What's new

22 and need trt

Thread starter #1
Unexplainable low-t. Started treatment of 100mg test cyp bi-weekly. I feel like complete and utter crap probably due to biweekly injections but my dr will not listen. Anybody know of any good trt drs in the northern alberta area? Im extremely desperate considering a mild cycle of test cyp 250mg weekly for 8-12 weeks not sure on PCT if theres a point of even running one due to natural levels being low. Also syntex labs any good?

So what are you asking about? If you're on Dr. prescribed trt you should be good to go.
How long have you been running it? What's your diet like? Are you working out?

So - you're on 200mg of Test Cyp per week and you're not feeling ANY better?
I'm on 125mg 1X per week of Test Cyp and I feel like a new man. (everyone is different obviously)

Something just isn't adding up here...
What were your bloods before you started? and what are they now?

So what are you asking about? If you're on Dr. prescribed trt you should be good to go.
How long have you been running it? What's your diet like? Are you working out?

So - you're on 200mg of Test Cyp per week and you're not feeling ANY better?
I'm on 125mg 1X per week of Test Cyp and I feel like a new man. (everyone is different obviously)

Something just isn't adding up here...
What were your bloods before you started? and what are they now?

Bi weekly is every 2 weeks. So he takes 1 shot of 100mg every 2 weeks

Bi weekly is every 2 weeks. So he takes 1 shot of 100mg every 2 weeks
fair.
It's one of those strange words though that mean BOTH.
Depending on who you talk to - bi-weekly could be twice per week OR every two weeks.
I'd be interested to hear what he as to say about it.

Also - doing a blast won't "fix" your levels @Younganddumb1, it'll give you elevated levels for the 8-12 (a little longer as it leaves your system) but then you'll go back to your normal dosage.

Also - are you self-injecting? Do you have an "auto renew" on your script?

Thread starter #5
Sorry for the confusion, im not on anything besides my dr prescribed test which is 100mg bi-weekly test cyp. I started treatment a month ago havent gotten bloods done yet because my dr refuses to order them until 3 months of treatment nor will he give me a copy of my previous bloodwork before treatment. I remember some numbers off the top of my head my total test being 257ng/dl. TSH, FSH,LH where all in "normal ranges". He also tested bioavailable test and said it was just below normal, estrogen he wouldnt even order the bloodwork as its not in his "guidelines" So fed up of feeling like crap and I cant seem to find a TRT dr where I live.

Thread starter #6
No i dont have auto renew script and yes self injecting 100mg every 2 weeks. My script runs out in 3 months time when my dr will order more bloods

Thread starter #7
@asashouryu I lift 4-5 times a week and I have my diet in check... getting lean used to be a breeze and now it seems impossible. Im 6'3 230lbs 20ish% bodyfat lifting since i was 14 years old. Im just looking for advice im honestly lost on what to do

Thread starter #9
Grande prairie Alberta, would I require a referral? Sorry for the nieve questions im very inexperienced with medical stuff.

Here's that list:
Mr. Smith Thread

And no - you don't need a referral.
Just call one/all of them up and ask about becoming a patient. They'll let you know about new patient fees, testing fees etc. up front.
At the end of the day Dr's clinics are businesses and they want to make money - worst case scenario you're out some time.
But call around, go for a few consultations.
Don't lose hope - you'll find someone willing to help!

Thread starter #11
Here's that list:
Mr. Smith Thread

And no - you don't need a referral.
Just call one/all of them up and ask about becoming a patient. They'll let you know about new patient fees, testing fees etc. up front.
At the end of the day Dr's clinics are businesses and they want to make money - worst case scenario you're out some time.
But call around, go for a few consultations.
Don't lose hope - you'll find someone willing to help!
Thanks a lot man appreciate it.

What are your energy levels like in the morning? Hard time getting out of bed? Lots of coffee etc?

Did you get your adrenals checked? AM Cortisol specifically.

Low adrenal output will tank your T level and make your life a living hell.

What are your energy levels like in the morning? Hard time getting out of bed? Lots of coffee etc?

Did you get your adrenals checked? AM Cortisol specifically.

Low adrenal output will tank your T level and make your life a living hell.
This is interesting. How is this tested - I’m assuming blood. Do I simply ask the Doc to check my adrenal output?

I'm sure it's explainable? Try and find the source of Low T like Vet said check adrenals. Not normal for a 23 year old. With that being said i've been on TRT since 21 after a heavy Ment cycle so don't feel bad, once you get your shot dialed in you'll feel like a million bucks. Check the boards for endo's in your area GL my friend.

Thread starter #15
@fmrdh getting out of bed is the hardest part of my day 0 energy in the morning, I have to down 6 cups of coffee before noon to be functional especially with the constant brain fog. I suggested AM cortisol for my dr but he told me at my age it wouldnt be enough to tank my t levels so he didnt even test it, yes i know my dr is an idiot

Thread starter #16
@fmrdh Do you suggest i stop treatment of 100mg biweekly test cyp? Ive only done 2 shots im due for another right away, the shots dont seem to help much the first 2 days i feel decent but right back to shit after the 3rd day. If i stop are my already low t levels going to be suppressed even more? I am searching for a trt doc but id likd to avoid all of this if i could

Last edited:
@fmrdh Do you suggest i stop treatment of 100mg biweekly test cyp? Ive only done 2 shots im due for another right away, the shots dont seem to help much the first 2 days i feel decent but right back to shit after the 3rd day. If i stop are my already low t levels going to be suppressed even more? I am searching for a trt doc but id likd to avoid all of this if i could
Sounds like something else is going on man. Adrenal/thyroidal or otherwise.
As mentioned before more tests etc.
And I might suggest at the very least a new GP. I know how hard it can be to find a doc that will listen but it’s worth it once you do.

Good luck my man!

I suspect there is an underlying adrenal or hypothyroid issue (or both) that will not be resolved without treatment.

You need to get a new doctor or at least get this one to do a complete blood panel to see where your numbers are.