What's new

2021 Vancouver Island Showdown

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Haven’t heard of many shows happening yet in BC...but my bud @JohnnyDumpling is prepping a few clients for this show July 17.

Anyone here competing or know someone who is? Apparently they are going to livestream this as there aren’t any spectators. Link is on the site $49.99

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
We have our first show of the season going on this weekend. Thankfully things are still a go. Hope your show gets off smoothly

Cumminstech2

Super Heavyweight
Haven’t heard of many shows happening yet in BC...but my bud @JohnnyDumpling is prepping a few clients for this show July 17.

Anyone here competing or know someone who is? Apparently they are going to livestream this as there aren’t any spectators. Link is on the site $49.99

I do have a friend competing in bikini, been following a lot of athletes coming in and it looks like it’s going to be a very good show

Cumminstech2

Super Heavyweight
Any updates yet @Cumminstech2 ?

Im backstage right now, what you wanna know? The guy who won men’s overall bodybuilding was some absolute genetic freakazoid from Iraq. He was 7x Mr Iraq and came here and didn’t understand any English. He got up on stage to do his routine and just stood there for 30 seconds totally still because he didn’t understand what to do, and he still absolutely annihilated everybody.

It’s been an awesome show!!

PacMan

Seasoned VET
He was super soft, and couldn't pose himself out of a wet paper bag. He got the win from his shape, roundness, and potential moving forward.

The guy was also 7x Iraq World champion BB'er.

The LHW kid was 22 years old, gave him a run in the Overall. IMO the kid should have one because of posing and conditioning.

- PacMan

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
He was super soft, and couldn't pose himself out of a wet paper bag. He got the win from his shape, roundness, and potential moving forward.

The guy was also 7x Iraq World champion BB'er.

The LHW kid was 22 years old, gave him a run in the Overall. IMO the kid should have one because of posing and conditioning.

- PacMan
Hate seeing that. Its just not right imo. The contest side of bb is so much more than just mass. Its about the presentation of what you have to offer. I would be more impressed by a guy with finess and symmetry and aesthetics over a mass monster that clearly hasnt spent any time practicing his posing.
Its a dead give away when you see anyone that has spent hours and hours practicing vs the person that waits till the last minute.

Cumminstech2

Super Heavyweight
The 22 year old LHW kid ended up winning the classic physique overall, but I definitely wouldn’t say that the guy who won the bodybuilding overall was soft. He just didn’t understand English well because hes from Iraq, so he didn’t understand the judges commands when was up for his solo routine.

A9BC9F9D-C01D-4F6E-B945-5ABF9F02FAD0.jpeg

Once he got up for group comparisons and just followed what everyone else was doing, he was able to hit all the poses and really stand out.

The 22 year old kid was impressive as hell, but it’s pretty hard to beat a genetic freak like the Iraq dude.

PacMan

Seasoned VET
The 22 year old LHW kid ended up winning the classic physique overall, but I definitely wouldn’t say that the guy who won the bodybuilding overall was soft. He just didn’t understand English well because hes from Iraq, so he didn’t understand the judges commands when was up for his solo routine.

View attachment 21596

Once he got up for group comparisons and just followed what everyone else was doing, he was able to hit all the poses and really stand out.

The 22 year old kid was impressive as hell, but it’s pretty hard to beat a genetic freak like the Iraq dude.
This was a gym picture from 2 weeks out. Yes, in pictures the guy was freaky as people were sending them to me.

I'm not blind!!! Okay, not soft but very smooth on stage. Because on stage you could not see his condition like in the photos.

I was even on the ferry with the guy on the way home right after the show (2.5 hours after he got off stage), and he was not even close to the pictures.

My buddy was coaching the "kid", and when he saw the same pictures that guy posted on IG he was worried ASF. But show day is 100% different.

- PacMan

Last edited:

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
This was a gym picture from 2 weeks out. Yes, in pictures the guy was freaky as people were sending them to me.

I'm not blind!!! Okay, not soft but very smooth on stage. Because on stage you could not see his condition like in the photos.

I was even on the ferry with the guy on the way home right after the show (2.5 hours after he got off stage), and he was not even close to the pictures.

My buddy was coaching the "kid", and when he saw the same pictures that guy posted on IG he was worried ASF. But show day is 100% different.

- PacMan
As you fully know Pac its all about that one day, not thw weeks ahead or days after. Makes peaking an art and science

PacMan

Seasoned VET
Exactly my point. And like you stated doesn’t matter what you look like 2 weeks out, show day is what counts…

-PacMan

Top Bottom