What's new

AI during PCT

Thread starter #1
Fellow Monsters,

Looking for anyone's personal experience of running an AI throughout PCT.

Upcoming 12wk cycle
Test E - 500mg/wk
Anavar - 50mg/day (ishh)
Aromasin - 12.5mg/eod

*Will be running HCG 250iu/2xWK during cycle as I've always had good results.

PCT
Nolva 40/40/20/20
Clomid 100/100/50/50

My question is has anyone had experience running the AI through cycle and continuing through PCT?

My thought is to run 12.5mg/eod during cycle, and taper down to 6.25mg on the second week of clearing the ester and continue this dose up until week 3 of PCT with no AI during week 4 of PCT?

Any feedback on this? Ive had issues in the past with estrogen rebound from nolvadex as well. May consider tapering that down even more.

Thanks In advance Monstaa's!

JJ

Jdave

Registered
Seems counter intuitive from my point of view- I’ve never used AI on pct
Unless youre especially estrogenic. I might be wrong but I think about it- you won’t have enough test as pct starts to convert to a decent amount of estrogen. If you did a sufficient job controlling estrogen with AI during the cycle then you’re not entering PCT with a high amount of circulating estrogen anyways.
You’ll need what little amount of either hormone gets generated to get to homeostasis. SERMS will help with preventing (tho possibly not reversing) gyno.
HCG I think might create a bit of estrogen so if you use the blasting protocol between cycle to PCT (as in after the cycle but before the pct) maybe Aromasin might be beneficial (I believe there’s literature out there that suggests it even boosts test but I don’t remember the specifics or the way it achieves it) so if you ever encountered puberty related gyno then it might stand to reason that when you use HCG blasting protocol you would risk encountering gyno at this time and then into PCT as well. That would be an instance I can think of where AI after the cycle would be used.

Again this is subject to what I’ve read and only personally tried with AI’s, SERMS, HCG and testosterone use. I might not be as estrogenic as others (or I might be but I possibly am not prone to gyno perhaps) - take what I’m saying with a grain of salt.

Thread starter #3
@Jdave thanks man. Rather use small amounts of HCG during cycle and not blast at the end.

I know I’ve had estro rebound coming off Nolva so trying to prevent that.

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
I don't think it's necessary but especially if it will give you peace of mind, I don't think it'll hurt

A couple (few) things..

Your proposed cycle is straightforward enough, no sense in complicating it. Firstly, I would consider administrating your chosen AI daily due to the short half life in men - approximately 9 hours. Unless you have blood work and prior experience supporting otherwise.

Secondly, i recommend against including an AI during recovery simply because your primary goal is for your endocrine system (hormones) to return to homeostasis. Adding an AI during this period will only confuse your endocrine system further and unnecessarily delay this recovery process.

Thirdly, if you really want a pro tip, pick up some test propionate and add it to week 13 and 14 and drop your test enanthate. (Yes, you will be extending your cycle by two weeks, but those long esters take time to spool up - often up to 6 weeks) Then begin your PCT 3 days after last administration of test propionate. And speaking of PCT, reduce your second week of nolvadex to 20mg/day. It's not necessary to double up two weeks in a row for either SERM. Less is more. Actually, drop your first and second week of clomid to 50mg and 50mg as well, you don't need that much clomid for it to be effective - especially on a straightforward cycle like the one you're proposing.

And lastly, there is no such thing as E2 rebound. Your hormones are not made out of rubber. Control your E2 through periodic blood work and an quality AI and you're smoothing it, rather than roughing it.

Good luck on your upcoming cycle, and dont forget to make notes!

Jdave

Registered
@Jdave thanks man. Rather use small amounts of HCG during cycle and not blast at the end.

I know I’ve had estro rebound coming off Nolva so trying to prevent that.
HCG can be used both ways for the same cycle.
On cycle use of very small amounts is to continue leydig cell activity through suppression so that they don’t atrophy, that way when you DO pct you have as much testicular volume (live leydig cells) as possible to start producing LH & FSH

blasting HCG after cycle and before PCT is just to create an environment where the body is extremely responsible to creatine LH & FSH so that when SERMS start they’re working with that much more available leydig cell activity. I could be explaining that wrong (caveat- no medical degrees this is all bro science) but I think about it like creating an environment in your body similar to when you went through adolescent puberty (ie the time in your life when you’re the most hormonal and producing testosterone and estrogen)
It’s been used to treat boys who had delayed puberty
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2385733/
Fifty male patients with delayed pubertal development (chronological age 13.3-17.6 years; bone age 9.5-14 years) were treated with human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) 1500-2000 units twice weekly for six months to promote pubertal development and accelerate growth. Response was compared with an untreated control group of 28 patients (chronological age 12.5-17.5 years; bone age 7.0-13.0 years). Forty-four of 46 patients in the treatment group achieved genital stage 3 or 4 by the end of therapy; untreated patients either remained unchanged or advanced only one genital stage during this period.”
It is however a longer treatment period but I think similar IU/week usage

But maybe doing both is redundant I dunno. Best PCT experience I had was doing both.

Thread starter #7