What's new

Chest inflammation

Thread starter #1

Clutch440

Registered
Hey guys just started a cycle of test e 250 x 2 a week, the day after my first shot i felt something off in my chest went and got it checked out vitals were all good so left. Feeling continued for a week off and on went back to get it fully checked out dr said there was inflammation in my chest just wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation and what they did ?

Gass222

Registered
Welcome to the board! Can’t say I’ve herd of this. But maybe some of the vets can chime in .

What kind of inflammation? Meaning, where in the chest? How much? Lumps or just all of the chest? Did you inject the chest? Is it like a pimple? Or a watery huge sack? More details.

Thread starter #5

Clutch440

Registered
Pinned in the glutes no lumps or signs of infection , dr said it was in the chest wall on the left side thought it was my heart thus the trip to the dr. There was a fair amount of pain came in waves and was higher when i did physical activity

What are his treatment recommendations? Is this a mechanical issue or random swelling? It would be a long shot but if you got a blood infection from your shot (like injecting through a poo particle and through/into a blood vessel) you could get encephalitis and die so....the doc just said he thinks it's your heart have a nice day??

Thread starter #7

Clutch440

Registered
Her recommendation was to stop taking the test e and to take some advil to help reduce the inflammation. Said it wasnt my heart that it looked healthy that it was the chest wall that was inflammed, seemed to be a random event but timing seemed to point to the shot

Likely unrelated. (Some pre-existing condition of infection that just happened to appear at this time)

But you may want to follow the doc’s advice and discontinue use of the test for now. Take something for the swelling and let it pass.
Then start your test again. If the issue comes back either you have an allergy to the carrier oil or solvent, or you got a dirty batch.

If it doesn’t then it was an isolated incident (either unrelated infection or you had poor sanitary injection protocol) and you’ll good to go.

Thread starter #9

Clutch440

Registered
Been a week since my last shot and chest is feeling almost back to normal , was thinking along the same lines let it fully go away then try again maybe a diff vial (my order came in 2 separate orders with diff exp dates) , as for injection protocol i am very careful to insure cleanliness its the easiest way to make sure there is less of a chance that something goes wrong

Mnemonic

Registered
You should have got her to treat you without mentioning the injection or steroids...
I feel like you impaired her judgement by mentioning that and she wouldn't accept anything other than the boogeyman.

You shouldn't be experiencing "inflammation"in your chest following a glute shot.... Unless you had an allergic reaction to the carrier oil, but I imagine you'd notice more than your inflammation on your chest.

What does inflammation in/on your chest mean anyway? Is there a rash? What does "Inflammation in the chest wall on the left side" mean? I am so confused.

CurtisP

Registered
I have threaded a vein before (delt shot) and had my chest really tighten up/cough up a lung for a few minutes. That seems like a long shot in your instance though

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
True story time.
In '96, I felt a spot of pain in my back. It was deep, like inside my chest, and worsened over a few days. Went to the doc. He called it pleurisy or pleuritis, recommended nsaids, come back if it doesn't clear up. X-rays were clear.
A week later, I was in bad shape. Hard to breathe, irregular pulse. Went back to the doc. In a week, my chest X-ray had gone from clear to very cloudy. He commanded me to go directly the ER, and called a thoracic surgeon to meet me there. I had a pleural effusion; fluid had collected in my chest cavity, not in the lungs but around them. On top of that, it all had gotten infected. They had to go in and suck all that out, even having to scrape bacteria from the outside of my lungs and inner chest walls.
I've had numerous injuries that required surgery, not to mention open heart surgery. I know some about pain, but make no mistake... I have never hurt like that before or since. Not even close.

Thread starter #13

Clutch440

Registered
No rash or anything like that, left peck was visually a litttle swollen and there was a tight, medium to sharp pain in the left side of the chest that was made worse by physical activity but not caused strictly by it. Dr did x rays and blood work both came back clean

Mnemonic

Registered
I am not sure how a first shot in the glutes relates to a swollen pec or chest pain.

Maybe an allergic reaction could cause this? But I am certain you'd notice other sides and more swelling/rashes.

Start doctoring yourself and google what could cause sudden symptoms you have or had with your chest.
Ultimately your health is your number one priority, just seems annoying to drop a cycle after your first week.
Maybe you can confirm what was in the vial and get some allergy testing done?

Sorbate

Registered
No rash or anything like that, left peck was visually a litttle swollen and there was a tight, medium to sharp pain in the left side of the chest that was made worse by physical activity but not caused strictly by it. Dr did x rays and blood work both came back clean
Ok, physical activity like if you peddled hard on the bike, or if you flexed the chest?
Was it in the pec muscle itself?

I’m thinking you might have micro tore your chest muscle? Or maybe had a bad muscle cramp.
If blood came back clean then you likely didn’t gave an infection, because that would have came up in bloodwork.

Thread starter #16

Clutch440

Registered
If the chest flexed in any sort of way is when the pain increased, doing cardio did affect it a bit but nothing to significant, ive never been allergic to anything before but it could be possible , have any idea where i could get the vial tested ?

Sorbate

Registered
If the chest flexed in any sort of way is when the pain increased, doing cardio did affect it a bit but nothing to significant, ive never been allergic to anything before but it could be possible , have any idea where i could get the vial tested ?
Is it in the muscle? Does it feel like it’s in the muscle? So even if you do cardio your movement and breathing is making you move your pec muscle?
You see what I’m getting at?

Mnemonic

Registered
I was referring to you getting tested, not the vial. You ask your rep what the carrier oil is, to test your allergic response to it.

I think Sorbate is on to something, perhaps you got an injury you weren't aware of?

Thread starter #19

Clutch440

Registered
I see what your saying its possible that it just happened to appear the morning after shot , trained back and biceps the night before possible that something got strained

Goldenrod

Registered
A friend went to the ER thinking they were having a heart attack, it was a major back muscle spasm that was pulling on his chest muscles. His words - I wasn’t there.
If it is a muscle strain - robaxin should help, a glute shot should not affect your left chest. If it was an infection - your white blood cells would have been elevated in the blood work- most likely.
I’ve had weird shit happen to me in my life and docs could never explain it and it just went away. That being said, go to a doctor again if it comes back and don’t mention the test.
Best of luck - cheers.