What's new

Bone Broth Protein: Yah or Nah? (article, new product)

I also add bone broth when making rice sometimes or add it to home made soup. The stuff is delicious! Every year I buy a full cow and ask for the bones so my wife can make broth with them. A friend of mine also gets a cow as well and he couldnt care less about the bones so I get him to grab them for me. The nutritional benefits are amazing!

Goldenrod

Registered
You know I get asked at work all the time. I should make some.
Morning @Sorbate - that company has done well for themselves. I know the owner and he just started selling to grocery stores and other provinces. Hoping to sell to the US in the future.
Quick and easy / health related products are all the rave right now. This happens to be one that tastes great so I hope they make a run of it.

anyone have a good recipes on how to create some good bone broth ? or is it as simple as bowling a few beef bones until they're clean and then make a soup or something ?

anyone have a good recipes on how to create some good bone broth ? or is it as simple as bowling a few beef bones until they're clean and then make a soup or something ?
My wife just throws the bones in the slow cooker with some water and cooks it on low for 12 hours.

Edit - I should add that when its done I separate it into jars and eventually add it to certain meals throughout the span of a few weeks

Last edited:
For whatever reason the wife slow cooks her batches at least one full day , if not up to 48 hrs or more it seems sumtimes. also see her adding abit of water as it goes down time to time
Ive seen my wife go up to 24 hours as well but maybe its because Ive been impatient that she cut the time down lol. Ill def mention to her about going up to 48 hours! Seems like a good idea to make sure you get all the benefits from the bones

Sorbate

Registered
Morning @Sorbate - that company has done well for themselves. I know the owner and he just started selling to grocery stores and other provinces. Hoping to sell to the US in the future.
Quick and easy / health related products are all the rave right now. This happens to be one that tastes great so I hope they make a run of it.
What is the companies name. Maybe I’ll do some research, look at their marketing.

Testbear

Registered
For whatever reason the wife slow cooks her batches at least one full day , if not up to 48 hrs or more it seems sumtimes. also see her adding abit of water as it goes down time to time
when it comes to bones, the longer the better. atleast this is what my babushka always taught me. i never dared question her methods

babka.jpg

Testbear

Registered
Holy fuck..... lol!

Babcia has seen some shit in her life!
Well my real life babka in Slovakia,
Drinking a in the morning, thinks her dead husband is a seagul and talks to the reincarnated bugs on her tomatoe plants. So yes. Babushka has seen some shit my friend lol.

And oh ya her thyroid is burnt to shit. We r pretty sure she has cancer. And she smokes a pack a die. Yet is 80 and going strong. Hope I have some of those babuska genes in my system lmao

As a non dairy consumer always looking for alternatives to plant protein but too expensive. And I’m usually not price sensitive but when I can eat bison and elk for way less than bone broth protein even I say no

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Well my real life babka in Slovakia,
Drinking a in the morning, thinks her dead husband is a seagul and talks to the reincarnated bugs on her tomatoe plants. So yes. Babushka has seen some shit my friend lol.

And oh ya her thyroid is burnt to shit. We r pretty sure she has cancer. And she smokes a pack a die. Yet is 80 and going strong. Hope I have some of those babuska genes in my system lmao
Ahhhh..... good old eastern euro genes.... can’t die if you won’t let yourself lol!!!

Mnemonic

Registered
Do you guys cook the bones long enough to drain/dissolve the marrow into the broth? Or just the flavored broth and separate marrow?
Kinda thinking about sous-vide immersion circulating some bones for like two days, haven't looked up a recipe yet just curious.