 MR OLYMPIA Thread , Sept. 14th - 17th ))) 
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

2016 MR OLYMPIA September 14th - 17th, Las Vegas, Nevada

When: September 14th - 17th, 2017
    Where: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Info: Official 2017 Mr Olympia Website >>> http://mrolympia.com/2017/

-- Thought we'd better get busy and get an official Mr. Olympia thread up and running as the date is nearing quick. Do you CJM'rs have any thoughts or predictions? Lets here 'em.
    0 0

Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ad.php?t=53419

Read about my Incarceration (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ghlight=newark

Read about the History of CJM (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ad.php?t=40153

"People prefer to follow those that help them, not those who intimidate them."

-- Dr Juice
    Reply With Quote   Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Early 2017 Mr. Olympia Predictions Ė Can Heath be Dethroned? (article)
    By Matt Weik, August 4, 2017

No one has really thrown out any talk about the Olympia just yet, so I figured Iíd start the party a little early and give my predictions. Thereís a lot that went on at the 2016 Olympia which should excite many coming into the 2017 Olympia prep. Phil is obviously going to be back to defend his title, but are there any bodybuilders out there who are able to dethrone him? Letís first lay out my top five predictions and then get into some dialogue about each.

Matt Weik's Top 5 Predictions:

1. Phil Heath
    2. Shawn Rhoden
    3. Dexter Jackson
    4. Big Ramy
    5. Cedric McMillan

Phil Heath

Six-time Mr. Olympia winner, Phil Health, in my opinion is on his way to take home number seven. Assuming he can come in and nail his conditioning and steer clear of any injuries, I donít see anyone on stage right now who can beat him. Many have said that Kai Greene is the only person who can knock Phil off, but to be honest, Iím not so sure I believe that anymore. Phil, as I see it right now, has the best physique in bodybuilding and stands aloneóheís the total package. I can only hope that someone can step up and give us a show like the old Phil and Jay days.

Shawn Rhoden

If Phil comes in a little off, it could quite frankly open the door for Shawn to step in. Shawn has one of those freaky physiques that stands out on stage. Great muscularity with sharp conditioning and a tiny waist. When he hits his conditioning, he has some of the best and most defined abs in the line-up. Itís hard not to imagine him going toe to toe with Phil again this year, only to fall short for another year.

Dexter Jackson

Do we really even need to explain this one? Dexter is a threat in every competition he shows up for. His conditioning and look seems timeless and really hasnít changed in the last several years. While his midsection has got a little wider, it was at the expense of adding on more quality mass to be able to stand next to guys like Phil and Shawn and not look small. Dexter is a vampire of the sport and doesnít seem to age. In fact, every year he adds a new dimension to his physique without losing sight of the conditioning he is so well-known for. While I donít believe we will ever see Dexter as an Olympia winner again, he certain deserves to be on stage and in the top five.

Big Ramy

The man who is said to be the next Mr. Olympia just canít seem to nail his physique. Every year it seems like something is off with it. Slotting Ramy into 4th might be me being gracious. After Big Ramy parted ways with Chris Aceto, I almost had a sense of the ďoldĒ Ramy coming back where he was just a big, huge, mass of muscle with not the greatest conditioning. IF Ramy comes into the Olympia looking like the older version of himself, we might see him slip into 5th or even out of the top five potentially. There are too many competitors these days who are coming into big shows completely diced. In 2016, I thought we saw the best version of Ramy to date. If he can get back to that conditioning while maintaining his size, Ramy could even move up in the list and slide into 3rd. But, Iím just not sure what to expect from Ramy this year since we havenít seen him on stage, plus, he had surgery during the off-season as well. Kuwait has been very kind to him and heís done some amazing things over at Oxygen Gym, but only time will tell the conditioning he can achieve without Aceto in his corner.

Cedric McMillan

It honestly pains me to have Cedric in the number five spot since heís one of my favorite bodybuilders right now. Last year he placed 7th behind Winklaar and Bonac. Yet, this year he took home the Arnold Classic title and won over fans across the globe with his post win interview with Arnold. Not to mention his mid-performance selfie with The Oak, himself. Iím sure many of you might be wondering how I could slide Cedric into 5th when he placed behind two other competitors last year, and both of those competitors had amazing physiques. Hereís my takeÖ Cedric is everything this sport needs to survive. He has a great physique, he doesnít rock the boat, he has a sense of humor, and heís everything the sport of bodybuilding needs to stay interesting. Heís also an amazing ambassador to the sport, more so than many other competitors in my opinion. I believe he will be given (key word being ďgivenĒ) the number five spot. We all know that thereís a little behind the scenes politics going on in the industry, so itís my thought that he will come in 5th.
    0 0

Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ad.php?t=53419

Read about my Incarceration (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ghlight=newark

Read about the History of CJM (click): http://canadianjuicemonsters.net/for...ad.php?t=40153

-- Dr Juice

Hardcore Motherfu*kin' Hulk Mnemonic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    This may not be the year, but could Cedric be the one to dethrone Phil?
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Flex Wheeler VS Kevin Levrone at the 2017 Olympia?! (article)
    By Matt Weik, August 8, 2017

We are truly in an exciting time in the world of bodybuilding. We have two of the greats back in the gym training for shows. The question arises, between Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone, who will have their comeback win first?

A Tale of Two Greats
    Both Kevin and Flex are no strangers to the competition stage. However, both are trying to do something that no one has ever done before—come out of retirement after years of being a spectator and win a pro show. Neither of the two men are spring chickens, so the fact that they want to jump back on stage to see what they have left in the tank is pretty exciting if you ask me.

Last year at the Mr. Olympia contest in Vegas, Kevin didn’t place nearly as well as he hoped for. While everyone was excited to see him, placing last wasn’t exactly the welcome home party he was looking for, especially after he got a special invite to compete. That being said, he mentioned after the show that he had a leg injury that slowed his progress and severely cut back on his training. He vowed to come back in 2017 and hit the stage again and finish some unsettled business.

As I’m sure some of you have heard, Kevin was thinking about doing the Vancouver Pro. Due to some family matters, he has pulled out of the show and said he would not be competing until after the 2017 Olympia. So, will that allow Flex to come in and win his comeback show before Kevin can even step on stage again?

While the Same, They Are Both Different
    In this fun little debate we are having on this subject, we do need to put some things into perspective. Flex and Kevin were once both competing in bodybuilding, but are now competing in different divisions. Kevin came back to his roots and jumped back into bodybuilding, whereas Flex is training to compete in the Men’s Classic Physique division. Are the divisions similar? Not even close.

In order for Kevin to win, in my opinion, he is going to need to do a small show where none of the big names are entering. At the Olympia, while his physique didn’t look terrible, he was dwarfed by many of the competitors, and obviously his legs were a lot smaller due to the injury. Being that Kevin has had a good year before he steps on stage following the previous Olympia, who knows what he’s looking like and how he will do on stage.

There are too many great bodybuilders out there right now that I feel as if Kevin might never win another show for as long as he decides to step on stage. I would love to be wrong, but when you line him up against even some of the newer guys, there seems to be a pretty drastic gap in physiques. Kevin would need to put on a lot of size in order to win a show or even place top five in a show like the New York Pro, Arnold Classic, or Olympia.

Flex on the other hand has the best shot at winning a pro show with his return the way I see it. He had a great physique back when he was competing and you can see that starting to show through again now that he’s been putting in the time back in the gym. The Classic Physique division does not make Flex the runaway winner though. There are some great guys in the Classic Physique lineup that would give Flex a run for his money. Was Flex smart for going into Classic? My gut says yes. While he could come back and would probably look better than Kevin on the actual bodybuilding stage, right now Flex’s physique is geared more towards Classic.

Once and Done?
    Something else many people want to think about is once one or the other wins, will they finally hang up their posing trunks for good or will they keep going? That’s a very good question. I can see Flex doing a few shows and then calling it quits. Lately he has been very sensitive to what people are saying on the internet and I truly believe it’s messing with his head. Back when he competed there was no social media. If someone had something to say, it was to his actual face. We’ve all seen the interviews where he lashed out at fans and haters who dismiss the possibility that he will come back and do anything in the sport and point out all of his lagging body parts as if they, themselves, were the judges. I, on the other hand, can see him potentially winning some shows and then calling it quits somewhere in 2018.

Kevin is a completely different story. There are two scenarios I see with Kevin. The first is, he won’t give up until he wins at least one show. Once he wins a show and proves he still has it, it could be all over for him and back to a normal life he goes. Then, on the flip side, he mentioned in a recent interview that he is looking to launch his Signature Series line of supplements in the United States very soon. Having him on stage could help move product and pull it off shelf. The downside is, if Kevin isn’t placing well in shows and doesn’t look amazing, no one is going to want to use his products. Even if he does look good there will be only a small percentage in my opinion that will use his products. Look at all the other competitors who have lines. None of them are setting the world on fire in the supplement industry.

Only time will tell what each competitor will do moving forward. Who will win first and what their plans may be after a win. Flex I believe has the upper hand in the comparison, but on any given day all competitors can win with ease or be defeated by someone they underestimated. It should be an interesting rest of the second half of the competition season to see what happens when Flex Wheeler finally steps on stage and what exactly Kevin will bring when he figures out his schedule.

2 0

-- Dr Juice

Hardcore To The Motherfu*kin' MAX Hulk! rhynoplanet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dr Juice~ View Post

Flex Wheeler VS Kevin Levrone at the 2017 Olympia?! (article)
    By Matt Weik, August 8, 2017

We are truly in an exciting time in the world of bodybuilding. We have two of the greats back in the gym training for shows. The question arises, between Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone, who will have their comeback win first?

A Tale of Two Greats
    Both Kevin and Flex are no strangers to the competition stage. However, both are trying to do something that no one has ever done beforeócome out of retirement after years of being a spectator and win a pro show. Neither of the two men are spring chickens, so the fact that they want to jump back on stage to see what they have left in the tank is pretty exciting if you ask me.

Last year at the Mr. Olympia contest in Vegas, Kevin didnít place nearly as well as he hoped for. While everyone was excited to see him, placing last wasnít exactly the welcome home party he was looking for, especially after he got a special invite to compete. That being said, he mentioned after the show that he had a leg injury that slowed his progress and severely cut back on his training. He vowed to come back in 2017 and hit the stage again and finish some unsettled business.

As Iím sure some of you have heard, Kevin was thinking about doing the Vancouver Pro. Due to some family matters, he has pulled out of the show and said he would not be competing until after the 2017 Olympia. So, will that allow Flex to come in and win his comeback show before Kevin can even step on stage again?

While the Same, They Are Both Different
    In this fun little debate we are having on this subject, we do need to put some things into perspective. Flex and Kevin were once both competing in bodybuilding, but are now competing in different divisions. Kevin came back to his roots and jumped back into bodybuilding, whereas Flex is training to compete in the Menís Classic Physique division. Are the divisions similar? Not even close.

In order for Kevin to win, in my opinion, he is going to need to do a small show where none of the big names are entering. At the Olympia, while his physique didnít look terrible, he was dwarfed by many of the competitors, and obviously his legs were a lot smaller due to the injury. Being that Kevin has had a good year before he steps on stage following the previous Olympia, who knows what heís looking like and how he will do on stage.

There are too many great bodybuilders out there right now that I feel as if Kevin might never win another show for as long as he decides to step on stage. I would love to be wrong, but when you line him up against even some of the newer guys, there seems to be a pretty drastic gap in physiques. Kevin would need to put on a lot of size in order to win a show or even place top five in a show like the New York Pro, Arnold Classic, or Olympia.

Flex on the other hand has the best shot at winning a pro show with his return the way I see it. He had a great physique back when he was competing and you can see that starting to show through again now that heís been putting in the time back in the gym. The Classic Physique division does not make Flex the runaway winner though. There are some great guys in the Classic Physique lineup that would give Flex a run for his money. Was Flex smart for going into Classic? My gut says yes. While he could come back and would probably look better than Kevin on the actual bodybuilding stage, right now Flexís physique is geared more towards Classic.

Once and Done?
    Something else many people want to think about is once one or the other wins, will they finally hang up their posing trunks for good or will they keep going? Thatís a very good question. I can see Flex doing a few shows and then calling it quits. Lately he has been very sensitive to what people are saying on the internet and I truly believe itís messing with his head. Back when he competed there was no social media. If someone had something to say, it was to his actual face. Weíve all seen the interviews where he lashed out at fans and haters who dismiss the possibility that he will come back and do anything in the sport and point out all of his lagging body parts as if they, themselves, were the judges. I, on the other hand, can see him potentially winning some shows and then calling it quits somewhere in 2018.

Kevin is a completely different story. There are two scenarios I see with Kevin. The first is, he wonít give up until he wins at least one show. Once he wins a show and proves he still has it, it could be all over for him and back to a normal life he goes. Then, on the flip side, he mentioned in a recent interview that he is looking to launch his Signature Series line of supplements in the United States very soon. Having him on stage could help move product and pull it off shelf. The downside is, if Kevin isnít placing well in shows and doesnít look amazing, no one is going to want to use his products. Even if he does look good there will be only a small percentage in my opinion that will use his products. Look at all the other competitors who have lines. None of them are setting the world on fire in the supplement industry.

Only time will tell what each competitor will do moving forward. Who will win first and what their plans may be after a win. Flex I believe has the upper hand in the comparison, but on any given day all competitors can win with ease or be defeated by someone they underestimated. It should be an interesting rest of the second half of the competition season to see what happens when Flex Wheeler finally steps on stage and what exactly Kevin will bring when he figures out his schedule.

Great point of view, thanks for sharing. I personally think Flex has the better chance and probably because he chose the Classic Physique category. Hopefully he is able to get his body back to previous condition and size, that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0 0

ISYMFS. Be strong and CONQUER all. Old man strength.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Kevin coming back last year got me pumped up. Gave me the feeling that even though I'm older, and only decided to start training again when I was older, that I have a chance to actually get some size. For a while as I kept getting injured at work, or had unrelated health issues I thought I might give up on training, but then this old dude just goes for it. You know he didn't compare to the best, but you have him walk into a normal gym with normal people and he would have looked wicked. Gave me motivation to knuckle down and not give up.
    2 0

Any monkey can lift weights, it's the eating part that's hard.

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Didnt Levrone pull out of the O?
    0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Is The 212 Olympia Flex Lewis' To Lose? (article)
    By Matt Weik, August 10th, 2017

After an amazing five 212 Olympia wins in a row, Flex Lewis seems to be lining up all of the competitors like bowling pins, and then knocking them all down. Going into the 2017 Olympia, it’s hard to see anyone knocking the reigning champ off his pedestal. That’s not to discount the other competitors, it’s just a fact that Flex has a physique that over recent years cannot be beaten.

If Flex comes into the Olympia on point, will he win?
    Absolutely. I think even if Flex is just a couple points off that he can still secure the win. When it comes to competition, Ahmad Ashkanani is in my mind his only true threat potentially. Sure, you have guys like David Henry and some others who always bring an amazing package, but when it comes to size, structure, and conditioning, Flex seems to have all of their numbers.

Ashkanani, coming off an impressive win at the Arnold Classic in Columbus could have a real shot depending on how he looks on stage and depending on if Flex can hit his mark or not. In terms of size, I would still say that Flex has the upper hand. Flex is a little taller than Ashkanani and in my opinion, has better structure. Flex’s legs are better than Ashkanani, his arms are bigger than Ashkanani, and his overall presence is bigger than Ashkanani. There a lot of holes and gaps that need to be filled and plugged before even Ashkanani can take the title from Flex.

When you look at Flex on stage without knowing his height or weight, you would imagine he would be in the open division. He has huge legs, insane calves, bouldering delts, and the best arms in the entire 212 division. While Flex is no Jose Raymond in the vascularity department, he has a sharp and detailed physique that I think many admire on stage.

An area where Flex is vulnerable, though, would be his back. When you look at the rear lat spread of Ashkanani versus Flex, it’s night and day different. Ashkanani has one of the most insane backs in all of the 212 class. Flex might have more definition in his back, but Ashkanani has way more mass and width from the back. Even on certain shots from the front you can see a noticeable difference in the lats when you compare the two.

It would be great to see Flex do more in the industry though. I feel as if after shows he disappears and maybe shows up at a few expos. He’s a funny dude and is always making people laugh and I feel as if that’s more of what we need in the sport. I would be great to see him doing some videos, interviews, etc.

Top 5 will be interesting as always
    Well, if you’ve made it this far, you already know I have Flex winning and Ashkanani coming in second. That leaves three more spots to round out the top five. So here goes…

In third place, this year I see Jose once again securing this placing. Jose always comes into the Olympia looking great, super vascular, tons of muscle, and should once again look great on stage. The Boston Mass didn’t get his name from being a tiny guy. He’ll make his fans back home and across the globe proud again this year.

In fourth place, I am going to go with David Henry. In my opinion, David has one of the best physiques on the 212 stage, but due to not having the quality muscle that guys like Flex and Ashkanani have, he seems to get overlooked. However, when you look at his physique, he has a crazy upper body with an incredibly tiny waist, and his shape is pleasing to the eye. He’s not some super vascular kind of competitor with mounds of muscle, but that’s also not to say he’s “small” by any stretch of the imagination. With David’s tiny waist, it accentuates the musculature of his upper body and really brings out his lats. And while he doesn’t have the biggest legs on stage, they are always separated with deep lines.

To round out the top five, I have last year’s 4th place winner, Eduardo Correa sliding backwards into 5th. Want to know why? I honestly haven’t got a clue. Eduardo has a great physique, I just feel that David Henry has a better one. David doesn’t have the total package, but I also don’t feel like Eduardo does either. Being that it’s my opinion that David is always overlooked, it’s for that reason that I feel he’s going to make some improvements in the off-season and come into the Olympia and bump Correa into 5th. I like the flow of David’s physique more than Correa. But, at the end of the day, my prediction of David and Correa’s placings could easily be flip-flopped.

How do you see the 212 playing out? Do you agree with my placing predictions or do you feel I’m way off?
    0 0

-- Dr Juice

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Both Kevin and Flex won't every win a show.

Flex has kidney problems, so he won't come in sharp.

Flex Lewis is another story, he can pull it off again.
    0 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by St View Post
    Both Kevin and Flex won't every win a show.

Flex has kidney problems, so he won't come in sharp.

Flex Lewis is another story, he can pull it off again.
    Levrone isnt competing, wheeler will only, by is own words in the past, "defecate in his legacy".

The guy had one of the best physiques of all time in the early 90s, then destroyed himself with synthol abuse. His arms are completely deformed, he will be another laughing stock just like levrone's legs...

If it were me i would prefer to be remembered as a legend in my best shape ever, than being remembered as a washed out version of an old man.
    1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast