What's new

Blood Pressure - accountability

MRX

Super Heavyweight
Hi @MRX - that's your best yet - congrats. I just had the same conversation on swimming with a guy on CJM. I took 3 months off weights to heal and swam at the Hotel with a small gym and poll with lines for laps for 30 minutes a day every day. Had abs and my chest and triceps got ripped. Incredible exercise for the whole body and I can swim a long distance but I only did the breast stroke. Unfortunately the pools won't open until the gym opens.
Not being able to swim has been the hardest part of this event. I usually do a couple miles of freestyle weekly.
My BF% is pretty low year round. Once lake season opens up I swim 4, 5 times a week and what's left just melts off, delts just pop.
Last summer I got hit by a boat in lake Ontario though. Ran over me at high speed. Some goof coming in too close and too fast to shore. Hit me in the head and knocked me under water. I got lucky, only had a minor concussion. People that witnessed it on shore couldn't believe I didn't die
I have to get one of those neon safety swim balloons I can drag behind me and stay closer to shore this year needless to say.
I used to really push in the open water. I would do distance swims in stormy water with 3 or 4 foot swells etc Now it's my let go. My low intensity meditative exercise. No running on flats for me.

Swimming is an extra gear in your health and fitness tool box I feel blessed to have. It's an activity you can do deep into life and quite possibly right to the end to some degree

Last edited:

LesPaul

Super Heavyweight
Hey @LesPaul - ever take your heart rate mid workout? Just curious how high it goes. when I was sparring - it was well over 100 and took a while to come back to normal. Your BP is excellent.
Thanks GR. I do have a few high readings now and again. If I come in the door right from work and test I'm hitting 150's. As I sit there and take more readings it comes down to the 120's. My best readings are right after cardio and lifting.

I've never tracked my HR when lifting. Only cardio. So today I put my Polar Fit on and did legs. Took the BP 5 mins after last set of calves.

The workout was
- Warm ups
-Hex/Trap bar ( Have not back squat since Dec when I fucked up my low back)
-extensions
-leg curls
-calves

legwo.PNG

trap.PNG

bplegs.JPG

LesPaul

Super Heavyweight
Damn That is Excellent!!
Nice to read! Thanks.

For the last 8 weeks I've been doing 15mins on the treadmill everyday except leg day. My target is the high end of fat burn ( if you believe in that theory) For my age (53) thats around 116BPM. Incline went from 2.5,3.0 and now 3.5 as I got use to it and could not hit my target BPM.

1min @ 3.0mph @ 0 degrees
13min @ 3.5mph @ 3.5 degrees
1min @3.0mph @ 0 degrees

I'm still trying to put on a little weight so my cardio is limited. This routine seems to be inline with my current goals.

LesPaul

Super Heavyweight
@Goldenrod

Question. Do you take your 200mg of ubiquinol all at once? I take 100mg in the morning but thinking of upping to 200mg. Thanks.

Goldenrod

VET
123/67 HR 62 - morning coffee in my lazy boy. I will keep it on hand but am going to stop the fish oil and ubiquinol for a month and continue to measure daily. I'm curious if it will rise. If it does, I will have the remedy in my cupboard.

Goldenrod

VET
Thanks @Goldenrod. Like you trying to be healthy at this age while playing with fire. Taking a lot of cues from @Bigtuna84 supplement posts too.
Keep at it brother - what works for me might not for you as we all have different physiology but it looks like your moving in the right direction with your BP.

Last edited: