Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Double eccentric reps on calves

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Double eccentric reps on calves 
    Raging Lunatic Synyster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    160
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Why does everyone always feel the need to do this?

    Why with calves and not any other muscle group do you ever really see it done?

    Very odd to me.

    Cutler did it on all his calf work and his dvds were super popular so maybe it spread from there. But Cutler also does extra stretch before each rowing rep for back too...and that didnt catch on at all.

    He still does ALL of thid if u watch him to this day. The double pumping the calves and extra sttetching the rows before each rep. Once youve done it a million times...its not likely to change.
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Double eccentric reps on calves Send PM  
     

  2. #2  
    Hard As They Come Hulk
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    561
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    175
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    What is a double eccentric?
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Moderator muscle_n_blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Land of Snow
    Posts
    7,735
    Likes (Given)
    173
    Likes (Received)
    1445
    Dislikes (Given)
    2
    Dislikes (Received)
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    Why does everyone always feel the need to do this?

    Why with calves and not any other muscle group do you ever really see it done?

    Very odd to me.

    Cutler did it on all his calf work and his dvds were super popular so maybe it spread from there. But Cutler also does extra stretch before each rowing rep for back too...and that didnt catch on at all.

    He still does ALL of thid if u watch him to this day. The double pumping the calves and extra sttetching the rows before each rep. Once youve done it a million times...its not likely to change.
    I don't know why you seem to think "everyone" is doing it. They are not. I like the feel of double pumping calves, and I have periodically done so (not all the time) since before Jay was born. I have also done this with biceps, especially on progressive resistance machines like Nautilus; pushing a few peak contractions then going back to full stretch for a few reps, which is just a variation of the old 21's. If you do this bodybuilding thing for long enough, you will try a myriad of techniques. Some you will abandon in short order. Some you will like, and return to because they give results, especially when experiencing a plateau. I suspect Jay does what he does because it works for him. Seems hard to argue with that. I've tried a lot of stuff over the years. Some of it was stupid, but a lot of it not. I started training with weights in 1968. 50 years ago. I trained shoulders and arms this morning. I try to remain open minded about learning new things.
    0 0
     
     
    There is no substitute for experience
    Reply With Quote   Double eccentric reps on calves Send PM  
     

  4. #4  
    Hard As They Come Hulk Jdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    507
    Likes (Given)
    918
    Likes (Received)
    253
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremely Anabolic View Post
    What is a double eccentric?
    I would like to know as well
    I tried googling it but couldnít find it
    0 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Double eccentric reps on calves Send PM  
     

  5. #5  
    Raging Lunatic Synyster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    160
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdave View Post
    I would like to know as well
    I tried googling it but couldn’t find it
    YouTube

    This shows cutler doing double eccentric on calf press and sested calf raise.
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Double eccentric reps on calves Send PM  
     

  6. #6  
    Raging Lunatic Synyster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    160
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_n_blood View Post
    I don't know why you seem to think "everyone" is doing it. They are not. I like the feel of double pumping calves, and I have periodically done so (not all the time) since before Jay was born. I have also done this with biceps, especially on progressive resistance machines like Nautilus; pushing a few peak contractions then going back to full stretch for a few reps, which is just a variation of the old 21's. If you do this bodybuilding thing for long enough, you will try a myriad of techniques. Some you will abandon in short order. Some you will like, and return to because they give results, especially when experiencing a plateau. I suspect Jay does what he does because it works for him. Seems hard to argue with that. I've tried a lot of stuff over the years. Some of it was stupid, but a lot of it not. I started training with weights in 1968. 50 years ago. I trained shoulders and arms this morning. I try to remain open minded about learning new things.
    Not sure how much u watch pro bb'ers train but yes the vast majority that insee training calves do a double eccentric
    YouTube
    YouTube

    Theres a couple guys doing it right there. But u do see it often with pros.
    1 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote   Double eccentric reps on calves Send PM  
     

  7. #7  
    Hard As They Come Hulk
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    561
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    175
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Thanks Iíll take a look.

    Edit: just watched. Thanks. Who doesnít want bigger calves?? Lol
    Last edited by Xtremely Anabolic; 05-16-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    0 0
     
     
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Berserker
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    great white north
    Posts
    307
    Likes (Given)
    110
    Likes (Received)
    66
    Dislikes (Given)
    5
    Dislikes (Received)
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremely Anabolic View Post
    Thanks I’ll take a look.

    Edit: just watched. Thanks. Who doesn’t want bigger calves?? Lol

    and forearms
    0 0
     
     
    Its Ripping Time
    Reply With Quote   Double eccentric reps on calves Send PM  
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •