What's new

Burlington Steroid bust (CAN)

xpac2

VET
Gotta admit this wasnt the first name I thought of when I heard of a bust in Burlington

The Halton Regional Police Service made an arrest Tuesday in relation to a steroid trafficking investigation in Burlington.

The month-long investigation led to the arrest of 35-year-old Shane Jooris.

The Burlington-native is facing the following charges:

• Trafficking in a Controlled Substance (Steroids) - x2
  • Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance (Steroids)
A police raid of a Burlington residence led to the seizure of 31 different “steroids and medications used for bodybuilding” with a street value of $20,230.

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
I read another article on this. Sounds more like the guy was doing in person sales. Unfortunate, looks to be a family man and ex hockey player.

eddie777

Rookie
This is 2 blocks from where I live lol. A lot of back story to this I hear

Reactions: St

BC

Administrator
The person arrested was selling to some very young individuals. The parents of one of those individuals found their son's AAS and subsequently grabbed his phone to find out where he was procuring such a substance. The parent(s) took that phone to the RCMP and the investigation was launched thereafter. Shane was seen selling to numerous people and the arrest took place following that.

Interesting to see where this goes, or if the people attached to IP start using some level of discretion with how they conduct themselves. Selling to a very young demographic, soliciting via Facebook and Instagram, etc. Perhaps this will serve as a wake up call to some "heavy" individuals.

xpac2

VET
The person arrested was selling to some very young individuals. The parents of one of those individuals found their son's AAS and subsequently grabbed his phone to find out where he was procuring such a substance. The parent(s) took that phone to the RCMP and the investigation was launched thereafter. Shane was seen selling to numerous people and the arrest took place following that.

Interesting to see where this goes, or if the people attached to IP start using some level of discretion with how they conduct themselves. Selling to a very young demographic, soliciting via Facebook and Instagram, etc. Perhaps this will serve as a wake up call to some "heavy" individuals.
If I were one of people attached to IP I would cool it for a while as they are surely under surveillance right now..But I doubt that will happen

PacMan

Seasoned VET
If I were one of people attached to IP I would cool it for a while as they are surely under surveillance right now..But I doubt that will happen
Common sense would prevail here, but look at whom is involved. Everything they do is flash and dash, and plastered all over Social Media. They feel that they are untouchable IMO...

- PacMan