What's new

BCABBA: Victoria Cup

Thread starter Admin #1

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

-- Finally a bodybuilding show is returning to Victoria B.C.! The Victoria Cup is August 15, 2015 and will have IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Jose Raymond and IFBB Female Pro Bodybuilder Shannon Courtney guest pose. I have to say I'm quite excited as I have a couple friends entered that will be competing.

Here's a link to the official site Victoria Cup Bodybuilding, Fitness, Physique Championships

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
I'll know/decide for sure if I will be competing in the next two weeks

I'd ruled it out due to my wedding in late august and was just going to do musclebeach in Oct but kind of changed my mind recently so I'm dieting/cardio-ing and will see where I'm at ~4wks out from the show

Thread starter Admin #4

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Victoria Cup is just 2 weeks away!! Deadline to enter is today. Big Announcement: IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER Paulo - the freak -Almeida has been added as a guest to the ‪#‎victoriacup‬ ! This athlete will be posing and meeting everyone in attendance at the FUEL SVN Victoria booth!

I'd also like to give a shout out to my buddy and fellow CJM'er, shreditup. He's competing in the Grand Masters and is being coached by former BCABBA head judge Chris Parker. Here's a pic of him at 4-weeks out.

-- Should be a great event for the competitors, the fans, and the city alike. Any CJM'ers planning to be in attendance?

Was planning on heading down and taking a peek. A few of my workout buds here are taking the trip down for it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
-- Victoria Cup is just 2 weeks away!! Deadline to enter is today.
Yep - I bought my plane tickets, bcbba membership (after a long, arduous process to be allowed to do so...) and paid my entry fee friday :)

Spray tan booked...rides & accommodations mostly sorted - time to firm up the posing routine, christ...two weeks!

Any CJM'ers planning to be in attendance?
I know a few! Are you coming out Dr. J?

How did you join the bcabba living in Alberta?? I'm surprised they even said yes at all

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
How did you join the bcabba living in Alberta?? I'm surprised they even said yes at all
It wasn't as easy as I'd hoped

Two of my siblings live on the island which helped, though

My ABBA membership expired end of 2014 which was the saving grace

Thread starter Admin #12

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Firstly, I'd like to give a HUGE congrats to our very own Snowpatrol for winning big-time at the inaugural Victoria Cup! His pics leading up to the show were both impressive and inspiring. No doubt your success and ongoing journal here will inspire other CJM'ers with their own contest pursuits. I'm very happy for you and you represented CJM with a superb performance.

Shreditup was satisfied with his placing of 2nd in his division and 4th in the Open. In his own words, "It was a blast. I was fine with second. Guy who won deserved it."

Another friend competed in Physique representing Lisa Giesbrecht's Team Iron Works, but unfortunately didn't place in his very first show. He had this to say, "I didn't place ... I was told because of my tattoos with a category so close. Everybody was so shredded they really pick you apart. Tattoos you really lose a lot of definition I was told." Nonetheless he had a good experience and had no regrets giving it his best. I congratulated him for following through in his training and prep and not to be discouraged. Very few have the balls to step onto a lit stage and expose themselves to judgement.

Regrettably I wasn't able to attend the show like I planned but instead spent the weekend moving all the contents from my brother-in-law's hunting cabin up near Port Renfrew/Cowichan. It came under threat from a raging forest fire that firefighters haven't been able to get a handle on so we were evacuating valuables out on ATVs. Not what I was counting on at all and now my feet have blisters upon blisters. I was really hoping to spend some time with SP and 66Chevy but it looks like it'll have to be another time or contest. I was also hoping to see p.s. and queenofdamned, Paulo "The Freak", and many other friends that were in attendance.

I'm curious to know some aspects of the show. The McPherson Theatre is pretty large holding 772 seats and was wondering if a good many of those seats were actually filled? Corey Swiergosz, president of Influential Sports Inc and the show's promoter was less than enthusiastic about pre-ticket sales. A reason Paulo stepped up to increase excitement by guest posing. How was the show's production, good sound and light? Was MC Rey Rey a good emcee?

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
I didn't go into the upper 'bowl' area but during the non-BB parts where I sat in the auditorium it felt about 70% full (the lower seating area)

No complaints re: lighting & sound from me, or anyone that I spoke to - however I'm much less of a production nerd than you'd expect from a musician/audiophile

Rey Rey...honestly seemed capable, if you offered me him or Bob C from the IFBB I'd take him (not a fan of Bob though)

Paulo and Jose were great...when I figure out how to get the videos off my phone I'll try to post them up

Thread starter Admin #16

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Haven't they posted results yet!?! I checked on Monday and couldn't find any. Thought they'd be up by now ffs. What's with the coverage of these shows ... think we need our very own CJM roving reporter.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
I'm curious to know some aspects of the show. The McPherson Theatre is pretty large holding 772 seats and was wondering if a good many of those seats were actually filled? Corey Swiergosz, president of Influential Sports Inc and the show's promoter was less than enthusiastic about pre-ticket sales. A reason Paulo stepped up to increase excitement by guest posing. How was the show's production, good sound and light? Was MC Rey Rey a good emcee?
I thought the lighting and sound was pretty good. As far as Reyrey the emcee, I felt bad for him at a few points. He kept getting corrected and overruled by head judge Cat who seemed to want things a certain way and in a certain order. It came off as a bit unorganized or uncoordinated imo.....he did a decent enough job of emceeing other than that. Made me wish Chris P was still at the judging helm though, as he always ran a tight show. There were a good amount of sponsor booths with lots of free swag, I thought the production itself was very good considering this was the first event back in town for some time.

Omg wish I had found this forum sooner, I felt so lonely and awkward sitting by myself LOL but really wanted to get a feel of what my competitors would look like (figure girls). But amazing group of athletes, so much more awesome to see in person.