What's new

6-foot-8, 320-pound monster is coming to MMA

Thread starter Admin #1

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

Heads up: This 6-foot-8, 320-pound monster is coming to the KSW cage
John Morgan, The Blue Corner, Oct. 14th, 2018 - 18 hrs ago

If he can fight even a little bit, Martyn Ford is going to be one scary man.

The hulking 6-foot-8, 320-pound professional bodybuilder has signed a deal with Poland's KSW, promotion officials recently announced.

"I've loved almost all forms of martial arts," Ford said when his signing was revealed at this past weekend's KSW 45 event. "To come in here and to have the opportunity to put what I practice into this environment and this cage is an exceptional opportunity for myself."

http://instagr.am/p/BouEAwgAnzf/
Ford (0-0), who has done some acting in addition to his work as a bodybuilder, has 1.3 million followers on Instagram, which was certainly a reason for KSW to take a chance on an athlete with no previous, professional experience. Of course, with the Polish organization essentially serving as the modern version of PRIDE, the chance to put on a freak-show matchup or two probably didn't hurt, either.

Still, promotion officials insist Ford "has focused his attention on moving into MMA" and "has dedicated himself to training in various aspects of mixed martial arts while adjusting his training regime drastically to help with the transition."

Ford is expected to make his debut in 2019. If it turns out he can throw a straight punch, and perhaps have just even a little bit of cardio, he could be a very frightening individual. Just look at him standing next to a hulked up Anthony Johnson.

http://instagr.am/p/BnypJbkliqw/

seen him around he was rich buddy n worked at 5% rich passed away see him at the fitness expo booths also! hes got the size but can he throw a punch n be fast n agile too!?

Jdave

Registered
If he stays that size then Poland’s drug testing isn’t that great.
This guys also tried to transition into acting too.

It would be the first organization I have heard of doing an ultra Heavyweight category >265. I suspect he will cut down to 265. Stamina would also be an issue with that much muscle. Seems like a pretty good guy.

This should be very interesting.
Given Ford lost a ton of weight this year when he had surgery, and then within two months had it all back (lol), it will be interesting to see what weight he fights at and if any prior testing even takes place.
He definitely has the reach advantage but without the experience he definitely needs to pay special attention to his MMA training or he'll most likely get his ass handed to him.

Jdave

Registered
He had some intestine and bowel removed apparently. Went down to 260, or something like that, and 7 weeks later was back up to 320 or something like that, lol.
I’m sure it’s just diet, vitamins and nutrition bro LOL
I see this either not coming to fruition or not lasting very long. If that promotion just needs a hype train he’ll probably get around the steroid testing with their help but someone who can actually fight will put him out.

Mnemonic

Registered
MMA is turning more into the WWF by the hour.
Was just going to say, he's well beyond the effective size for MMA. There isn't a hulk division, he is likely trying to pull a UFC -> WWE with his social media following.

All I can say is once he is gassed, he's gonna fall haaaard. I'll be watching :)

Testbear

Registered
He lacks a lot of power and speed. A guy his size shouldn't be struggling deadlift 495... for reps lol. Watching him hit the bag is like watching a turtle.

And no I'm not one of those guys that that thinks big guys can't fight. Quite the opposite. There was a guy from New Zealand or Australia can't remember. With a raw powerlifting total that rivalled the lilliebridges. 6'3 and 330+ if I remember correctly. That guy had the speed of a lightweight. It was unreal. 900 squat 550 bench. Check him out. His kicks would go right through an average man. This martyn 5% guy is a joke as far as I can tell

And no I'm not one of those guys that that thinks big guys can't fight. Quite the opposite. There was a guy from New Zealand or Australia can't remember. With a raw powerlifting total that rivalled the lilliebridges. 6'3 and 330+ if I remember correctly. That guy had the speed of a lightweight. It was unreal. 900 squat 550 bench. Check him out.
How do we check him out if you don't remember his name? LOL