What's new

2016 NLABBA Natural Classic Show

siven_x

Super Heavyweight
Probably not the best forum for this thread but fuck it, she looks like she could use a few more threads! If it's an inappropriate post, please remove it.

I'll be competing in the show this Saturday. I'll post a couple of pics afterwards. Hopefully get some thoughts and critiques, things to work on in the off season etc. Gonna be a small show but I'm still fucking pumped. Come on wit it! Gimme those carbs!

13177571_10156872012000506_1987320175404039446_n.jpg

siven_x

Super Heavyweight
Took 2nd in the Lightweights. Was disappointed in my placing the day of the show but happier with the overall package I brought to the stage. It was my second show (1st was this past November) and I was much more comfortable on stage posing and my routine was at least 200% better. After getting the official stage shots back, I'm a little less disappointed. It was much closer than I thought it was on the day of. This was a relatively small show and there was only one other Lightweight competitor. He was a lot leaner with better legs. I had him in the arms and the chest and tough to call in the back. Live and learn I guess....crush legs this off-season and get my conditioning on point for next year. Don't leave it to the judges.

If you guys wanna offer thoughts, suggestions and ideas I would really appreciate any pointers. I also included a few shots from my first show for a comparison.

MAY 2016
May 2.jpg
May 3.jpg
May 4.jpg
May 5.jpg
May 8.jpg

siven_x

Super Heavyweight
And November 2015 for comparison. My spray tan for the compulsory round was shit. Got the good stuff for the evening, that's why I'm pulling a Michael Jackson in some of these pics.

Nov 1.jpg
Nov 2.jpg
Nov 3.jpg
Nov 4.jpg
Nov 5.jpg

Zuespas

Seasoned VET
Good job man. It takes a fair amount of courage and determination to get there and do well.

I have to ask though, this was a natural event. Did you go into it without gear?

siven_x

Super Heavyweight
Good job man. It takes a fair amount of courage and determination to get there and do well.

I have to ask though, this was a natural event. Did you go into it without gear?
Yeah man, never done anything in my life. I've been tempted (particularly after a breakup about 2-ish years ago) and even went so far as to try and find a local supplier (no luck) and then actually bought some online (not the best move, I know).

Did some more homework and realized I really wasn't doing everything correctly (diet, really pushing myself in some of my workouts...legs being one and still is a little bit). I still have that gear I bought online in a drawer in my room at home. Probably a waste of money now but I realized I wanted to see just how far I could get by myself first. I'm a bit older than most doing my first show (early 30's but I was a really late bloomer physically) and who knows, I may try to get some gear in the future and see what I can do with some extra test but for now I'm really just interested in seeing what pushing hard and a proper diet can get me.

Newf

Super Heavyweight
gj, I dont see much more you can do without adding size. Being natural its not always the easiest thing to do. I didn't even know about this show, the only one Ive ever heard about was the one in the fall of the year. I aways say im gonna have to take a drive in one of these days but last and only one I saw was in 2004 lol.

siven_x

Super Heavyweight
Thanks for the thoughts guys...my conditioning for the second show wasn't as good. Tried to keep some extra carbs all the way through the dieting phase and I didn't get as lean as I was the first show. That hurt me. Legs and lower lats have to come up. Got some good tips for hitting the lats better when rowing and legs is just a matter of hitting them more often and harder than I was before.