Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Have Low Estrogen, low estrogen symptoms, but normal bloods otherwise. What now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanzaa View Post
    Dude thank you so much for your input. you are my knight in shining armor. I had a few on bone health and the one that in the estrogen reference stickied on this subform but those will help me so much. I really appreciate it man. I don't know how to thank you properly, but thank you very much.
    No worries bro. Keep us posted and let us know what the doctor says.
    0 0

Reply With Quote   Send PM  

Roid Rager
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Update

Had Two more bloodtests done. Both times the doctor only ordered Estradoil. One came back at <30pmol/L again and the last one came back at 68pmol/L.

So in total I had four blood tests done over 8 weeks, three came back at <30pmol/L and the last one was 68pmol/L. No testosterone or any other labs to compare

The doctor said I'm fine, and that everything is in my head. He wants to prescribe me Wellbutrin and set me up with a psychiatrist. He's really pushing the mental health thing, I'm not sure its the primary reason but ill play along. I'm not interested in anti-depressants and if my body is actually working normally then TRT is probably not the solution. At this point I'm not sure what direction to go in. May visit a naturopath to further diagnose the cause.
    Last edited by Kwanzaa; 09-28-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    0 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanzaa View Post
    Update

Had Two more bloodtests done. Both times the doctor only ordered Estradoil. One came back at <30pmol/L again and the last one came back at 68pmol/L.

So in total I had four blood tests done over 8 weeks, three came back at <30pmol/L and the last one was 68pmol/L. No testosterone or any other labs to compare

The doctor said I'm fine, and that everything is in my head. He wants to prescribe me Wellbutrin and set me up with a psychiatrist. He's really pushing the mental health thing, I'm not sure its the primary reason but ill play along. I'm not interested in anti-depressants and if my body is actually working normally then TRT is probably not the solution. At this point I'm not sure what direction to go in. May visit a naturopath to further diagnose the cause.
    Your doctor is a fucking moron. Sorry I've taken so long to reply I'm currently overwhelmed with midterm exams and I've been holed up studying like crazy.
    I did some research during my study break on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Aromatase (The enzyme that converts Testosterone to Estrogen)

Here are the links. Please read them thoroughly and switch doctors.

http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R01-ES008258-06 (Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Aromatase)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28578073 (Identification of endocrine disrupting chemicals acting on human aromatase)

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help and provide more sources as I didn't have much time. I'll keep checking the forum sporadically over the next several days and will check daily once midterms are over with.
    1 0

Hardcore Motherfu*kin' Hulk Mnemonic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Seriously, get the fuck away from that doctor and don't take Wellbutrin.
    When a doctor says it's in your head and pushes you to a psychiatrist, it means he'/she doesn't have enough knowledge to solve the problem.

Anti-depressants are last resorts for people with a real psychological problem.
    2 0

Raging Lunatic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic View Post
    When a doctor says it's in your head and pushes you to a psychiatrist, it means he'/she doesn't have enough knowledge to solve the problem.

Couldn't agree more. 1st endocrinologist was an old fart who was out of touch with current research and data. He wanted me on a multitude of pills. New endocrinologist knows his stuff inside and out and 100% disagrees with the older "more experienced" endocrinologist.
    1 0

Roid Rager
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Ill Preface this by saying yes I agree with both of you that my doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. He admits that he doesn't know what hes talking about when it comes to hormones, and I don't think hes serious about learning why he is wrong because he didn't read the info Sherlock provided and info I researched 10 days after I sent it and made a follow up appointment. I will be searching for a new doctor. I will continue to see this doctor a few more times because he actually takes the time to speak to me. last week he took 1.5 hours out of his day to talk to me and pushed back like 8 of his clients, and this week we'eve set aside another 1.5 hours to continue our discussion. He has spoken to two endo's and a urologist all advising him I'm wrong (all saying estrogen below range is ok..), but he is taking the time to discuss these issues with me so there is still the possibility of getting him to see the significance in my issues. if nothing else he may be a decent doctor for other issues in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock425 View Post
    Your doctor is a fucking moron. Sorry I've taken so long to reply I'm currently overwhelmed with midterm exams and I've been holed up studying like crazy.
    I did some research during my study break on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Aromatase (The enzyme that converts Testosterone to Estrogen)

Here are the links. Please read them thoroughly and switch doctors.

http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R01-ES008258-06 (Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Aromatase)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28578073 (Identification of endocrine disrupting chemicals acting on human aromatase)

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help and provide more sources as I didn't have much time. I'll keep checking the forum sporadically over the next several days and will check daily once midterms are over with.
    Dude thank you for all your contributions and taking the time out of your own schedule, I really appreciate them. I have a study that shows a chemical I used (Phthalic acid) is an endocrine disruptor that specifically alters a gene that is linked to the aromatase gene CYP3A

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/mend.14.3.0424

the only thing that's deterred me from going full steam ahead is that I did have the one test come back in range, and I purposely went and had it done when I was feeling "ok", but I spend most of my time feeling like crap. So its still not 100% clear what causes me the have low estrogen or normal estrogen. I'm suspecting I might have an over active liver because that study i linked has something about the P450 gene which has something to do with the liver. I'm gonna press for getting genetic testing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic View Post

Thanks for your concerns. I have been doing a lot of research on Wellbutrin and I am staying away from that shit. SSRI's are scary, and Wellbutrin appears to be the least side effect heavy one. The way doctors prescribe SSRI's is throw shit on a wall and hope it sticks. i have had 4 different doctors try to prescribe me 4 different SSRI's. each one had terrible side effects and who knows how its effecting the brain.

Basically what I've read is that they all re wire your brain and have a host of other side effects that are worse then depression. Ive been reading a lot of "success" stories of Wellbutrin and everyone is reporting one to three side effects, the most common are Insomnia, very heightened anxiety, bloating and appatite loss. But they all say "Atleast I'm not crying myself to sleep anymore". I am not a person who cries myself to sleep. I am not on the same level of depression as these other people, i will stay the hell away from those pills. plus when you come off them its not like your suddenly fine, the hormonal issues will still exist.

Ill be looking for another doctor, maybe a naturopath
    Last edited by Kwanzaa; 10-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    1 0

Roid Rager
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Update:

Saw the doctor again. I convinced him that Anti-depressants aren't the right course of action and he is open to exploring this low estrogen thing.

The studies I referenced to him essentially say that the chemicals I was exposed to mimic estrogen, and the estrogen receptors where bombarded with estrogen and so the "Doorways" in the estrogen receptors closed and have not recovered and now the estrogen remains low.

So at this point the doctor is not convinced that going the straight TRT route is appropriate since there is a mechanical effect going on there. I am in agreement with him in that, and would like to explore some ways to maybe re activate the estrogen receptors. There is no bloodtest or anything the doctor can order to check this stuff. The doctor has contacted another doctor/researcher who researches this stuff and is seeing what their thoughts are on this. If they are curious I will be refered to that doctor

So ill wait for a response on that and then try find out what the next step is.
    0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12