What's new

22M low t looking for advice?

Thread starter #1

R3dman12

Registered
Hey guys, looking for some advice on how to proceed with my situation.

I'm 22 year old male, fairly healthy and lift 4-6 days a week.

I've been feeling like garbage for a while but I could never figure out what's wrong, recently I got my total testosterone checked and it came back at
224ng/DL.

After I got this result I went to my walk it clinic and got some more blood paneling done.

Free test- 311 pmol
TSH 1.88

I called my GP and she said my fee testosterone was in the normal range. Then she told me testosterone isn't and important hormone for men, doesn't effect energy levels and is dangerous to heart health (wtf) then finished the conversation saying there is nothing she can do and to go to a men's clinic.

My concern was that maybe another hormone was too high causing these symptoms , I don't want to get sold trt for life if it's not necessary but it would be great to be able to start feeling somewhat normal.

Symptoms

-no libido
-ed (no morning wood either)
-low energy, no matter how much I sleep by 2pm I'm exhausted
-brain fog
-reduced cognitive ability
-memory loss
-no drive or I lose motivation quick
-emotional and irratble
-gyno , nipples get itchy and sensitive often
- can't retain muscle if, I take a break from the gym for a week or so I lose a considerable about of size. According to my measurements
-very difficult to lose fat, even if in a deficit while following macros I still end up skinny fat.
-anxious
-depression

Any advice on who to see or what to do from here would really be appreciated, I'm in the GTA (York region to be specific)

Last edited:

66Chevy

Super Moderator
The problem with GP's is they are often very reluctant to order ALL of the tests required to give you an accurate picture of what is going on with your hormones....because some of these items cost money to test for and are not covered by MSP. They don't like to be questioned by MSP on why they are ordering all these tests for a 22 y/o old male, despite all the symptoms you currently present with.

You could offer to pay out of pocket for some of the extra costs or go the anti-aging route. From my experience they are much more educated on what should be tested and focused on getting to the bottom of what is really going on with your hormones. They don't automatically hook you up with T, you still have to have the appropriate bloodwork numbers to justify treatment. I personally can understand your reluctance to start down the road of trt at such a young age. I myself put this off as long as I could by running moderate cycles with proper pct's and good amounts of time off.

At a minimum you should have your thyroid function, pituitary function (LH, FSH), Estradiol, Free Test, Bioavailable Test, Sex Hormone Binding Giobulin, and Hematology profile tested.

Theorems

Registered
Another option would be just to get ugl testosterone and then you get to decide how much trt you get and no doctors can tell you 'no'.

Theorems

Registered
that is one option, yes.

He would then continue this recommendation for another 50+ years?
Well of course he'd want to get more comprehensive bloods first to confirm that's his problem. But yeah if he has all those horrible symptoms he listed then why wouldn't he continue for the rest of his life? a very small price to pay in order to stop feeling like shit 24/7 in my opinion.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Well of course he'd want to get more comprehensive bloods first to confirm that's his problem. .
makes sense, yes. But yet that's not what you plan to do, you've said you have an addictive personality and might just carry on cruising for life after just your first cycle. You shouldn't be giving this guy advice imo.

Theorems

Registered
makes sense, yes. But yet that's not what you plan to do, you've said you have an addictive personality and might just carry on cruising for life after just your first cycle. You shouldn't be giving this guy advice imo.
That's what I plan to do, but that's not what I said on this thread (he is talking about trt, I would be blasting and cruising for aesthetic reasons) and his situation is different than mine because he has low test and some pretty bad symptoms which are most likely the result of his low t. I just put the option of ugl test out there cause it's a valid option and hadn't been mentioned yet

66Chevy

Super Moderator
That's what I plan to do, but that's not what I said on this thread (he is talking about trt, I would be blasting and cruising for aesthetic reasons) and his situation is different than mine because he has low test and some pretty bad symptoms which are most likely the result of his low t. I just put the option of ugl test out there cause it's a valid option and hadn't been mentioned yet
ok, fair enough. Back to my earlier point though, the responsible thing to do is to find out what is causing all these symptoms so they can be corrected and he isn't left with a future lifetime of trt as his only remaining option at age 22.

Thread starter #13

R3dman12

Registered
The problem with GP's is they are often very reluctant to order ALL of the tests required to give you an accurate picture of what is going on with your hormones....because some of these items cost money to test for and are not covered by MSP. They don't like to be questioned by MSP on why they are ordering all these tests for a 22 y/o old male, despite all the symptoms you currently present with.

You could offer to pay out of pocket for some of the extra costs or go the anti-aging route. From my experience they are much more educated on what should be tested and focused on getting to the bottom of what is really going on with your hormones. They don't automatically hook you up with T, you still have to have the appropriate bloodwork numbers to justify treatment. I personally can understand your reluctance to start down the road of trt at such a young age. I myself put this off as long as I could by running moderate cycles with proper pct's and good amounts of time off.

At a minimum you should have your thyroid function, pituitary function (LH, FSH), Estradiol, Free Test, Bioavailable Test, Sex Hormone Binding Giobulin, and Hematology profile tested.

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of them taking some heat for doing certain tests. Would make the resistance more understandable.

There is a anti aging/bhrt clinic near my house, I'm going to be giving them a call as it might be a better option than chasing doctors who don't want to help.

It's definitely not something I want to jump into. How was your quality of life after you started trt?

Current family doctor won't assist so I think I will cancel my relationship with her and search for a doc willing to run all of the tests.

Thanks for the feedback

edarrin

Registered
another option is to get a sleep test done. Those symptoms are also indicative of a possible sleep disorder. As your family doc for a sleep test. You go to a lab and they hook you up to a polysomnagraph and see if your sleep architecture is good. At least you can rule that out before you go on trt for life. It's covered by OHIP in Ontario and likely in other provinces as well.