What's new

Bells of steel FID bench

Thread starter #1
Decided I needed a new bench for my home gym. ( currently using a fit 505 FID bench from treadmill factory )
I’ve been doing endless research , reviews etc to find the most sturdy commercial grade reliable bench, and obviously like anyone can imagine Rogue FID bench was always the most recommended bench.
I don’t know about the rest of you guys but $1000 bucks + for a bench just seemed absolutely ridiculous. So I kept looking. Came across a few strongman athletes using bells of steel bench. Rated 1000 lbs. seems like a sturdy set up. Beefy looking. And the price less than half of rogue. I don’t expect it to be rogue quality but I hope it’s something more than what I have from treadmill factory or something from fitness avenue etc.

Anyone have any insight ? Experience with bells of steel. It’s deleivery date is Tuesday of next week. So I’ll certainly give my review for anyone going further. But for $386 bucks to the door. I had to pull the trigger

https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product/flat-incline-decline-bench/

xpac2

Registered
I bought a prowler of BOS and had it delivered to Toronto no issues. Great company to deal with and solid products. You cant go wrong with tme

Looks like a pretty nice solid bench. I'm sure it will serve you well.
I have a similar bench, but through Northern Lights.
What made me go with them was the molded seats over the upholstered.
I'm not sure what I do but somehow I tend to rip or damage these upholstered ones in some way, or maybe my dogs do when I'm not around, lol.
With care however I'm sure that new bench of yours will last you a very long time.

Thread starter #4
I bought a prowler of BOS and had it delivered to Toronto no issues. Great company to deal with and solid products. You cant go wrong with tme
Great service. Quick replies to ever email. Arguably the Cheapest shipping deals around ($29 flat rate anywhere in Canada)

Looks like a pretty nice solid bench. I'm sure it will serve you well.
I like the structure. Very solid looking. Hoping it’s everything it’s discribed as !
As I said I’ll give an update once I receive it

Thread starter #5
Well fella’s ,
I received the Bells of steel FID bench a couple days ago. I will share my experience and review for anyone looking to purchase a bench.
First off, As I said before all the emails were answered in fast timing. However they were “behind” in the shipping department. ( I gather it’s only a small family business ) so that’s fine, I understand. But after 5 days of the purchase date and still hadn’t received my shipping notice I emailed them again. And again, very fast response. Saying they would hope to get it out soon. Another 3 days passed ( now 8 days after purchase ) I emailed again stated I will cancel my order if it’s not sent out by weeks end ( this was a Thursday , so I was giving them 2 more days ) I received an email again , very timely after my request saying a notice was sent off to shipping saying to ship my order ASAP. And it was later shipped that same day .

So to sum it up.. it took 8 days after purchase for it to be shipped and took a few money back threats before any action was taken.

Second , very cheap shipping quote through ups. $29 anywhere in Canada. Bells of steel being located in Calgary and myself East coast I understand shipping would take a little while. And was predicted to be 8 days on ups tracking. Ha ! No such luck. Mid way to my destination it gets lost. And had to wait till day 5 of no activity before I could open an investigation. So it showed up Friday . After 12 days of shipping.

To sum it up.. it took 20 days after purchase before I recieved this bench.

Now a review of the bench. Excellent packaging. Very strong frame. Simple installation. The frame is assembled from the factory. Just needed the top tripod with the wheels to bolt on. And Simply bolt on the seat and backing along with the leg attachment and it’s done. The frame is a dry powder coat paint. Easily scratches. And got that “China smell” to the leather once opened. But all in all. Very nice looking bench. Very stable. No movement at all. Thick padding. Rated 1000lbs. For $360 I can’t recommend this enough. Just as good as any hoist commercial bench I’ve used at the local gyms.

As for shipping, maybe I was the lemon. I was the 1 in xxx amount of orders that do go wrong. Frustrating, but it is what it is. And I’ll now go enjoy this bench .