What's new

Alpha Labz Steroid UGL Busted After Ordering Pill Press from China (USA)

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

Alpha Labz Steroid UGL Busted After Ordering Pill Press from China
November 22nd, 2019

The man behind Alpha Labz came to the attention of federal authorities when when he imported pill press components from China.

John Kestel, the owner and operator of the underground laboratory that manufactured “Alpha Labz” branded anabolic steroids, was sentenced to five years in prison on November 15, 2019.

Kestel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distributed anabolic steroids (a Schedule III controlled substance) from at least December 2015 through June 2017.

The DEA launched an investigation after learning that John Kestel purchased a pill press.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration launched an investigation into Kestel in April 2017. The DEA had been alerted by “multiple investigative agencies” that Kestel had purchased a TDP1.5 Single punch tablet press machine from China.

The DEA received information that Kestel received various pill press components along with binding agents used in the tableting process. The shipments were addressed to two addresses linked to Kestel.

The first address was a private mail box at The UPS Store in Springfield, Virginia. The PMB was leased by Kestel. Kestel received numerous parcels at the PMB from Chinese companies suspected of manufacturing controlled substances according to customs shipping records.

The second address was a private townhome that served as Kestel’s primary residence. Kestel manufactured Alpha Labz branded steroids in the basement of his Springfield townhome.

The clandestine underground lab almost took over the entire basement. One room was set up primarily for the manufacture of oral steroids and oral ancillary drugs. The second room was used to manufacture injectable steroids; it was also used to package and ship finished products.

Kestel marketed Alpha Labz on the Internet and various social media websites, including Facebook. He referred all social media inquiries to a password-protected website where he accepted steroid orders. Customers paid for their steroids via Venmo, Paypal and Bitcoin.

Kestel conspired with at least three other people. The first person, identified only as uncharged co-conspirator number one (UCC-1), lived in Rancho Cucamonga, California. The UCC-1 apparently received raw steroid powder and also shipped finished product to customers on behalf of Kestel.

The other two con-conspirators worked as resellers for Alpha Labz. One reseller decided to cooperate with DEA agents and acted as a “confidential source”. The reseller identified another Alpha Labz reseller in Fort Worth, Texas named Andrew Kavoian.

Only two individuals associated with Alpha Labz have been charged in connection with steroid trafficking. And only Kestel has been sentenced to prison at the time of publication.

Sources: DOJ. (November 15, 2019). Alexandria Man Sentenced to Prison for Distributing Anabolic Steroids. Retrieved from justice.gov/usao-edva/pr/alexandria-man-sentenced-prison-distributing-anabolic-steroids

DutchCanadian

Rookie
I could think of a lot more dangerous drugs to focus on then a small aas operation.

Canada literally has a meth epidemic and the cops are worried about guys looking to challenge there genetic potential..

( I know this took place in the USA, just speaking in general )

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
I could think of a lot more dangerous drugs to focus on then a small aas operation.

Canada literally has a meth epidemic and the cops are worried about guys looking to challenge there genetic potential..

( I know this took place in the USA, just speaking in general )

You could look at this two ways.

1 in the US there is much more focus on drugs like Aas.

2 the work on the investigation was already done. The operation probably wasn’t known when the investigation started. He could have been making whatever with that press. One the work is in the bust is going to happen. Whether it be on Aas or mdma or whatever.

Daway

Rookie
(2) seems the most likely option. I've never seen law enforcement at any level in the US treat policing as anything other than an ROI business venture.

Mfg Eng

Rookie
Looks like it's time to ship machines in sub assemblies and parts.

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
(2) seems the most likely option. I've never seen law enforcement at any level in the US treat policing as anything other than an ROI business venture.
I would wholeheartedly disagree with that. Aas is viewed much differently

My good friend Ajdos (Adrian Domnas if you want to fact check it) was busted in NC by the feds. He was caught with approximately 100 bottles of Aas. He received a 4 year sentence for that in a federal prison. Not a jail.

Police had no other proof of him distributing anything other than what he was caught with. He was finked out by another guy who got busted and was telling whatever he could to save himself. Ronus or jaydog.

He was out in 21 months. Spent 3 in a halfway house and then on parole.

All for 100 - 10ml bottles.

Last edited:

Daway

Rookie
That's messed up. Also completely different than the anecdotes I have, but then again most of mine revolve around Cannabis in the 90's not AAS today.

Mooobaby

Not to be a dick but....
Vet

My good friend Ajdos (Adrian Domnas if you want to fact check it) was busted in NC by the feds. He was caught with approximately 100 bottles of Aas. He received a 4 year sentence for that in a federal prison. Not a jail.

Police had no other proof of him distributing anything other than what he was caught with. He was finked out by another guy who got busted and was telling whatever he could to save himself. Ronus or jaydog.

That fucking sucks. Fed is no fun.

Mooobaby

Not to be a dick but....
Vet

In Canada I believe this could be argued as personal without the rat? Anyone know if it's still a 2000 dose threshold for it to be considered enough for trafficking?

tristan

Rookie
In Canada I believe this could be argued as personal without the rat? Anyone know if it's still a 2000 dose threshold for it to be considered enough for trafficking?
But did the dog fully sit or only half sit?

Old RhynoS

Too bad. The govt has a twisted view on aas. Drugs , when used properly, enhance the lives of those that use them are illegal yet cigarettes and alcohol kill more people in a year and the govt just collects tax on them.