What's new

Any Jays fans out there?

Esquimalt4Life

Super Heavyweight
How do you guys/gals think the recent pick ups will help towards getting us to the playoffs this year? I'm liking the way they've been playing the past 5-6 games hopefully we can keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Yes b'y.

huge baseball fan.

like the direction...it's about time. Norris will be a goodie, he showed his competence yesterday...sad to see him go...but goddamn this jays team should be tough to beat down the stretch! With 13 left against the Yankees look out!

Price is a beauty! Tazzie looks good too. Get Travis back (he's gonna be a monster) and goddamn this line up is ugly!

like the revere pick up too....hopefully he gets straight. Most hits in the NL last year....so all in time.

Regardless of of what you think...right moves or wrong....it's certainly going to be interesting. Just took it to the best team in the AL and reigning AL champions....cueto who?

pitching next year? This isn't next year....and with money coming off the books and a plethora of free agent pitching the jays will fill the holes.

i like it. Nice to be excited about something in Toronto again!

Esquimalt4Life

Super Heavyweight
Yes it is nice! currently holding a wildcard, the pitching has been great and the bats have been patient and coming through with timely hits

JonnyO

Super Moderator
They sure have been coming on strong since the Seattle series, making a good last run here lets hope they do it. Made some good acquisitions thats paid off.

Esquimalt4Life

Super Heavyweight
JohnnyO I totally agree the Yankees should definitely be worried we can put up some crooked numbers on the score board and pitching is getting solid from every guy on the mound

malkinfan

Rookie
RIGHT HERE!! And wow, what a team this year. It's funny to see the Yanks fans accusing the Jays of buying out the east when they have done the same so many times. I was at a few of their games a couple weeks back when they played Kansas. I seen Bautista/Donaldson play back to back homeruns and Bautista had a multi homerun game that day. Even though they lost, it was a heck of a game. They won the game the next day though. GO JAYS GO!

Esquimalt4Life

Super Heavyweight
Not bad for a "beer league softball team" huh? ;)
Lmao, most definitely I can't believe buddy has the balls to say something so stupid after we walked through two of the majors top teams in the past two weeks in Kansas City and the Yankees

trainerjyms

Super Heavyweight
I've been a Jays fan for years after falling off in the mid 90's. Got back on the wagon when they made the cubs and Marlins trades 3 years ago and went into 2012 as the odds on favourite. Haven't missed a game on radio or MLB.tv from Spring training till they are out every year. This is going to be the first time I may watch games in September. Looking forward to it.

malkinfan

Rookie
Lmao, most definitely I can't believe buddy has the balls to say something so stupid after we walked through two of the majors top teams in the past two weeks in Kansas City and the Yankees

Yeah no kidding. I understood the joke/pun he was making when he made the comment but I don't know how he didn't expect fans to get rubbed the wrong way with it. Ass hat!

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Yeah no kidding. I understood the joke/pun he was making when he made the comment but I don't know how he didn't expect fans to get rubbed the wrong way with it. Ass hat!
If you listen to the sound bite on it....he was really taken out of context.

He wasn't calling them a beer least softball team...he was comparing them in the sense that their hitting is like that of a good beer league softball team where the top half of their entire order can go yard at any given time.

words got a little twisted by the media. More example of media trying to make something out of nothing.

Esquimalt4Life

Super Heavyweight
If you listen to the sound bite on it....he was really taken out of context.

He wasn't calling them a beer least softball team...he was comparing them in the sense that their hitting is like that of a good beer league softball team where the top half of their entire order can go yard at any given time.

words got a little twisted by the media. More example of media trying to make something out of nothing.
I didn't hear the interview personally but what you're saying makes sense,but anyways its 10 straight and now .5 game up in the AL East

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
I wouldn't say unstoppable but we're playing solid consistent ball the next series vs the Yankees will be huge
Completely.

ive been a jays fan long enough....well Toronto sports fan...long enough to be overly cynical....lol.

incredible what they've put together and they do look ridiculously good.....however I'm just anticipating the disappointment...I know I shouldn't be....but it's been about 30 years of not so good with about 5 years of wow sprinkled in ( jays wise) that is.

regardless...it's nice to enjoy some good baseball and not feel frustrated.

my wife will think there's something wrong with me if the bills pan out too with all their acquisitions.....little to no yelling at the tv this year!

canres.supplies

Middleweight
Completely.

ive been a jays fan long enough....well Toronto sports fan...long enough to be overly cynical....lol.

incredible what they've put together and they do look ridiculously good.....however I'm just anticipating the disappointment...I know I shouldn't be....but it's been about 30 years of not so good with about 5 years of wow sprinkled in ( jays wise) that is.

regardless...it's nice to enjoy some good baseball and not feel frustrated.

my wife will think there's something wrong with me if the bills pan out too with all their acquisitions.....little to no yelling at the tv this year!
Toronto sports fan ? Sorry to hear that. ;)

Although I am a huge jays fan, I couldn't bring myself to cheer for the rest of them. It's great to see the Jays doing so well lately. Definitely made some right moves for players .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esquimalt4Life

Super Heavyweight
Well it seems our bats and pitching has conveniently decided to start slumping at the same time this next series vs the Angels will be big we need a sweep