What's new

2018 NFL Season...

eazy57

Super Heavyweight
So I didn't see anything here about the NFL. (I can hardly believe that!)

So who you got? This year my usually putrid Dolphins are miraculously leading the division after the 1st 2 weeks. Even ESPN had them dead last in their preseason rakings.

The Chiefs are surprising. The Bears too.

Could this be the beginning of the decline for Brady and the Patriots? WTF is happening with the Steelers? Man the Seahawks looked like hot garbage last night.

Every season is a crap shoot with a few stalwarts near the top... and bottom.

Some interesting story lines entering week 3.

Well, first off my team is the Cowboys so they will win it all! LOL Now that I got that out of the way, I find this year is wild so far. Pats time is coming to an end, it has to be, Brady and Belichek can only be on top for so long. Steelers are unravelling at the seams in a hurry. I thought Deshaun Watson would be back with a vengeance but obviously his injury is still not fully healed.

Glad to see the Eagles are completely different and have lost their offence.

Hard to pick two teams right now, too early. Maybe Rams and KC? But I still wouldn't count Steelers, Pats, and Atlanta out yet. Biggest surprise, although I was saying it before the season is the Jaguars.

eazy57

Super Heavyweight
I want my Rams to win, its been almost 20 years.:)
They're certainly the top feel good story of the year outside of KC. They made some great offseason moves. Suh was a beast for Miami. But we still didn't make the playoffs with him or Landry on the team. I would argue our d-line as whole got better letting him go and rebuilding it.

eazy57

Super Heavyweight
I like vikings raiders n ravens but nothin impressive so far they did a nice comeback against packers
I'm curious to watch these 2 teams this year. Cousins to the Viking is intruiging. I hope it's not one of these stories where a journeyman QB finally gets his payday and flames out. Like Fitzpatrick.

As for the Raiders.. it's all about Gruden and his legacy. It's going to take a few years. Losing Mack will be huge.They play my Dolphins this week. Should be fun. The Dolphins aren't good enough to ever predict a win. They beat teams they should lose to and lose to teams they should beat. Then, they beat themselves.

muscle_n_blood

Super Heavyweight
I like football and watch it some, but I don't get wound up cheering for any particular team. I usually have a preference in any game I watch, but it dawned on me... I am not playing. I cannot affect the outcome. So, I don't get bothered much if the team of my preference loses.
Add to that the drama surrounding the NFL... protests, drugs, domestic violence.... these kinds of things are distractions from the sport.

Oldguyjiujitsu

Super Heavyweight
I do find I am watching more College football this year than NFL. The top 10 games are very engaging. Notre Dame and Stanford play next week. Will be great.