What's new

BPC 157 - Ingesting or Injecting?

I will be doing a longer run of BPC 157 for the sole reason of healing my gut. From a lifetime of antibiotics (on and off). Over use of NSAIDs and a few other things.

I understand that if I was trying to heal an injury that I would be injecting subq, but for the purpose that I am aiming at would it benefit me to ingest the BPC rather than inject it? I am unsure of this and have read opposing things online.

I would love to hear some feedback. I was planning on starting at 250mcg X 2 a day and possibly upping from there. What dose would you guys run it at for my intentions? Is this too low? What duration would you run it for? Originally I was aiming at 8 weeks but I will gladly extend it if recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Goldenrod

Rookie
Regardless of what it is for - sub c injections are the way to go. Some may argue but I believe you will absorb all of it this way and will heal the area needed.
I was dealing with several injuries so I used 1000 a day and will most likely run it for 6 months minimum. From what I read I couldn’t find any negative sides and mostly the opposite - good for more than just injuries and stomach issues.
Not s doc, no formal training but will be going down to 250 mcg daily soon as most all injuries are healed.
What specifically is wrong with gut?
Best of luck GR

Goldenrod

Rookie
You can go with a healthy dose of probiotics to replenish your gut flora -
Everything starts with digestion so your suggestion is bang on @CurtisP and one of my favourite is wobenzyme but I just recently switched to a new brand name - think life extensions but i’m not home so I can’t check the fridge for the name.
I think the first question is what is wrong with your gut - lack of enzymes due to antibiotics, acid reflux, etc.?
Regardless probiotics are important and a great suggestion.

Regardless of what it is for - sub c injections are the way to go. Some may argue but I believe you will absorb all of it this way and will heal the area needed.
I was dealing with several injuries so I used 1000 a day and will most likely run it for 6 months minimum. From what I read I couldn’t find any negative sides and mostly the opposite - good for more than just injuries and stomach issues.
Not s doc, no formal training but will be going down to 250 mcg daily soon as most all injuries are healed.
What specifically is wrong with gut?
Best of luck GR

Thanks for the info @Goldenrod . I will start my initial dose a bit higher than originally planned, I will stick to subq and I will run it much longer than 8 weeks.

The issues I have with my stomach are... some pretty bad ulcers... shitty immune system... and another thing that I touched on in another thread is the condition I have with my scalp. Ive learned through trial and error over the years that it is directly tied to the health of my stomach. Basically if I take one dose of an anti inflammatory or eat anything with processed sugar my scalp flares up really bad within 24 hours. Ive gotten it to the point where it is roughly 90% the best its ever been... but I cant seem to get rid of it completely.

As far back as I can remember I was on antibiotics a few times a year. Was always taking NSAIDs and had a bad drug and alcohol problem in the past. Ive been sober almost 10 years now but I feel there has been a lot of damage done that is slowly getting better with time but I was going to give the BPC a run to help things out. As of right now I am taking a probiotic @CurtisP . Morning and Night. The one Im taking now is Natures Way Primadophilus Optima 100 Billion. I also take a supplement called Restore that I touched on as well and I eat sauerkraut 2-3 times a day. Anything else you guys feel I could add to help please let me know.

I eat very clean. I havnt had a piece of chocolate, chips, candy or anything bad like that in quite awhile. Im doing the things necessary to heal my stomach from all the damage but unfortunately I still have a ways to go. No matter what... when its flu/cold season I ALWAYS get sick. When I started that Restore it had postponed me getting sick (I originally thought it was enough to prevent it but I was wrong).. I still ended up getting sick and it lasts for 1-2 weeks everytime. The more I read about gut health the more I realise your immune system depends on it.

I understand that things take time and Im taking the necessary steps to heal my gut from many many years of trauma but after reading about BPC and having a few members on here mention the benefits of it... I figured I would run it for a better amount of time to see if it would help.

Thanks guys

Figured Id post this up.. clearly I dont notice much of a difference with my gut so far. Not better not worse. But I have not been on it long.

One thing that blew my mind was.. I ended up with a small gash on the bridge of my nose. Normally it takes a solid 2+ weeks to heal up nice but this time while being on BPC it was healed within 4-5ish days! I couldnt believe it. Ive never experience BPC with healing a cut like that and I knew it was a potent peptide but I am truly even more impressed with it than before.

Thanks @Goldenrod for recommending 500mcg X2 a day. Its what Ive been doing and enjoying the dose so far. Aiming to do a solid 6 months as suggested as well.

Vypuh

Rookie
I've been reading on bpc, seems super beneficial and not too bad of sides from the things I've read on it, definitely gonna keep reading.

Goldenrod

Rookie
Figured Id post this up.. clearly I dont notice much of a difference with my gut so far. Not better not worse. But I have not been on it long.

One thing that blew my mind was.. I ended up with a small gash on the bridge of my nose. Normally it takes a solid 2+ weeks to heal up nice but this time while being on BPC it was healed within 4-5ish days! I couldnt believe it. Ive never experience BPC with healing a cut like that and I knew it was a potent peptide but I am truly even more impressed with it than before.

Thanks @Goldenrod for recommending 500mcg X2 a day. Its what Ive been doing and enjoying the dose so far. Aiming to do a solid 6 months as suggested as well.
juat my opinion but even if taking for stomach issues I would inject with a slin pin. There is some question on the bioavailability and all the studies I read were from injections. Some people will prefer oral right to the stomach. The stuff healed my year plus Achilles’ tendon pain from a 3-4 on the pain scale to I don’t have an issue at all. If it works it works well. All this being said - hard to know long term effects but it appears to be a safer peptide considering what it is made of.
take care
GR

juat my opinion but even if taking for stomach issues I would inject with a slin pin. There is some question on the bioavailability and all the studies I read were from injections. Some people will prefer oral right to the stomach. The stuff healed my year plus Achilles’ tendon pain from a 3-4 on the pain scale to I don’t have an issue at all. If it works it works well. All this being said - hard to know long term effects but it appears to be a safer peptide considering what it is made of.
take care
GR
Re read our previous posts GR. I am injecting with a slin pin...... My original question was if I should inject or ingest. You recommended injecting and I responded saying that I will be sticking to subq INJECTIONS with a slin pin twice daily. My most recent post was talking about how it healed the gash on the bridge of my nose much quicker than normal.....

Goldenrod

Rookie
Re read our previous posts GR. I am injecting with a slin pin...... My original question was if I should inject or ingest. You recommended injecting and I responded saying that I will be sticking to subq INJECTIONS with a slin pin twice daily. My most recent post was talking about how it healed the gash on the bridge of my nose much quicker than normal.....
yes, I read that and that is great. Amazing stuff when it works.