2015 Muscle Beach Fall Classic, Oct. 10th

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
What - Muscle Beach Fall Classic
When - October 10th, 2015
Where - Winspear Theatre, Edmonton, Alberta
Guest Poser - IFBB Pro Dexter Jackson
Website - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Muscle-Beach-Edmonton/264418190276816 (only website I can find)

Post any info related to this show in this thread. Any CJM'ers competing? Any CJM'ers going to attend? Any CJM'ers involved in the show?

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
Gah - I probably shouldn't, but I'll be there

Probably do men's physique for fun, as well as bodybuilding of course

Then it's time for a real offseason...we still racing to 250 zues?

If you re remotely legit as a bodybuilder you wont even get looked at in physique.... not to say you shouldnt, just at the provincial and even national level canadian physique has alot of catching up to do to be at the true ifbb level. 90% of these kids barely diet, have abs , and look like the kids from twilight . Yet somehow place well.

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
If you re remotely legit as a bodybuilder you wont even get looked at in physique.... not to say you shouldnt, just at the provincial and even national level canadian physique has alot of catching up to do to be at the true ifbb level. 90% of these kids barely diet, have abs , and look like the kids from twilight . Yet somehow place well.
Lol. Honestly I'd only be doing it for a cheap ticket to watch my sister and some other friends compete at the evening show (in bikini) but consider this:

A month or two ago, at a state-level NPC show (yes, NPC not ABBA, but bear with me...)

42-43 year old contestant, approximately 5'11 / 235lbs...results:
-1st place master's heavyweight
-master's overall (1st)
-1st place open superheavyweight
-2nd open overall (lost to the heavyweight, I believe)
-1st place men's physique tall
-men's physique overall

40-something bro almost swept the entire show, only lost open BB overall to (who knows, but probably) a 28-35yr old heavyweight...physique criteria? Hah.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
The last show I watched the most ripped award went to the overall winner of men's physique....guy was shredded but didn't smile once all weekend and def did not have the classic physique look yet they awarded him both titles. What message does that send the rest of the physique competitors? Judging(as usual) needs to get a lot clearer in the desired attributes if the classes and a lot more consistent with their judging.