What's new

Bpc 157 for organ protection? Specifically the liver.

Goldenrod

Rookie

Anyone who read my liver enzymes and 2.0 posts knows I have mild fatty liver and my GGT blood test has been raised for years - 2-5years as I’m terrible with time but can check my blood tests. It is elevated every time - no exceptions. Mono attacked my liver for months and created fatty infiltrates.
GGT is an indication your liver is under stress at that moment - I don’t drink (rarely) and don’t take any liver toxic medications. All tests over the past years were done while I was 100% gear free.
I have been dealing with injuries and with different degrees of success, have been taking BPC fairly regularly for 4-5 months rotated by Injury site.
I started UGL TRT, added in Primo, and GH - all staggered and as such wanted three liver tests to ensure no issues. Much to my surprise my liver is healthier than ever - no enzymes elevated and GGT is back in the normal middle range.
The catch is - I did more reading on fatty liver and added in a few items, ginger and licorice, inositol and choline, and per @Bigtuna84 - digestive enzymes all prior to starting gear again. Common sense - these supplements are helping my liver?
To the point - I read a few hours last night and found a lot of info (on animals) about BPC’s ability to protect the liver and other organs from toxins and enhance healing.
So, now I’m F’ed - I don’t know which it is so I will start a new test. Drop the supplements and keep using the BPC and run another liver panel.

I’m just writing as I think as I find some of this info interesting.

bebeav

Rookie
Do you think BPC could be better than Tudca when using oral, from the reading you've done?

Goldenrod

Rookie
Do you think BPC could be better than Tudca when using oral, from the reading you've done?
Hard to say as all BPC is animal studies and UDCA is human studies. In theory yes.
I read extensively on UDCA/tudca and while I see value in it, I am not finding much information indicating it has major protective properties. I posted before asking if someone would post a study showing it was used in animals given a known liver toxic substance and it protected the liver - no responses. It is used to reduce liver enzymes for specific liver disorders but in the case of an oral - you don’t have a liver disorder, you have a potentially toxic substance in your system. For example - there are lots of cases of superdrol putting people in the ER with serious liver issues. I could find the stats but don’t have it right now.
I don’t believe in using one substance as you want antioxidant, ant-inflammatory properties and hopefully a product that will constantly increase your glutathione (NAC). Sam-e is s must for me and if I had one to pick, it old be this. This is prior to my ‘pondering’ how the hell my liver had vast improvements in just one month.
I am running tests and have scrip type UDCA from INNO and Will run stand alone for a month with some gear and post my liver test results.
While we are the topic - I don’t understand why people who take known liver toxic substances talk about post liver support. You need the protection during the cycle and if your liver enzymes are still raised, after as well.
That is a long answer but the potential mechanisms of liver injury are many.
Before I would endorse, and I’m no expert, BPC for liver protection I have to be a guinea pig on myself.

bebeav

Rookie
Thanks! Let us know how bpc work for you when you'll get bloods done on it.

Goldenrod

Rookie
Thanks! Let us know how bpc work for you when you'll get bloods done on it.
I will stop the three or four supplements I attributed to my improvement and continue with BPC, give it a month and run a full liver panel again. I will post.