What's new

COVID-56

Kdawg

Heavyweight
My progress since COVID started. Lost 56 lbs. finally decided it was time to get my diet in order. Only drug is my prescribed TRT dose of 100mg a week. Actual weight loss only took 4 months to lose 56lbs. Just maintaining at this weight 222lbs to 166lbs for last 4 months or so. 5’9. Going to do a small blast starting in may for summer where I bump my TRT dose to 200mg and add small dose of 300mg a week mast for 16 weeks. I know small doses but I’m looking for least sides and just to stay relatively healthy now.A26E404A-F7BE-44A4-8C3A-FDFEA6638BB8.jpeg

Anya

Super Heavyweight
Looking great and you can definitely tell all the hard work you did. I like how you took something negative as Covid and you made it in to positive by create better version of yourself definitely inspiring.

Kdawg

Heavyweight
Awesome work brother!!!
Thanks! Wishing I didn’t have a genetically awkward lower chest. Wish it was a little more round haha. Also I’m still hoping some of the loose skin near the bottom tightens up a bit more.

Deadliftaddict

Super Heavyweight
Thanks! Wishing I didn’t have a genetically awkward lower chest. Wish it was a little more round haha. Also I’m still hoping some of the loose skin near the bottom tightens up a bit more.
haha I feel you on the chest, hardest body part for me to get looking good.

the skin at the bottom looks like it’ll tighten up over time. I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on Mast, keep up the good work!

Ryu82

Rookie
Nice job man. The effort you put in shines through, moreso given that you did that in 4 months during all this shit. Any chance to post up a sample of your diet and training protocol?

Kdawg

Heavyweight
Nice job man. The effort you put in shines through, moreso given that you did that in 4 months during all this shit. Any chance to post up a sample of your diet and training protocol?
Yeah man, I'm sure a lot of Monsters here will point out a ton of mistakes I made, but this is the first time I have managed to get weight loss (more than 20lbs) and have it stick.

Training I did 5x a week Monday-Friday. Push/Pull - Volume/Weight routine.

So Monday - High rep chest/front & medial delts/triceps
Tuesday - High rep back/rear delts/biceps
Wed - Legs
Thursday - low rep, high weight chest/ delts/ triceps
Friday - Deadlift day/ rear delts/ biceps

Monday/Tuesdays I stayed in the 15-30 rep range for everything, Thursday Friday was 4-10 reps. 2 exercises for each body part per day.

Majority of the weight loss happened in the first 4 months (46 of 56 lbs) - Cardio 2x per day elliptical. 20 minute sessions each split. Followed by hitting minimum 10k steps walked per day on top of that. 6 days per week.

Diet first 4 months of initial weight loss included 1,900 calories per day for 10 days. Followed by 1 binge meal (About 2 hour window) where I would put back 2 large pizza's myself and 2 jars of dipping suace for a total of about 8,000 calories in 2 hours lmao. I allowed myself to do it 3x a month.

Diet consisted of high protein/high carb/low fat. I would consider myself a volume eater... and its hard to eat volume with your only allowed 1900 calories per day. I have one recipe that is all over the internet (Protein Ice Cream) that I have eaten from the start of my diet till today still that I have altered to my liking and give almost as much success to it helping me.. as the hard work I have put in lmao.

Recipe is:
45g Mint Chocolate Protein by Revolution Nutrition
105g Blueberrys
5g Guar Gum
5g Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
350g Ice Cubes
175g Almond Milk
7g Lillys Stevia Sweetend Chocolate Chips
Blend the shit out of it and eat. Makes about 7-8 "cups" of Ice cream for a total of like 350 calories for entire thing, and tastes exactly like chocolate chip mint ice cream.

I still live on this almost 2x a day for 700 of my daily calories.

Once the initial weightless was over.. I have now upped my calories slowly to 2400 per day, dropped the cardio to 1x 20 minute session 5 times per week instead of 6. And increased the frequency of my massive pizza cheat meal to once every 7 days instead of 10. And I still managed to lose another 10 lbs in the following 4 months. Weight training has stayed the same.

Lifts dropped a bunch throughout.
Bench/Deadlift/Squat @ Fattest 222lb was 315/485/365 (1 rep maxes)

Bench/Deadlift/Squat @165lbs is 265/395/315. Deadlift took a big hit.

Goldenrod

VET
congrats on the tranformation @Kdawg - look good with the new weight loss. Actually don't look smaller, just more vascular and ripped.
Never forget your health and it sounds like you have it in mind!
GR

Syche

Heavyweight
I wish my cut went smooth but the lack of gym access just resulted in some lame muscle lose I got the 175+ to a 150 +- 1-2 lbs but the body fat was my biggest concern I hit 26+ % now I am down to 18+ which I can work with once I steady out on new maintenance calories once I am lifting again but good job dude ! I’ll have to think about that ice cream option. Also I hear it kills blenders and mine just died so in the market for a new one any good recommendations are the ninjas that good or the vitamix the way to go ?

Kdawg

Heavyweight
I ab
I wish my cut went smooth but the lack of gym access just resulted in some lame muscle lose I got the 175+ to a 150 +- 1-2 lbs but the body fat was my biggest concern I hit 26+ % now I am down to 18+ which I can work with once I steady out on new maintenance calories once I am lifting again but good job dude ! I’ll have to think about that ice cream option. Also I hear it kills blenders and mine just died so in the market for a new one any good recommendations are the ninjas that good or the vitamix the way to go ?
Absolutely swear by the higher end ninjas. 1100+ watts or higher. Took back the vitamix that was 3x the price since it doesn’t blend ice as well.
Went with the 1100 watt pro model paid $129 at best buy. Been using it 2-3 times per day in my household to blend mass amounts of ice for 8 months straight. No signs of slowing down.

Syche

Heavyweight
I ab

Absolutely swear by the higher end ninjas. 1100+ watts or higher. Took back the vitamix that was 3x the price since it doesn’t blend ice as well.
Went with the 1100 watt pro model paid $129 at best buy. Been using it 2-3 times per day in my household to blend mass amounts of ice for 8 months straight. No signs of slowing down.

thanks man ! its decided i will pick one of those up asap.