What's new

Bad headaches

DutchCanadian

Super Heavyweight
this started up with me recently, never had this before. I started actively working out my traps 2-3x week and then boom started getting these tension headaches/migraines. I stopped working out my traps and the headaches have slowed down significantly.

I noticed that if I workout my back hard and pull with my traps then I get those headaches as well. and its usually the next morning I get them or they slowly creep up on my during the day.

I still have no real solution for it but not working out my traps did help alot.
old thread but still could use another suggestion

I suffered from this for years, ended up getting cat scans done and all. The culprit is tension headaches, they can last a day or a month, the only thing that works for me is applying that blue muscle ache gel to the back of my neck and the muscles that run up behind my ears.
If I do this a couple of time when I get the headache it’s gone within a couple of hours.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

I suffered from this for years, ended up getting cat scans done and all. The culprit is tension headaches, they can last a day or a month, the only thing that works for me is applying that blue muscle ache gel to the back of my neck and the muscles that run up behind my ears.
If I do this a couple of time when I get the headache it’s gone within a couple of hours.
I have the same but after a few days of using the freezer gel packs I switch to heat. Just a FYI - now most pharmacies sell methocarbomol by itself with no other ingredient and don't keep it behind the counter. I find taking the recommended dosage per a doctor's scrip to help a lot. I prefer this as I don't want tylenol or Ibuprofen as it is muscle spasms and not inflammation most of the time. Luckily gel packs and heat are enough most of the time. good suggestion!

St

Seasoned VET

Go see a chiro that offers some deep tissue massage with the adjustments. I found this help lots.
He told me most trap pain is from our cell phones usage.

DutchCanadian

Super Heavyweight
Go see a chiro that offers some deep tissue massage with the adjustments. I found this help lots.
I found that deep tissue massages only helped for a couple of days, I no longer suffer from these since I started using the gel. If I get a headache which is pretty rare now a days I put the gel on and gone.
Check my bp once a week and everyday If I am on any gear and it’s always been fairly good.

Reactions: St

DutchCanadian

Super Heavyweight
I have no doubt this is because of cell usage.