What's new

Blood Pressure - accountability

Jestopherson

Super Heavyweight
I don't know anything about that brand. I put it snug on my arm but not tight, click the button and yes it gets tight but it doesn't hurt but definitely tight. I have never seen one with a metal rod. I see the purpose for it to keep the cuff from bucking up but I don't have a bar and it never gets buckled up. The velcro holds it in position.
That rod may somehow become snapped in half in the near future..

Vermillion

Rookie
Ideally, measure 3 times in a dark room, average those 3 measurements. Take first measurement of 3 only after you've been sitting for a few min and are relaxed mentally and physically. Make sure arm is at heart level and supported. No tension should be in your arms. Do NOT cross your legs. Do make sure that your legs are supported. Make sure your bladder is empty. Don't measure it when your emotions are high. Measure it before stimulants like caffeine. Measure it the same time every day. Sleep is very important for blood pressure.

Cuff tightness should be such that you can slip one finger under the cuff.

If your cuff has markings those are helpful in determining if you have the right size. You may need a larger BP cuff as you (and probably a lot of people on this forum) are quite a bit bigger than the average person.

A tight one will artificially raise readings. Usually there is an 'index' mark that should (1) align with your brachial artery and (2) be within the 'range' markings on the other side of the cuff.

1602887906685.png

To find your brachial artery, press hard on the short head of your biceps brachii muscle - find where the pulse is. Or just look guides up online, it's pretty easy to find if you're lean.

Diastolic blood pressure is controversial in terms of significance. Systolic blood pressure has ramifications for cardiovascular and renal health long term. If you have a consistent blood pressure greater than 180 systolic and/or 120 diastolic, seek medical attention urgently. If you have consistent blood pressure greater than 220 systolic and/or 120 diastolic, go to the emergency department. Use common sense, if you're stressed, and have a high bp, measure again when you're not stressed. Every trip to a healthcare facility has risks of contracting COVID.

None of the above is medical advice, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
I am seriously struggling to get the cuff tightness right.

I tried 3x 5 minutes apart after sitting for 10.

First was 163/80, 2nd 141/73, 3rd 171/87.

Every cuff I've gotten has a steel guide bar in it that stops it from conforming to my arm. 1 side is extremely tight. The other I can fit 4 fingers easy

At the risk of sounding like an idiot. Any advice monsters?
Some good advice already...

I've got a bar on my cuff too , and it is the shits to strap in good.

Make sure u have at least an XL cuff if ur bigger in the arms. I out-stretch my arm , slide the cuff up than take my time to 'tuck in' the cuff on all angles of tube/direction/position plus having that bar parallel with ur upper arm....all balancing , than slowly pull the strap up around the arm trying to keep steady pressure so the material doesn't slip up the side of the bar so than ur machine says ERROR when pumping up 😆

Ya no way around it...its bs 🤷‍♂️ Taking the time plus not rushing a reading helps all around.

Definitely should be looking into that slip on
non-bar bp cuff that GR is talken about 👌

Goldenrod

VET
Ideally, measure 3 times in a dark room, average those 3 measurements. Take first measurement of 3 only after you've been sitting for a few min and are relaxed mentally and physically. Make sure arm is at heart level and supported. No tension should be in your arms. Do NOT cross your legs. Do make sure that your legs are supported. Make sure your bladder is empty. Don't measure it when your emotions are high. Measure it before stimulants like caffeine (or cocaine if that's your style). Measure it the same time every day. Sleep is very important for blood pressure.

Cuff tightness should be such that you can slip one finger under the cuff.

If your cuff has markings those are helpful in determining if you have the right size. You may need a larger BP cuff as you (and probably a lot of people on this forum) are quite a bit bigger than the average person.

A tight one will artificially raise readings. Usually there is an 'index' mark that should (1) align with your brachial artery and (2) be within the 'range' markings on the other side of the cuff.

View attachment 17715

To find your brachial artery, press hard on the short head of your biceps brachii muscle - find where the pulse is. Or just look guides up online, it's pretty easy to find if you're lean.

Diastolic blood pressure is controversial in terms of significance. Systolic blood pressure has ramifications for cardiovascular and renal health long term. If you have a consistent blood pressure greater than 180 systolic and/or 120 diastolic, seek medical attention urgently. If you have consistent blood pressure greater than 220 systolic and/or 120 diastolic, go to the emergency department. Use common sense, if you're stressed, and have a high bp, measure again when you're not stressed. Every trip to a healthcare facility has risks of contracting COVID.

None of the above is medical advice, just my opinion.
Hi,

this forum does not talk about recreational drugs. I know you just mentioned it in passing so I'm sure no harm but it is a rule and mods/admin may get annoyed if they see this. I would remove it / edit it if I was you.

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
taking your med again? Your BP is improving.
No I posted awhile back , but off the Var from the summer blast now. Its seems with my own body particulars , Anavar raises up my bp ive found 🤷‍♂️

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
Been off the Var full week. Also few weeks ago went back to my 100mg/week script for up-coming yrly bloods. Looking forward to throwing back in the Primo at 200mg (affliction😉) to my TrT for the next yr!!

Think next summer I'll reminisce with my fan favorite winni for my blast(8 weeks of winni) , see how that affects my bp. With my personal ticker stuff , plus I'm 47 now , the Var did raise my bp up so its retired now.

Also could mean I'm down to just primo/mast for blasts (with 200-250mg test) which is just fine with me , its been a great summer!! At 18 and my first test-suspension cycle, if I looked at my cycle this summer , I wouldn't of bought in , but times have changed for the better 👊
(Admittedly way too late but such is life😄)

View attachment 17479
Edit: spellin

rated_rko

Super Heavyweight
what blood pressure machine do you recommend for price and quality? looking to grab one