Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mental Health Sub Forum?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by king56 View Post
    Kind of on the fence and im trying really hard not to come across horribly here....

Mental health is a serious issue, one that has an unfair stigma to it, and too many suffer in silence. We should support any me,ever going through this, and if they are reaching out for help, as a community should receive our support.

With this being said, not convinced a bodybuilding forum is the place to get proper support or help. There are mental health and support sites that wouldn't have alpha males and under qualified people offering input to people struggling with health issues.

People come to CJM for advice on training, supplements, nutrition, and competition. It is a hardcore bodybuilding board....which is what many love about it. My concern would be if people genuinely needed help, a hardcore bodybuilding forum may not be ideal. I could see it turning into a shit show of poor advice, drama, and a mix of insensitive jerks telling people to harden up vs people treating the board like their personally shrink on a daily basis.

Even as I type this I realize I am coming across poorly, that's not my intention, nor is it my intention to downplay the importance of mental health
    That makes sense... I really canít argue with the logic behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0 0

Reply With Quote   Mental Health Sub Forum? Send PM  

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Kind of on the fence and im trying really hard not to come across horribly here....

Mental health is a serious issue, one that has an unfair stigma to it, and too many suffer in silence. We should support any me,ever going through this, and if they are reaching out for help, as a community should receive our support.

With this being said, not convinced a bodybuilding forum is the place to get proper support or help. There are mental health and support sites that wouldn't have alpha males and under qualified people offering input to people struggling with health issues.

People come to CJM for advice on training, supplements, nutrition, and competition. It is a hardcore bodybuilding board....which is what many love about it. My concern would be if people genuinely needed help, a hardcore bodybuilding forum may not be ideal. I could see it turning into a shit show of poor advice, drama, and a mix of insensitive jerks telling people to harden up vs people treating the board like their personally shrink on a daily basis.

Even as I type this I realize I am coming across poorly, that's not my intention, nor is it my intention to downplay the importance of mental health
    It's not coming across poorly... Not even a LITTLE bit dude... AT all...

*I* suffer from depression, and it can be hard AF some days... I struggle... BUT you're ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. This IS a forum for hardcore diet, training, and well... at the risk of going against the grain and sounding quasi 'misogynistic' 'MANS' shit... TOUGHNESS etc... so it would and does seem like a bit of an odd fit.

I would benefit from sharing with the certain few that also have an issue with it... but fair enough... perhaps the issue isn't rampant enough to warrant it's own discussion forum, and a thread in 'Off Topic' would suffice...
    0 0

Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. -Henry Rollins.

Gamma Radiation Affected Pickle's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Well said man.

You didn't come across poorly at all. Solid logic and I agree with you.

0 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Nah....that was bang on

1 0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    Would there be any interest in having a forum dedicated to talking about mental health? We discuss a lot of aspects of health on here already and sometimes we over look the mental. Especially, when on cycle its nice to know how you're feeling sometimes is normal.

There are probably some other people on here besides myself who suffer from anxiety and depression. Might be a good place to talk to about ways to deal with issues and talk about what's meds worked for you and what didn't.

Just a thought!

Great idea. There is one at CanM and it helps.
    0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12