What's new

Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Training

Thread starter #1

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Has anyone tried this method of training yet? I am meaning to try this at some point, maybe even fairly soon so I've been doing a little research. Here is an excellent video John Meadows just put out on the subject, probably the best one I have seen so far.

I’ve had adds for the straps show up in my FB feed lately. I briefly looked into it, but saw that it can cause blood clots. This troubled me as I’m on NPP and have high hemocrit as a result and have already had a minor clot in my leg not long ago. Personally I’d like to see more practical results and not just theoretical papers on it. Seems a bit like a fad.

Thread starter #3

66Chevy

Super Moderator
I’ve had adds for the straps show up in my FB feed lately. I briefly looked into it, but saw that it can cause blood clots. This troubled me as I’m on NPP and have high hemocrit as a result and have already had a minor clot in my leg not long ago. Personally I’d like to see more practical results and not just theoretical papers on it. Seems a bit like a fad.
they did mention something along those lines in the video, not sure if you watched it. I think that is why he took a brachial pulse distal to the occlusion to ensure the tourniquet wasn't too tight.

Jdave

Registered
Tried it a few times per-steroid years. Didn’t add any size- at least none noticeable to the naked eye. The feeling of the pumps was insane and bordering on painful which was cool but I didn’t experience any long term or even short term growth. When I stopped BFR which was a couple months (which I used only for biceps as they’re the smallest thing on me at the time) there was no noticeable difference

Last edited:
they did mention something along those lines in the video, not sure if you watched it. I think that is why he took a brachial pulse distal to the occlusion to ensure the tourniquet wasn't too tight.
I did not watch the video you posted as of yet, but plan to today as time allows. I can’t help but hear Dave Palumbo in my head saying “if it sounds kooky, don’t do it” lol.