What's new

Blood Pressure - accountability

NG_F

Super Heavyweight
Not being able to swim has been the hardest part of this event. I usually do a couple miles of freestyle weekly.
My BF% is pretty low year round. Once lake season opens up I swim 4, 5 times a week and what's left just melts off, delts just pop.
Last summer I got hit by a boat in lake Ontario though. Ran over me at high speed. Some goof coming in too close and too fast to shore. Hit me in the head and knocked me under water. I got lucky, only had a minor concussion. People that witnessed it on shore couldn't believe I didn't die
I have to get one of those neon safety swim balloons I can drag behind me and stay closer to shore this year needless to say.
I used to really push in the open water. I would do distance swims in stormy water with 3 or 4 foot swells etc Now it's my let go. My low intensity meditative exercise. No running on flats for me.

Swimming is an extra gear in your health and fitness tool box I feel blessed to have. It's an activity you can do deep into life and quite possibly right to the end to some degree
Holy Shit Bro!! I'm so Happy to see you're alright for the most part! I actively study concussions, TBI, CTE in sports as well.
You must have strong neck muscles or a hard head lol. I too engage in long-range swimming to strengthen my cardio. It's the best exercise, as you're utilizing every muscle group and the water channels resistance via efficient mechanism of action, circumventing around your injuries!

I like underwater as well , to expand my lung capacity.

Yes get some swimming balloons and be careful. I'm glad you're still with us (y)

MRX

Super Heavyweight
Holy Shit Bro!! I'm so Happy to see you're alright for the most part! I actively study concussions, TBI, CTE in sports as well.
You must have strong neck muscles or a hard head lol. I too engage in long-range swimming to strengthen my cardio. It's the best exercise, as you're utilizing every muscle group and the water channels resistance via efficient mechanism of action, circumventing around your injuries!

I like underwater as well , to expand my lung capacity.

Yes get some swimming balloons and be careful. I'm glad you're still with us (y)
Thanks brother

I just got lucky on the angle he hit me.
I had literally just had turned back from a point to empty my gas tank for the last 400 and he ran me over from behind.
I was more pissed than anything that this goof messed up my swim and I had to swim ashore
People were like wtf you okay man?
I'm hard to kill

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I'm happy with where I'm at
Hey @MRX - looks like your getting the BP in the right direction. It isn't ideal but I recall you saying its always been high plus your resting HR is low which is good. I just read the part about getting hit in the head - your lucky it was only a minor concussion.

Reactions: MRX

Baggalo

Rookie
Your BP is excellent too - I don't know if your taking any gear but regardless, that is excellent.
It varies, sometimes higher, oddly its range has never changed that much even when I was much heavier, but there were a lot of other awful feeling effects from that

Not on anything at moment, but found the low-dose TRT had even effect on making heart beat more "steady"

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
First reading 135/63 HR 62
Second reading 125/65 HR 63
Bit of a stressful time right with an injured dog so I have a feeling my BP is being negatively impacted by that issue. No matter how strong a person is its hard to carry a 125 lb dog that is squealing and wiggling around down stairs. My protection dog won't be protecting the house for a bit.

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
119/80. 79bpm

side-note:

Was pondering my up-coming first cycle since i stopped self trt n started script TrT along with dealing with my long-time high BP. I was put on Viacoram bp med year n bit ago.

My goal was to get off the meds with life-style changes / more care with cycling kinda deal. Ive went down in dosage of the med from what i needed at first but not off-totally yet. I still have more work to do personally in my day/life structure to achieve this. We ll see...

Anyway my option was lower test along with either EQ or Primo. Been afew good thread last while on EQ n such. Anyway on pondering things , i dont think i deserve an EQ summer cycle while iam talking BP meds. It would mean iam not learnin anything. Iam gonna run me a nice Primo cycle this summer keep workin on gettin my heart healthy. Also see what 200-300mg test/week does in regards to my bp#s

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
119/80. 79bpm

side-note:

Was pondering my up-coming first cycle since i stopped self trt n started script TrT along with dealing with my long-time high BP. I was put on Viacoram bp med year n bit ago.

My goal was to get off the meds with life-style changes / more care with cycling kinda deal. Ive went down in dosage of the med from what i needed at first but not off-totally yet. I still have more work to do personally in my day/life structure to achieve this. We ll see...

Anyway my option was lower test along with either EQ or Primo. Been afew good thread last while on EQ n such. Anyway on pondering things , i dont think i deserve an EQ summer cycle while iam talking BP meds. It would mean iam not learnin anything. Iam gonna run me a nice Primo cycle this summer keep workin on gettin my heart healthy. Also see what 200-300mg test/week does in regards to my bp#s
sounds like a good idea and please let us know. Your BP looks great. Good luck trying this out.