What's new

2020 New York Pro - In Tampa

onthelake

Rookie
Anybody else excited for the New York Pro tommorrow ? A pretty solid lineup with 3 Canadians competing in men’s open !

a big fan here , I follow a lot of the Canadian Ifbb competitors, any predictions?

I’m hoping Iain can win and punch his ticket to the Olympia while getting some redemption for a disappointing showing at the Tampa Pro

1599277567352.jpeg

BC

Administrator
If Iain can load properly coming into the show he has a very high chance at landing in the top 3. Patrick (ptuor on IG) blew his carb/fat load last time and Iain came in flat as pancake in the morning show which ultimately landed him in 2nd place behind Hunter. Iain, even flat, had far more depth and muscularity than Hunter but Hunter came in full, his posing was crisp, and let's face it, the IFBB loves to see the father-son connection as a marketing ploy.

I don't think Antoine is going to do much damage as his upper body legitimately looks scrawny (comparatively, of course). Antoine has an absolutely vicious set of wheels but they're overpowering next to an underdeveloped upper body and it makes him look like a classic competitor from the waist up. He's the only guy who can be over 260+ lbs. yet somehow look like he's 225. Incredibly odd, but I don't foresee him being a threat unless something drastic happens from now until tomorrow. Maybe a top 6 or 7, but certainly not in contention for a top 3.

I'm really curious to see how Patrick Moore shows up on this one as his physique was really sharp at last year's Olympia. He had a brilliant blend of muscularity and aesthetics and was a total throwback to the early/mid '90s area that was dominated by guys like Flex Wheeler, Milos, Shawn Ray, etc. Which, as far as I'm concerned, was the pinnacle of bodybuilding.

Either way, I'll toss my hat in the ring for Iain and hope he wakes up tomorrow looking like he should.

Last edited:

PacMan

Seasoned VET

onthelake

Rookie
Totally agree especially about Antoine , great legs but otherwise a lot smaller , Im hoping the judges show him some love for his conditioning and he places in the top 6, here’s to hoping anyways !

I will say my one disappointment for this show was Evan Centopani pulling out after the show was moved , was really looking forward to his comeback

If Iain can load properly coming into the show he has a very high chance at landing in the top 3. Patrick (ptuor on IG) blew his carb/fat load last time and Iain came in flat as pancake in the morning show which ultimately landed him in 2nd place behind Hunter. Iain, even flat, had far more depth and muscularity than Hunter but Hunter came in full, his posing was crisp, and let's face it, the IFBB loves to see the father-son connection as a marketing ploy.

I don't think Antoine is going to do much damage as his upper body legitimately looks scrawny (comparatively, of course). Antoine has an absolutely vicious set of wheels but they're overpowering next to an underdeveloped upper body and it makes him look like a classic competitor from the waist up. He's the only guy who can be over 260+ lbs. yet somehow looks like he's 225. Incredibly odd, but I don't foresee him being a threat unless something drastic happens from now until tomorrow. Maybe a top 6 or 7, but certainly not in contention for a top 3.

I'm really curious to see how Patrick Moore shows up on this one as his physique was really sharp at last year's Olympia. He had a brilliant blend of muscularity and aesthetics and was a total throwback to the early/mid '90s area that was dominated by guys like Flex Wheeler, Milos, Shawn Ray, etc. Which, as far as I'm concerned, was the pinnacle of bodybuilding.

Either way, I'll toss my hat in the ring for Iain and hope he wakes up tomorrow looking like he should.

maxmuscle1

Super Heavyweight
Anybody else excited for the New York Pro tommorrow ? A pretty solid lineup with 3 Canadians competing in men’s open !

a big fan here , I follow a lot of the Canadian Ifbb competitors, any predictions?

I’m hoping Iain can win and punch his ticket to the Olympia while getting some redemption for a disappointing showing at the Tampa Pro

View attachment 16958
I have my Papas Friend Competing There in Masters. He is older than my Dad but wishing him Luck!!
Max

66Chevy

Super Moderator
I will say my one disappointment for this show was Evan Centopani pulling out after the show was moved , was really looking forward to his comeback
yes, I was looking forward to that as well. Did he post anything anywhere to address this?

juicey8826

Super Heavyweight
Im so confused I hope they have Ian in 1st and John in 2nd. Hassan looks insane so does Patrick weird call out.

onthelake

Rookie
yes, I was looking forward to that as well. Did he post anything anywhere to address this?
nothing directly from him , he’s pretty quiet on social media , although Nick strength and power did a video a couple days ago saying Evan was looking a week or two out from a show conditioning wise , so maybe there will be a surprise and he’ll show up at the Cali pro

onthelake

Rookie
Im so confused I hope they have Ian in 1st and John in 2nd. Hassan looks insane so does Patrick weird call out.
yeah looks like the top four is iain John delarosa Patrick Moore and Justin rodriguez , even if iain took 2nd to John I think he would get enough points to qualify or the Olympia ? , but I still hope he wins !

juicey8826

Super Heavyweight
yeah looks like the top four is iain John delarosa Patrick Moore and Justin rodriguez , even if iain took 2nd to John I think he would get enough points to qualify or the Olympia ? , but I still hope he wins !
Yeah he will qualify with points but still want him to win over John