What's new

== [ Are You One of the Few? The 2% ] ==

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

Are You One Of The Few? The 2%

-- Just recently there was a news article published by our nations ever-altruistic news agency, the CBC. It went on to outline the details of a recently released CBSA search warrant. In it, the story mentions none other than - Canadian Juice Monsters. Obviously the words Canadian Juice Monsters splashed on the page in bold type is engineered to illicit shock-and-awe from readers. (link below):

Steroid abuse and trafficking revealed in CBSA search warrant - British Columbia - CBC News

It's only to be expected that a reputable news outlet would never want to mention CJM. Would you? A 90 year old woman reading about the results of the federal budget clicks on a link and sees a picture of a naked redhead and a post about injecting his daily dose and then suddenly dies of a heart attack. Is that what you want you sick bastard?

But that's what they do. It's what news outlets such as the CBC exist for; to report the news. And if it means creating controversial headlines to sell newspapers and/or garner viewers, then so be it. So what about CJM? Well, without CJM, there is no CBC News. Without CBC News, there is no CJM. They have nothing in common but a sick twisted codependency on each other.

But should we shrink back from such a story and slink back into the shadows? I say no. I say that instead we should embrace it. After all, what is being mentioned on a national news outlet worth? I'll tell you this; the site has never grown so exponentially fast in such a brief time. In fact, as I write this, there has been 150+ new members sign up to the site in less than a week! Most likely these new members were curious to see what the site was all about after reading the CBC story and decided to come and sign up. In this current rush of new members there will undoubtedly be some that find the site to be in bad taste or too taboo and immediately leave. But there will also be plenty that find the site's content to be "right up their alley" and stick around to maybe even participate. Either way, we reap the benefits and we should be thankful of the coverage nonetheless.

But all of this has lead me to ponder the future of CJM as a whole and where we need to take this site. If you've been paying paying attention of late then you'll know that Canadian Juice Monsters has embraced a new direction in 2015. What is this new direction? For those of you just recently new to the forum or for those of you that don't stop by frequently, CJM has now adopted H.A.R.D.C.O.R.E as its overriding theme. This was recently announced in this thread here (link below):

[[ The New Direction for CJM in 2015 ]]

What Does It All Mean?
Changes have been taking place to reflect the hardcore theme and you've probably already noticed some. For instance, that new logo at the top of the forum homepage. What better way to usher in a new era of hardcoredness than "Hulking up" The CJM Hulk and giving him a big ol' 30ml syringe in his gigantic green mitt?! You may have also noticed the large "2%" under the site's title and wonder what it stands for. Well I'm gonna tell you.

Are You A 2%er?
Imagine all the people that make up Canada's huge fitness industry. The Cross Fitters, the yoga practitioners, the team sports, the runners, the cyclists, and every other trend that gains a foothold. In doing so you'd arrive at a huge number of participants. But how many of these people are truly HARDCORE? Not so many. In fact, I can say with confidence that the number would be very small. So small in fact that I have done calculations and put a value on this number at a mere 2%. This simply means that if 98% of the general fitness population are non-hardcore, then just 2% are hardcore. That mere 2% are us; CJM.

But What Is Hardcore?
As we all very well know, CJM incorporates The Hulk as our mascot. This wasn't by mistake. He was chosen long ago because he embodies the traits of what hardcore exemplifies. Yeah he's HUGE with bulging, veiny muscles, but there's more to it than that. He's got attitude. The attitude to be the baddest, strongest, and most hardcore ill-tempered alpha predator on the planet. He does what he wants and gets what he wants. This same attitude is what CJM and the 2% slogan strive for. We CJM'ers are the 2% because, like the hulk, we have the attitude to be the best and the baddest in our own lives. We live a lifestyle that few can understand, or want to understand. We sacrifice ourselves and employ extreme measures to pursue our goals and achieve success. We don't care what the others think. We plod on like The Hulk and destroy whatever obstacles may block our path. We are determined to be the baddest, most hardcore motherfu*kers out there.

Anything less than 2%? Well, there are other places on the internet that are more accepting. As mentioned in - Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation, there are literally tons of lovey-dovey, over moderated AAS "snore-ums" out there to belong to. And they'll be more than happy to accept you into their ranks because .... well because you'll be just like them. Average. Those that aren't members of CJM aren't members because were too damn different. too radical, too intense. Were the big men and women in the gym. Heavy iron is our stock-in-trade and we don't let pain and suffering overcome us. "Go Big or Go Home" is our mantra. And this mantra carries over to Canadian Juice Monsters in all aspects.

Yes, were brash. Yes, were sometimes cruel and unforgiving. But this is what makes us the few .... the 2%. And a true 2%er can handle a little heat and overcome the odds when things get tough. You're hardcore. And if they cry on other forums about how merciless we are? The truth is they couldn't handle it here. And this attitude is what lead me to write - Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation (link below):

Welcome to CJM, New User! - A Non-Official Guide to Your Potential Assimilation

This guide explains what a member can expect here on the CJM forum. A code of conduct if you will. And no, it's not pretty but it's not meant to pull any punches either. It's exactly what a new member can expect to encounter when among the CJM 2%ers.

So are you in? Do you have what it takes to become hardcore? The 2%? Or will you call it quits and slink back into the shadows? One thing is true - Only the strong will survive here on CJM while all the rest will seek solace among the average folk and choose easier paths in life.

I end with a befitting quote from 4-Star General George S. Patton:

"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in the whole valley"

Last edited:

Druss

Registered
Hardcore is a term bantered about far to freely in the fitness world. If you haven't bled on a bar brought your own fucking puke bucket to the gym and used crazy glue to seal up a torn caluce to continue the session you are not fucking hard core! That being said I don't fit the 2% due to the lack of vieny muscles and shit but God damnit I lift heavy fucking shit!

Prom

Registered
I used p90x to get back in shape 7 years ago and I still do yoga but fuck you if you don't want me in your 2% because I do yoga!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
I used p90x to get back in shape 7 years ago and I still do yoga but fuck you if you don't want me in your 2% because I do yoga!! lol

-- Well I've got to admit, you yoga folks are passionate. Keep doin' you.

Prom

Registered
-- Well I've got to admit, you yoga folks are passionate. Keep doin' you.
I think prison time grants me a pass on the yoga, that and I use it to make me be able to lift more and be able to for years to come.

Raoul Duke

Registered
I think prison time grants me a pass on the yoga, that and I use it to make me be able to lift more and be able to for years to come.

As long as you were not practicing downward dog on the inside it's all good.

Shotfitterguy

Registered
I've taken longer to become a 2%er than I should have but I made it. Bleeding on the bar and chugging tuna shakes all the way baby! Proud 2%er!!!