But i want to this time i just dont know what to do
Like walk in to emerge and say im on gear please check my blood
Like i dont want to do that
The docs will rat me out or im scared of it
And they prob wont help me
So how do i get this done

PoPo

Registered
Who are they going to rat you out to? Your parents? Either be honest with them or make up a lie, either way it's quite straightforward asking a doctor for a blood work requisition form. If you don't feel comfortable discussing steroids then ask for heart health or liver health, then check off the boxes of the tests you want done once you've got the form. It's not the most ethical way but it sounds like you are "scared".

S2KG

Registered
I recently went through this, had to go to two separate clinics before I met a guy I liked. First thing I noticed is that the doc will ask you a thousand and one questions. "I don't usually order bloods for someone I don't know" Why do you want blood work, past history ETC ETC. I made the mistake of telling him I had a family doctor, obviously he thought it was strange that I wasn't going to him. I told him the doc was deep south and to far away for me to visit him regularly. He made the request to get bloods but set it up so the results would go to my family doc and my family doc would have to take over. I tore up the paper after I left...

Second clinic the doc was the same way, asking lots of questions. My plan was to just state I want bloods for an annual physical, I want to thoroughly check everything out. He seemed very accommodating and open, I was not able to lie to him... Big thing about me, I just can't be dishonest. When he asked if I've ever taken AAS I told him yes, I then told him I'm self TRTing and require bloods to ensure I'm doing this safely. He had a quick speal about how the health care system is free, it shouldn't be abused ETC but was happy to grant my request. Asked to see me for a 30 minute session once blood results are in.

Just be prepared for lots of questions, have answers for them. Decide if you want to tell a white lie "Be adamant that your wanting bloods for an annual physical ETC" Or just be straight fourth and honest. If you tell a white lie, the doc will KNOW you were not honest with him once the results come back in. Doubtful he will meet with you again after that thus you'll need to find another clinic. It's a bit of a pain, but we HAVE to do this to stay healthy and safe.

I'm not sure how my next appointment will go, we will see... At the very least I'll have full bloods to ensure I'm not dying or anything, I'll know where E2 levels are at and how I should adjust my Ai dose going forward ETC.

Docs are not going to "Rat you out" the worst they'll do is refuse you due to the fact that they feel you are "Abusing the health care system" BUT it's not that black or white. You've chosen to do something and now you want to ensure your doing it safely whilst monitoring your health, most docs should be accommodating to that extent.

noahzark

Registered
Our Healthcare system certainly isn't free. You lay taxes you pay msp premiums you pay into a Healthcare plan none of that is free. Bottom line is we are all adults and have the choice to put whatever we want into our bodies. A logical decent and mature doctor realizes this and would rather help you out . The other 80% will prefer to use their status power judgements etc.and give you a scolding throw in a couple looks of disdain and refuse service lol. Good for them find a decent doctor they are out there. I believe we also have the option of just paying for the blood tests and they aren't that expensive. So if the difference is paying a hundred or 2 bucks between me and a doctor to get bloods most doctors can go fk themselves. The difference between good doctors and assholes has nothing to do with policy or laws or regulations the difference is just personality and character. That's why there are a bunch if doctors that will talk to you and pretty much help you with anything they can and then there's the other ones and they are just being dicks and I'm pretty sure they would be that way even if they weren't a doctor.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. Very helpful!
Just had a conversation about this today with my gp.

I have yet to look around on other threads but am also looking for more information on other bloodwork to follow such as
Liver enzymes
Test levels
Estrogen levels

Can you guys add any other metrics you think are important to monitor while cycling?

n00b

Registered
Good stuff. Hopefully when I get some time, I can append to this body of info on serum levels for test, progesterone, estradiol /e2, healthy p/e2 ratios, igf, hgh , t3 serum levels etc.