What's new

Blood Pressure - accountability

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Is a silent killer and many have issue with it. Maybe this will take and make people think about it, maybe not and I stole it from another forum where people post their BP.

Today I am 119/72

What’s yours and if it’s high - work to fix it. I did two things thanks to a good friend who has knowledge in this area and I went from 140-150/170/180 to ideal.

MRX

Super Heavyweight
Great post! I feel BP needs serious attention.
Mine definitely ticked up since I started TRT
I'm generally in the high normal range, sometimes lower, sometimes higher
I feel that it is primarily triggered by emotional stress for me and secondarily, body weight.
If I stay under 180 I'm good

My BP right now is 142/79

be interested in seeing how others control it

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I feel that it is primarily triggered by emotional stress for me and secondarily, body weight.

My good friend @Bigtuna84 said to use ubiquinol first and increase the dosage so I did and slowly it came down, I also started walking. I have a partially torn meniscus so it’s hard to do proper cardio so I walk my dogs. If needed I would have started the next product arginine - forgot the name but Bigtuna will remember but I think it was arginine cardio.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

Mine was around yours and s little higher at times. Started 200 mg ubiquinol twice a day and then up to 800. Under control and now I take 200 a day. I eat a lot of garlic which may or may not help.

MRX

Super Heavyweight
Nice Goldenrod.
I will give it a shot
I'm pretty on point with diet, training, cardio year round
My dad has high BP so it may be genetic.
Either way I'm determined to control naturally

I can't use arginine as it's a known trigger for herpes ;) which I haven't had an outbreak of in years. That itself is 100% triggered by extended emotional stress. I see these things as blessings, redline detectors if you will that warn us against potential health issues in our lives that can harm us longterm if we don't pull it together

Brow1430

Super Heavyweight
I'm in the 100-110/60-70 range but I'm young and haven't started aas yet... But very soon. Something I will definitely keep an eye on.

DMCMONEY

Rookie
Is a silent killer and many have issue with it. Maybe this will take and make people think about it, maybe not and I stole it from another forum where people post their BP.

Today I am 119/72

What’s yours and if it’s high - work to fix it. I did two things thanks to a good friend who has knowledge in this area and I went from 140-150/170/180 to ideal.
This was mine the night I decided to stop my cycle, hope next one I can keep her down! Lvl it out now after being back to normal for several months.

Attachments

Brow1430

Super Heavyweight
This was mine the night I decided to stop my cycle, hope next one I can keep her down! Lvl it out now after being back to normal for several months.
I wouldn't trust that one. The diastolic is much to high to be realistic. Those are stroke numbers. It appears that was done at a pharmacy, they are notorious high and something as simple as poor arm positioning can cause a false high.

nitrous

Super Heavyweight
You need a cuff that fits your arm. There are some flex cuffs but those machines you sit in at walmart for example I wouldn't trust. A decent machine is less than $100 at costco or amazon. Well worth it.

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
You need a cuff that fits your arm. There are some flex cuffs but those machines you sit in at walmart for example I wouldn't trust. A decent machine is less than $100 at costco or amazon. Well worth it.
Couldn’t agree more on this, and for some reason the regular size cuffs always gave readings with massive fluctuations. The bigger cuffs are what you want for personal use at home.

Jdave

Official CJM Suck Baby
Mine is a bit high currently 139/something
I have to get my ass back on LISS cardio.
I just hate it. I’d rather do HIIT because it’s not boring but I really should stop being a child and get it in. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll do it as my colds are subsiding and my knees are - well they’re always acting up but fuck it.

DutchCanadian

Super Heavyweight
Nice Goldenrod.
I will give it a shot
I'm pretty on point with diet, training, cardio year round
My dad has high BP so it may be genetic.
Either way I'm determined to control naturally

I can't use arginine as it's a known trigger for herpes ;) which I haven't had an outbreak of in years. That itself is 100% triggered by extended emotional stress. I see these things as blessings, redline detectors if you will that warn us against potential health issues in our lives that can harm us longterm if we don't pull it together
Take 1000 mg lysine a day for a couple weeks you will never have a outbreak again... not that I know from experience or anything 😉

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
125/84 - taken just now home unit XL cuff

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Agreed - for $79 I got one that fits me perfect and is battery or plug in. Quality machine and I use at home when I’m sitting for 5 min first.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Take 1000 mg lysine a day for a couple weeks you will never have a outbreak again... not that I know from experience or anything 😉
Drive to the Er if that is accurate - your in hypertensive crisis. I suspect you should take three readings back to back and adjust the arm, keep feet flat on the floor, take shoes off, relax and make sure you sit there for a few min before you hit start.