What's new

Back at it

Thread starter #1

Guner

Registered
Back to the grind tonight after quite the hiatus. I’m thinking I’m gonna hate myself after this attempt. Lol. What gets you guys going after some loss time?

Grimlid

Registered
If Ive been away for awhile I start the night before by telling myself repeatedly what I am doing the next day.I like to go early in the day if possible to feel the most energy and least outside stress. I eat a clean breakfast and go asap. I watch youtube workout videos while eating and waiting to go and I make sure I had my bag packed the night before so Im not fucking around at the last minute.....
Happy Workout.

Thread starter #5

Guner

Registered
If Ive been away for awhile I start the night before by telling myself repeatedly what I am doing the next day.I like to go early in the day if possible to feel the most energy and least outside stress. I eat a clean breakfast and go asap. I watch youtube workout videos while eating and waiting to go and I make sure I had my bag packed the night before so Im not fucking around at the last minute.....
Happy Workout.
Thanks for the advice, I’m going to utilize these tactics to help get the ball rolling :)

Stand naked in front of the mirror, visualize small changes that need to happen first.. and remember muscle memory is a wonderful thing.

Good luck and enjoy those noob gains.

Grimlid

Registered
Just get yourself their man, and aim for 45-60 minutes. Nothing to over the hill for the first few weeks.

Ease yourself back into it, get that nutrition on point, then kill it...

- PacMan
Just Get yourself there is so brilliant in its simplicity. Truly the best piece of advice....
I say that to myself everyday. All I gotta do is get my ass there and the workout will happen.

Take some pictures of yourself with the shirt off and then compare them to pictures of the body you want to have. Post these up where you will see them every morning. This will either motivate you to put in work or else just quit, which if your able to do that easily means you weren’t committed to begin with so you saved yourself some time and energy.
Once you start making progress switch up the pictures, or create a visual timeline, and this will keep you headed towards your goal.

Just remember your muscle strength will come back months faster than tendon/connective tissue strength. After a long layoff I do nothing lower than 12 reps, and do full body workouts twice a week for a month -6 weeks. My issue is overdoing it the first while back. . Muscle memory is better than any steroid and I get better results from taking it easy and resting and eating the first while back doing it this way while avoiding injuries. Once the initial muscle memory gains slow down and it takes actual effort to get sore, then I start splitting to 3-5 days a week and work on strength.

Thread starter #12

Guner

Registered
Stand naked in front of the mirror, visualize small changes that need to happen first.. and remember muscle memory is a wonderful thing.

Good luck and enjoy those noob gains.
I have been avoiding that mirror lately ugh. Lol

Thread starter #13

Guner

Registered
Just get yourself their man, and aim for 45-60 minutes. Nothing to over the hill for the first few weeks.

Ease yourself back into it, get that nutrition on point, then kill it...

- PacMan
Exactly what I did this weekend. Got 3 workouts in thankfully. I, by no means broke any records but by the 3rd workout this evening I thing I was actually starting to enjoy myself. :)