What's new

a

they will go by what symptoms you have first. and its all down to the endo how they are. one endo may not prescribe another may give you test around 100-150mg per week to see if symptoms improve. they will do a full blood work, or should anyways to see if anything else is causing low test. in my case the doc found my prolactin super elevated etc . good luck, if you not happy you can get a second opinion.

Complete waste of time in Canada. Save the time, get blood panel from. Natural path and post here. 99% of endo in Canada wontprescribe without wrinkles and grey hair.

You’re embarking on a long and frustrating journey. Go in with an open mind, but don’t expect the silver bullet. There are options aside from that particular Endo as well.

Daway

Registered
On april 23, I will have appointment with the endocrinologist, I quit AAS 2 years ago after a cars crash, that injured my arms. I did my blood test on jan 2019 came back at 269 free test and one 7 march after quitting smoking, dieting and light workout it came back at 330, I ask the clinic for help to feel better and have more energy and they sended me to a endo. What should I expect on my appointment? what happens if he said i'm fine and i don't need trt or hrt. should i seft-prescribe?
Structured research, in my opinion, is the best way to be prepared. You need to understand there is a dichotomy between "normal" and optimal. It's also important to understand "normal" in the context of a specific age group. Someone who is 22 and a level of 280 is not "normal" even though the normal range is usually touted to be 250-1000.

There is scientific literature that backs up this point.

Do not be afraid to give the doctor your opinion on whether or not TRT is right for you. In my case I was able to go to my doctor with my symptoms and what had been done in the past (SSRIs, etc). He got my bloods back and like you even though my results are in that broad normal range he was astute enough to understand what "normal" meant for my age which wasn't me. Combined with my "this just fits too well to be wrong" philosophy got me on TRT. Life has been so much better since.

So, do your research and be prepared with facts about your medical history, overall health, and the way test levels work. Bookmark or save research papers on your phone if you need for notes. If you get the result you do not expect and you're confident that for your situation TRT is the answer, get a second opinion and/or pursue the options mentioned above

Good luck!

Structured research, in my opinion, is the best way to be prepared. You need to understand there is a dichotomy between "normal" and optimal. It's also important to understand "normal" in the context of a specific age group. Someone who is 22 and a level of 280 is not "normal" even though the normal range is usually touted to be 250-1000.

There is scientific literature that backs up this point.

Do not be afraid to give the doctor your opinion on whether or not TRT is right for you. In my case I was able to go to my doctor with my symptoms and what had been done in the past (SSRIs, etc). He got my bloods back and like you even though my results are in that broad normal range he was astute enough to understand what "normal" meant for my age which wasn't me. Combined with my "this just fits too well to be wrong" philosophy got me on TRT. Life has been so much better since.

So, do your research and be prepared with facts about your medical history, overall health, and the way test levels work. Bookmark or save research papers on your phone if you need for notes. If you get the result you do not expect and you're confident that for your situation TRT is the answer, get a second opinion and/or pursue the options mentioned above

Good luck!
The doctor should try his best to get you into the high end of the normal range and not just in range on low end.

Jericho

Registered
Find anti aging clinic, and do it privately. You probably wont get much joy from the endo.
I just got my first script today; cost me $1000 per year, quarterly appointment and bloodwork, and i got the $1000 reimbursed from my healthcare spending account. Easiest doctors appointment i've ever done. (y)

Goldenrod

Registered
Find anti aging clinic, and do it privately. You probably wont get much joy from the endo.
I just got my first script today; cost me $1000 per year, quarterly appointment and bloodwork, and i got the $1000 reimbursed from my healthcare spending account. Easiest doctors appointment i've ever done. (y)
Which province? There are no such clinics in this Peovince. Note sure if there are in Atlantic Canada but I would pay to go if there was.