What's new

Buying online?

WatchWho

Super Heavyweight
But in all seriousness. It really depends. There are good sources out there. And they are online. But... even good sources can become bad sources without warning (look up the term “exit scam”). Bottom line... You’ll have to do your research. Be diligent, be patient, and you’ll find it.

cheers

wannagetbigger

Middleweight
I bought online. It means from websites OR found source from online and communicating/ transacting via email.

The whole process is like putting puzzle pieces together.

You have to know what you need and then you ARE GOING to find the right pieces that fits your final picture. Most of the concerns are price, quality, brand, reputation and accessibility.

Based on the responses, you will find people against or favor for online purchases. It is somewhat like buying shoes online but with no refund or return. The first couple of times will be a hit or miss but once you know your size for that brand, you will get what you want consistently.

Also, you might be tempted to hoard the stuff, but I think the moment you have you will want to use it. That is why you have to know what you want first so you also put some control to yourself.

Jestopherson

Juicy Junior
Similar experience to @CurtisP and @Rubicon500 . Except mine was from a rep(I've bought from both a rep and website) where I received a duplicate order by mistake. Got the option to keep and pay half off. Or send back and essentially earn credit/trust. Over all it was pain free experience. I personally prefer dealing with reps. As you can contact and discuss first hand. As well as you can develop a relationship.

preveda

Rookie
This is not a source board. Do not discuss sources in any way, shape or form.
I’ve bought gear online before. There are some good online sources. Everyone has to start somewhere, not everyone just has a reps email. Just do your research on where your buying from and be very thorough and you should be ok.
I keep seeing talk about reps and I keep wondering “how does one meet a rep”. I appreciate you’re recognizing we all need to start somewhere! While this isn’t a source board it’s certainly hard for newbies to break in if they don’t have any contacts yet.

Jestopherson

Juicy Junior
I keep seeing talk about reps and I keep wondering “how does one meet a rep”. I appreciate you’re recognizing we all need to start somewhere! While this isn’t a source board it’s certainly hard for newbies to break in if they don’t have any contacts yet.
You put time in. And research. Eventually somewhere, somehow you'll stumble upon the means to procure gear. But asking on a place that doesn't allow it isnt a good way to increase those odds.

No one gave me a source or access to a rep. I put a shit ton of hours in. Why shouldnt every other "newbie" have to do the same?