What's new

22.2 weeks out - Second Show - Figure

Thread starter #1
Sooooooo I'm going into my second show this year. I did the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic last November where I competed in Figure and it was the biggest thrill I have ever felt EVER by stepping on that stage. As a person that suffers from anxieties and extreme stage fright, I almost quit daily just because the thought of the stage made me literally want to vomit BUT that was the goal.. the goal was to overcome this fear and I did it.

Now this show I'm prepping for in September... I want to place TOP 5. I started bodybuilding in July 2013 and have had a few different coaches. I have been put on some extreme cycles where one particularly did cause some sides and one remained after I stopped them right away. My voice changed a bit, it sucks.

My current coach believes in the slow and steady process, healthy and natural. I gotta say it feels pretty great seeing progress without having to take extremes this time, although the process is a lot slower.. I feel so much healthier. I will be looking into some cutters and possibly do Anavar or a small cycle of NPP.

Everyone says I should do Bodybuilding or Physique but I want to give Figure another shot and actually want a placing this time because I now don't have the fear of the stage. My boyfriend has decided to compete in his first show and we're thinking of giving mixed pairs a shot!

Anywho here's a pic of last years transformation - post show I had a lot of stressors and ultimately rebounded. I'm just under 5 foot and stepped on stage at 128lbs.
I got up to 150lbs this offseason and am currently 140lbs in the morning, took about 6 weeks to get to this weight and starting to feel great. I'm hoping to really focus on dialing myself in this year instead of worrying about falling or fainiting lol

Attachments

You have a good build for figure. You will need to be more conditioned for a placing or a win. For prep stick to var, Winny, proviron, no NPP or other compounds that may cause water retention. Also incorporating clen and low dose of t3 will help.

Great transformaton! don't quit figure until you give it a shot with really great conditioning

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
Plenty there to work with. Transformation one is remarkable. You will be much better this time, mentally and body-wise. You have enough time to get lean without going crazy on the fat loss drugs. A little var or winstrol, maybe. See how things are mid summer. Diet is the horse that will get you there.

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
The girls who place well in physique are quite muscular, I would definitely give yourself some more time to master figure and not worry about moving up until it seems like a natural step

Great job and good luck again this time around :)

Sooooooo I'm going into my second show this year. I did the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic last November where I competed in Figure and it was the biggest thrill I have ever felt EVER by stepping on that stage. As a person that suffers from anxieties and extreme stage fright, I almost quit daily just because the thought of the stage made me literally want to vomit BUT that was the goal.. the goal was to overcome this fear and I did it.

Now this show I'm prepping for in September... I want to place TOP 5. I started bodybuilding in July 2013 and have had a few different coaches. I have been put on some extreme cycles where one particularly did cause some sides and one remained after I stopped them right away. My voice changed a bit, it sucks.

My current coach believes in the slow and steady process, healthy and natural. I gotta say it feels pretty great seeing progress without having to take extremes this time, although the process is a lot slower.. I feel so much healthier. I will be looking into some cutters and possibly do Anavar or a small cycle of NPP.

Everyone says I should do Bodybuilding or Physique but I want to give Figure another shot and actually want a placing this time because I now don't have the fear of the stage. My boyfriend has decided to compete in his first show and we're thinking of giving mixed pairs a shot!

Anywho here's a pic of last years transformation - post show I had a lot of stressors and ultimately rebounded. I'm just under 5 foot and stepped on stage at 128lbs.
I got up to 150lbs this offseason and am currently 140lbs in the morning, took about 6 weeks to get to this weight and starting to feel great. I'm hoping to really focus on dialing myself in this year instead of worrying about falling or fainiting lol
I am in the Vancouver area as well, and can think of a couple coaches you may have had. Send me a PM and I can recommend a really good female coach for you.

And to be completely honest with your structure Women's Physique would suit you best...

- PacMan

I am in the Vancouver area as well, and can think of a couple coaches you may have had. Send me a PM and I can recommend a really good female coach for you.

And to be completely honest with your structure Women's Physique would suit you best...

- PacMan
GREAT transformation! Man… I’m sending this thread to my wife to check out for sure! :D

I tend to agree with PacMan... Hit up figure if you want... FOR sure... but your musculature, tie-ins, symmetry etc… are REALLY well suited to woman’s physique and/or bodybuilding… IMO anyway… :)

Thread starter #13
Thank you everyone for being so welcoming and supportive!

I really appreciate everyone's insight and input, having another pair of eyes to gauge another's physique always helps!

My cycle for my prep last year was pretty crazy, I started prep at 19 weeks out and my first coach for that show had me on T3, Clen and NPP. I really really enjoyed NPP, only reason why I suggested it earlier. Due to some personal issues on both our parts, I decided to switch coaches at 8 weeks out and have someone local. They asked me to stop NPP, stay on T3 and clen but also had me start Proviron, Arimidex, Winstrol, Anavar, Nolvadex.. I think that was it. I also mentioned that I had left over peptides from a previous cycle and they suggested I'd take that too. Ipmoralin and HGH-Frag. They also wanted me on some Fat burners, even caffeine or ephiderine but for some reason my body just cannot handle those at all.

So this is why I really appreciate that my current coach likes the less is more approach. She says that the only things she would have me do is Anavar and probably Nolvadex once I get closer to show day and maybe clen.

Somedays it's hard tho I'll admit, I do have a love/hate relationship for gear cause I love the strength gains but I've decided to put my ego aside and not go after PR's every time I train. Now I want to chase the pump and the burn.

Thanks again guys!

Thread starter #14
Here's a comparison to last year's prep to this year. Top pic I was 13 weeks out. Bottom is 23 weeks out from current show.

MM - I'm intrigued with the idea of using NPP for my wife's off season. If I'm not prying too much, would you mind sharing your dose and injection frequency you used with NPP?

Thread starter #18
MM - I'm intrigued with the idea of using NPP for my wife's off season. If I'm not prying too much, would you mind sharing your dose and injection frequency you used with NPP?

Of course! I started off at 60mg/wk, I divided the dose to do 3 times a week at 30mg. I used the 1/2 CC insulin needles cause the dose was so minor but was a pain to draw and primarily injected into my delts and rear delts. I upped the dose to 100mg/wk but was short lived cause my whole cycle changed. I was on NPP for about 8 weeks, and the pump I got was crazy.

Of course! I started off at 60mg/wk, I divided the dose to do 3 times a week at 30mg. I used the 1/2 CC insulin needles cause the dose was so minor but was a pain to draw and primarily injected into my delts and rear delts. I upped the dose to 100mg/wk but was short lived cause my whole cycle changed. I was on NPP for about 8 weeks, and the pump I got was crazy.
Thanks very much