What's new

Anyone train MMA or a Martial art?

Cumminstech2

Super Heavyweight
I wrestled in highschool for the highschool team. I boxed around the same time too, but not for the high school. I thought I wanted to get into MMA and trained jujitsu with Royce Gracie himself a couple of times, but I gave that up when I decided I liked boxing alone much better instead. Now I don’t do any martial arts, just lift weights and try and look big enough that everyone thinks I’d be good at fighting lol

Geo

Rookie
Started Muay Thai later than most - in my early 40s. Been at it for 6 years. With my flexibility no one has to worry abut head kicks unless your a leprechaun or an oompa loompa. But if you don't check those low kicks I will go home with your leg. LOL
Never too late to start. I started bjj at 30 and now at 37 am I much better version of myself? Hell yea. Mentally, physically, and feel a high level of comfort in situations others might not. Also, sparring martial arts at least will humble you very fast. They’ll show what you think you are, likely isn’t true. Will build a confidence in you that is healthy. Especially if you have this notion you’re a “tough person” or “ good fighter” without training. When a guy or girl half your size is choking you out, or can break your arm, or just peppered you with punches and kicks and you have no answer. It’ll crack that ego pretty quick. And that’s good. It’s good to be exposed. Then you can’t hide behind it anymore.
You can however start building a healthy ego through training, dedication, and being a student. I’m 255 pound, strong, fit, bjj purple belt, catch wrestler who has really zero interest in fighting anyone. I fight several times a week on the mats. I know what I can do. I’m not a bully, I go out of my way to make people feel good and comfortable. That’s what people don’t understand.. you might start martial arts to learn how to fight or defend yourself, but once you’ve achieved a good degree of skill, fighting people isn’t at all a thing most of us want to do. It’s a skill you possess if you need it. It’s more about the training, enjoyment, the exercise, the social involvement.

Last edited:

canadianpride73

Super Heavyweight
Our killer will be fighting in this. This kid can box. His guillotine is unstoppable. I out rank this kid and am 100lbs heavier and he out moves me. Hes dangerous. Heres his first MMA fight.

Lex

Super Heavyweight
Want to get into some sort of martial arts. Never done any before. In fact I've only been in two fights my entire life, which is a good thing I guess. My friend suggested Muay Thai and I think that it would be a good hobby to get into. I don't want to get injured though, just acquire some skills and increase my cardio/endurance/flexibility which has gone to shit since gaining a bunch of weight. I think it would also be good for overall confidence. I like Muay Thai because it seems like a no bullshit approach to fighting.

Goldenrod

VET
Want to get into some sort of martial arts. Never done any before. In fact I've only been in two fights my entire life, which is a good thing I guess. My friend suggested Muay Thai and I think that it would be a good hobby to get into. I don't want to get injured though, just acquire some skills and increase my cardio/endurance/flexibility which has gone to shit since gaining a bunch of weight. I think it would also be good for overall confidence. I like Muay Thai because it seems like a no bullshit approach to fighting.
Hi Lex,
Send me a PM if you want info on kickboxing, Judo, or Jiu Jitsu although I never stuck with JJ for very long. There are no martial arts you can take, if you get to a certain level, you won't get injured doing. At least that was my experience as I was always sore or something was hurting.
At some stage you will start grappling/sparring with people in class and with all contact sports you get hurt.

SonOfOdin

Super Heavyweight
Вероятность угадать 7 чисел из 49 равна 1 : 85900584. Вариантов: 85900584 варианта.
Остались вопросы?
Здравствуйте. Сколько раз играет билет?
https://party-life.ru/proverka-bileta-russkoe-loto.html
Шестой ход — 0,000000819 (0,0000819%). Результаты последних тиражей Бинго-75.
First in get the fuck outta here !!!! @Affliction79 @66Chevy wheres my hammers at!

Regards
SonOfOdin

Cumminstech2

Super Heavyweight
I wrestled in highschool but the wrestling team was so full of drama and politics it was crazy, so I quit after the year was over and didn’t continue