What's new

Ancient Plant Medicine

Bigtuna84

Vet
Lately I’ve been reading up on ancient medicines particularly medicinal plants. 20,000 years before the Europeans came to town, Indians were surviving off the land. They used a hands on approach treating people suffering from illness.

Digging into this, its basically the same the Mayas and the Chinese had. Their shamans did the work and tested on the fearless. Kept logs of it and did it without knowing what the chemistry behind it was. That being said, many “old" things worked magically and played a part in shaping modern medicine.

Think of your grandmas chicken soup made with meat and bones. This can cure a cold. Why? Proteins, minerals and alot of herbs that are in her “original" receipe that work in synergy.

So next time dont bash your grannies home made idea, use some scientific sense and give it a shot (unless its utterly retarded).

Here are a few sources I found interesting....

Pariri/Puca Panga

0204B02D-5E4C-4580-9DC7-51D7481F93DC.jpeg

Anti-inflammatory, increases white cells, helps with some types of cancer, lowers blood sugar, heals open wounds.

Brazilian BlackBerry Leaves

6FA927CB-3710-4F9E-9D06-1B31433B460F.gif

Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar.

Quassia Bark

51D76675-44E3-446E-B637-28F0091FAFA0.jpeg

Helps with digestion, antiworm, detox, depurative.

Pata-de-vaca

12889BAA-E366-4A72-88C2-734C52AF9E80.jpeg

Anti diabetic, diuretic, tonic (tones, balances, strengthens overall body functions), lowers cholesterol

This one really lowers blood sugar. Some people discontinue insulin or lower the dose when they start using this herb.

SonOfOdin

Rookie
This is extremely neat! I’ll have to track some of this down and give it a crack!

manfreakyca

Rookie
I have always been interested in ancient remedies!! they treated a lot illnesses Indians did!! Who knows how many sicknesses diseases n infections illnesses they over come in there time!!

Sorbate

Hardcore CJM Elder
Rookie
My sister had bad allergies to everything. Went to china town, guy prescribes these herbs, sister drinks for a few months, allergies almost non existent.
Damn that stuff stank while being boiled though.

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
My wife has gotten me on the essential oil train. I’m not one to be overly hippie, but objectively there are some amazing benefits to using them. The problem with essential oils, just like supplements, there is little regulation in the industry and many or most end up being grossly adulterated or just plain old impure with very little terpenes or other active ingredients in them.

So buyer beware. My wife uses the doterra brand. It is by far the most potent and pure of any the brands you will find. Young Living has a decent rep as well but testing is not as rigorous.

Doterra brand Plants are ethically sourced as well and they reinvest in the farming communities that grow their products through building farms, teaching sustainability practices and education.... if those things matter to you, it’s another reason to use their products.