What's new

2 weeks in swollen legs?

Thread starter #1

Spartin77

Registered
Hey all,

I'm he;ping my buddie with his TRT and he's a bit stubborn anyway I have him on this protocol.

.3ml 75mg Test E every 3.5 days (UGL)
250 HCG X2/W

Told me this am he feels a bit swollen. I asked him if his socks fit fine and they do! Has anyone exp slight edema with Test? if yes does it pass? Besinds this he feels fine.

Yes, but much more than "slight". First left quad injection left me with edema for days. Quad/knee ballooned up like crazy. The worst swelling I've ever had. Even more than my ACL tear. Couldn't bend my knee at all. Eventually it worked its way into my lower leg and settled as pitting edema. I went to the hospital worried something went terribly wrong. Turns out it was (probably) nothing. Edema took about a week to fully subside.

Who knows what caused it... Some sort of "virgin" injection reaction. Every time I pin my left side it swells up a bit, but less and less every time. My right swelled a tiny bit the first couple of times, but not at all anymore.

Last edited:
Thread starter #5

Spartin77

Registered
Yes, but much more than "slight". First left quad injection left me with edema for days. Quad/knee ballooned up like crazy. The worst swelling I've ever had. Even more than my ACL tear. Couldn't bend my knee at all. Eventually it worked its way into my lower leg and settled as pitting edema. I went to the hospital worried something went terribly wrong. Turns out it was (probably) nothing. Edema took about a week to fully subside.

Who knows what caused it... Some sort of "virgin" injection reaction. Every time I pin my left side it swells up a bit, but less and less every time. My right swelled a tiny bit the first couple of times, but not at all anymore.

Shoulder pins for TRT. Well see

Riplec

Registered
I had a bunch of edema with my bicep infection, which I talked a lot with the doctor, he said if it wasn't for the abcess I had the edema woulda left by itself

superbeast

Registered
Easier said than done. Not many docs will prescribe TRT in Canada. I was told by 3 doctors that it isn't a thing in Canada, and I'd never find a Canadian MD who would do it. Straight up lies, but it isn't easy to find one who will.
Need to find a new doctor. Mine prescribed me while i was self dosing with UGL. Blood test showed mid 20’s. It actually is a thing in Canada.

Sorbate

Registered
Need to find a new doctor. Mine prescribed me while i was self dosing with UGL. Blood test showed mid 20’s. It actually is a thing in Canada.
Yeah, all my buds who run gear are now on trt. I’m not on doc trt yet because I need to find a doctor first, lol.

LesPaul

Registered
Easier said than done. Not many docs will prescribe TRT in Canada. I was told by 3 doctors that it isn't a thing in Canada, and I'd never find a Canadian MD who would do it. Straight up lies, but it isn't easy to find one who will.
I do understand. I was in the same boat with my GP. But I didn't take no for a answer. I called all TRT clinics directly in my area and told them my doc would not refer and I got in the first one I called with no referral.

For those who wish to start a true TRT protocol, I would start with no higher than 100mg/wk and work your way up and down from there based on bloodwork.

More is not better from a long term standpoint. If I knew this back when I started TRT years ago, I would have been "dialed in" much much faster. Keep in mind that the HCG will also cause some testosterone to be produced endogenously which will further increase your T level.

Also is he using an AI? The HCG can cause a lot of aromatization, especially with a higher than average TRT dose. High E2 levels can cause a lot of water weight gain, blood work can confirm.

Thread starter #14

Spartin77

Registered
For those who wish to start a true TRT protocol, I would start with no higher than 100mg/wk and work your way up and down from there based on bloodwork.

More is not better from a long term standpoint. If I knew this back when I started TRT years ago, I would have been "dialed in" much much faster. Keep in mind that the HCG will also cause some testosterone to be produced endogenously which will further increase your T level.

Also is he using an AI? The HCG can cause a lot of aromatization, especially with a higher than average TRT dose. High E2 levels can cause a lot of water weight gain, blood work can confirm.

Very true 80-100mg is a great and safe place. May I direct you to "Stubborn" !

Last edited:

Rubicon500

Registered
You must be back east ?? BC is like US right now and handing TRT scripts out like crazy. Anti aging clinics popping up everywhere , naturpaths are all prescribing TRT , and I know guys that got script through a doctor at the walk in medical.

You must be back east ?? BC is like US right now and handing TRT scripts out like crazy. Anti aging clinics popping up everywhere , naturpaths are all prescribing TRT , and I know guys that got script through a doctor at the walk in medical.
Ottawa. The only two anti-aging clinics I knew of closed up. There are TRT docs here, but you need a referral from your GP. Some GPs won't refer because they don't see it as medically necessary.

It's doable. It just takes more effort than you might expect.

Rubicon500

Registered
Pretty sure BC and Ontario are still working together in a sense that you can live in Ontario and use a anti aging doctor here. My bro lives in Calgary and uses Clinic here for his TRT etc. Doctor emails blood req , Does his blood , gets emailed results , has phone call consult and docotor emails pharmacy the script. Simple as can be

Just another option I’m sure there clinic’s closer , all they care about is the blood work. Doctors don’t need to see you face to face to prescribe something

Pretty sure BC and Ontario are still working together in a sense that you can live in Ontario and use a anti aging doctor here. My bro lives in Calgary and uses Clinic here for his TRT etc. Doctor emails blood req , Does his blood , gets emailed results , has phone call consult and docotor emails pharmacy the script. Simple as can be

Just another option I’m sure there clinic’s closer , all they care about is the blood work. Doctors don’t need to see you face to face to prescribe something
Interesting... This warrants further investigation. (y)

BC

Administrator

Always enjoy your reading your posts, @fmrdh. Thanks for your continued contributions :)