What's new

Best Protein Powder

BIGPAPA

So whats the best? Highest Quality? Most Protein per serving?
I have trouble hitting my protein intake every day and want the best one on the market.
taste isn't a factor. also want an iso as I'm tring to keep calories as low as possible.

I like Weider. Remember I was vegan before adding some dairy to my recovery diet.
Before that my favorite brands used to be Optimum Nutrition and Scitec.

But I assume you live in Canada and can easily order from True Protein. Their custom made protein powder used to be amazing 15 to 20 years ago.

Jackson1122

Protein powders are concentrated wellsprings of protein from creature or plant nourishments, for example, dairy, eggs, rice or peas, whey Protein, whey protein originates from drain, casein Protein, egg Protein, pea protein, hemp protein, dark colored rice protein, blended plant proteins...

Any of you guys get acne from whey? I switched to a Loblaws protein plus greens vegan protein because I seem to be super sensitive to dairy. I'm 39 and I get acne on my ears, face, back when I have dairy. Life long natty too (so far).

Any thoughts on non-dairy powders that aren't total shit?

Lift4Life

Rookie
I really like Mutant ISO Surge - Peanut Butter Chocolate. Not cheap but it has great nutritional value (low carbs) and it's like drinking a milk shake - really delicious

Deetermined

Rookie
Costco has a sale on protein powder approximately every three months. I just wait till them and grab either the Lean Fit or Musclepharm Combat for a pretty decent price for a 5lb tub. No complaints with either one in regards to taste or mixability.

punisher95

Rookie
Any of you guys get acne from whey? I switched to a Loblaws protein plus greens vegan protein because I seem to be super sensitive to dairy. I'm 39 and I get acne on my ears, face, back when I have dairy. Life long natty too (so far).

Any thoughts on non-dairy powders that aren't total shit?
I use plant based proteins most of the time pea protein does not taste the greatest but I don’t get upset stomach or acne from it like I did with whey

edarrin

Rookie
I think the best quality protein on the market now is Kaizen's native whey isolate protein. Supposed to be made in France directly from milk and not as a by-product of cheese manufacturing like most whey is. You can see the difference. Texture is different. I've been using it for about 2 months and think it may be making a difference. More of a long term thing. Although I haven't been able to find any validation I would think it would have better associated health benefits as well. At any rate I will continue to use it for a while longer and see.

Grimlid

Rookie
Canadian Protein has excellent bang for buck, and is who I've used for the last 4 years or so consistently. True Nutrition is also excellent quality but it is out of the US so a bit more expensive when you factor in exchange rate and shipping.
Free shipping on 99$ or more is always nice too.
Read the fine print though on some stuff I have wound up with artificial sweetener (sucralose) that I wasnt expecting or wanting.
I formerly used Kaizen Iso as it has mostly natural ingredients. Sucralose makes me sick literally and figuratively.
Ive been off powder for 3 months personally like the big boys said, and finding room for an extra 6-12 eggs a day has been challenging but worth it for gains and better overall wellbeing (just my opinion)

EastCoast'er

Rookie
So whats the best? Highest Quality? Most Protein per serving?
I have trouble hitting my protein intake every day and want the best one on the market.
taste isn't a factor. also want an iso as I'm tring to keep calories as low as possible.

Just out of curiosity, how much protein are you consuming daily ? As you say you’re having trouble “hitting it”.
I consume 1.5g per lb and have 1 scoop of beyond yourself whey in a post workout shake directly after working out just because it’ll get to the muscles faster. Outside of that, whole foods make up the protein